JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread
Jun 26, 2016 at 4:14 AM Post #2,989 of 4,826
What do you mean by sometimes works? It has a mild boost, which is audible when the appropriate frequencies are there. It's not a 'beats' style boost that muddies everything up.

The C5 doesn't muddy everything up, but you can really tell it's there and it doesn't mess with the rest of the mix at all. Like a nice old school Techics Super Bass boost.

What I meant is on tracks where the C5 would have noticable difference, the difference between off and on was negligeble in comparison when it came to the iDSD.

I love the iDSD but the bass boost was stronger I wish.

I agree the icans have way way better bass boost. I dunno why the iDSD micro is so weak in comparison.

Jun 26, 2016 at 4:17 AM Post #2,990 of 4,826
The C5 doesn't muddy everything up, but you can really tell it's there and it doesn't mess with the rest of the mix at all. Like a nice old school Techics Super Bass boost.

What I meant is on tracks where the C5 would have noticable difference, the difference between off and on was negligeble in comparison when it came to the iDSD.

I love the iDSD but the bass boost was stronger I wish.

I agree the icans have way way better bass boost. I dunno why the iDSD micro is so weak in comparison.

Gotcha. It's prob only 2.5dB on the IFI, I use a multi-point VST plug-in myself when I want to bring the thunder:punch:

Jun 27, 2016 at 12:24 AM Post #2,991 of 4,826
Guys im in the uk, have a pair of japanese imported jvc sz1000 with 55x pads plus brainwavz pleather plads and a c5 im thinking of selling. Im using my phone as i dont have a pc but im just seeing if theres any takers. Jvc's are approx 3months old, c5 is in good condition no problems, I would actually throw in an android hifimediy dac that was £30 aswell. Pm me if your interested. In saving up for a pair of campfire audio andromeda

Jul 6, 2016 at 9:48 PM Post #2,992 of 4,826
Didnt see much about hard cases for these headphones.  Ordered these for the mean time. They are not actually that bad. Only $8 prime shipped too. Headphones fit snuggly and don't move around at all. Zipper seems really sturdy and well put together. Case is somewhat flimsy in that if you dropped something heavy on them your phones are going to be dust. However, they are plenty thick enough to withstand a drop down a flight of stairs. Shoot. $8.

Anybody have any thing better please post. I have no qualms upgrading.

heres pics.

https://www.amazon.com/Sentey-GS-1401-Headset-headphones-Compartments-Dimensions/dp/B00I4XZ0S2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1467855255&sr=8-1&keywords=sentey+headphone+case

Jul 6, 2016 at 11:39 PM Post #2,993 of 4,826
@BadReligionPunk
I use one of those no name Pelican clones.

I have a lot of them around for various reasons so stuff won't break.

No guns in any of them but lots of fragile equipment :wink:

Mines a MTM Case Gard cost $6 on amazon.
I'm not a gun owner but I use these for my expensive IEMs, the thicker ones will fit SZ2k's, and i use them for glass art too when travelling to shows.

Jul 7, 2016 at 1:51 AM Post #2,994 of 4,826
Didnt see much about hard cases for these headphones.  Ordered these for the mean time. They are not actually that bad. Only $8 prime shipped too. Headphones fit snuggly and don't move around at all. Zipper seems really sturdy and well put together. Case is somewhat flimsy in that if you dropped something heavy on them your phones are going to be dust. However, they are plenty thick enough to withstand a drop down a flight of stairs. Shoot. $8.

Anybody have any thing better please post. I have no qualms upgrading.

heres pics.

https://www.amazon.com/Sentey-GS-1401-Headset-headphones-Compartments-Dimensions/dp/B00I4XZ0S2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1467855255&sr=8-1&keywords=sentey+headphone+case

Those Sentey cases are great, use them myself.

Jul 14, 2016 at 4:14 AM Post #2,995 of 4,826
Don't own my 1000 anymore I sold them just got bored with to much bass, bass is good but not when u can't hear the rest of the music if u get my drift. Even with an EQ still got boring just wasn't complete enough for me sorry bass heads.

Jul 22, 2016 at 2:08 AM Post #3,000 of 4,826
I currently own an HD800...but for the past year, i have been fiending for a headphone with strong bass.

I have been considering the th900 for quite some time - yes, in a different league than the sz2000. The problem is, i want a very fun headphone with deafening bass. That is why i am here.

How does the bass compare to the th900, with the sz2000?
Will i be disappointed with the th900 bass, compared to the other?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back