JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread
Jun 4, 2015 at 8:09 AM Post #2,176 of 4,826

Read the post at the top. That's all you need to affect the hardware. After you install it there's even a dropdown to pinpoint if you want it to affect just one audio source or any device.

I did at first, but it was way too complicated for me, what with 3d rooms and stuff. But then I noticed music alchemist mentioned peace gui and installed it. Now it looks exactly like i wanted it, just got to try it out now :)

Jun 4, 2015 at 8:37 AM Post #2,177 of 4,826
  Also, just trying my cans with my Xperia Z2 , the E12 and an eq app. Damn, way better sound than from the computer (as said many times before in several threads). Where's the difference? I mean, why couldn't a pc sound as good as my mobile? Another question about pads, I hear M55 and Alpha etc. What are the exact names of the cans? Is it the JVC HA-MX55 or the JVC HA-MR55X? Or some other cans? I'm kind of noobish regarding this.

You can find the Alpha Pads here: https://mrspeakers.com/product-category/3-accessories/ear-pads/

Way more comfortable than your stock pads and I think they help the soundstage and imagery too.

Jun 4, 2015 at 11:18 AM Post #2,178 of 4,826
   You can find the Alpha Pads here: https://mrspeakers.com/product-category/3-accessories/ear-pads/

Way more comfortable than your stock pads and I think they help the soundstage and imagery too.

What are your thoughts on how the Alpha pads compare to the more popular (among SZ2K owners) HM5 and HA-M55X pads?

Jun 4, 2015 at 5:45 PM Post #2,179 of 4,826
Jun 4, 2015 at 5:59 PM Post #2,180 of 4,826

What are your thoughts on how the Alpha pads compare to the more popular (among SZ2K owners) HM5 and HA-M55X pads?

I've got Alpha pads on mine and also tried the HA-M55X pads. I wrote comparisons between the two a while back in the bass thread. But it pretty much boils down to: if you want more impact: M55X, more comfortable: Alpha. I remember the M55X made my ears touch the drivers and it was getting irritating, or what more likely happened was that it was just uncomfortable in comparison. Other people don't have this problem or don't mind it I think. Alpha pads still have a ton of impact still, it's just that the M55X have a bit more since there's less distance to travel for the bass to affect your skin.

Jun 4, 2015 at 6:02 PM Post #2,181 of 4,826
  I've got Alpha pads on mine and also tried the HA-M55X pads. I wrote comparisons between the two a while back in the bass thread. But it pretty much boils down to: if you want more impact: M55X, more comfortable: Alpha. I remember the M55X made my ears touch the drivers and it was getting irritating, or what more likely happened was that it was just uncomfortable in comparison. Other people don't have this problem or don't mind it I think. Alpha pads still have a ton of impact still, it's just that the M55X have a bit more since there's less distance to travel for the bass to affect your skin.

I was planning on getting both the HM5 and M55X pads. Just trying to figure out whether I would want the Alpha pads too. They're more expensive, but look nice.

Jun 5, 2015 at 3:01 AM Post #2,183 of 4,826
Hey guys been lurking for awhile here. So I have the sz2000 with the hamx 55 pads and currently using the o2 odac that I usually use with my hd 650. I am currently satisfied with my custom v shaped EQ from Peace and APO. But like most people here, I curious to whether I can noticeably improve/change the SQ. I've seen many people mention the Cayin c5 gives it a nice bass boost, but is it really a big upgrade from the transparent o2 odac?

Jun 5, 2015 at 11:11 AM Post #2,185 of 4,826
Been listening these few hours. Came used from German amazon. Well... out of the box and with Galaxy S2 plus sounded very mediocre. Attached to computer and Fiio E6 middle of them. Windows bass boost +21db. Much better now. Also did McGyver foam stuffing to raise pads. Helped little, but thinking order those Brainwavez pads. Seems like every JVC headphone needs modding before being usable. Same was with FX iems. 

Listening first some hiphop. Got bored in minutes and changed to what I listen mostly. Metal and rock. I like my metal bassy, pounding me like thousand hammers, oh yes. One song I have been used to separate Headphones from headphones is Insomnium - While we sleep. This melodic death metal song reveals if headphone gets messy with guitars while double bassdrums kicks in. JVC FX iems failed, as did Motorheadphones iems also Sony MDR-ZX600 and V55. Every Sennheiser headphone, Philips Citiscape uptown have been successful and SZ2000 can be added, thank god, to that group. Would been seriously pissed off, because these still cost 220 eur, even used. 

But still, this isn't most nauseauting exprience with headphones yet. Motorheadphones Trigger iems with certain EDM songs does that much quicker and brutally. Of course SZ2000 feel more in your body, iems probably messing your balance center in ears more thus causing nausea.

SZ2000 are mostly fun cans, but I miss details compared i.e. to Sennheiser momentum overear. Higher cost even at used does not give good bang for the buck rating to these. Electric guitars sounds little bit hollow. Bass is rich and full, if amplified. If not amplified, sound is really mediocre. Dunno if E6 is capable of revealing SZ2000 full potential, but it is minimum to even get hint of that bass. For me, these sounds actually pretty flat, if bass is not raised by eq. Wish JVC would do version without needing to amp, clearer electric guitars and better pads. Would be a winner for me.

Jun 5, 2015 at 11:23 AM Post #2,186 of 4,826
  Been listening these few hours. Came used from German amazon. Well... of the box and with Galaxy S2 plus sounded very mediocre. Attached to computer and Fiio E6 middle of them. Windows bass boost +21db. Much better now. Also did McGyver foam stuffing to raise pads. Helped little, but thinking order those Brainwavez pads. Seems like every JVC headphone needs modding before being usable. Same was with FX iems. 

Listening first some hiphop. Got bored in minutes and changed to what I listen mostly. Metal and rock. I like my metal bassy, pounding me like thousand hammers, oh yes. One song I have been used to separate Headphones from headphones is Insomnium - While we sleep. This melodic death metal song reveals if headphone gets messy with guitars while double bassdrums kicks in. JVC FX iems failed, as did Motorheadphones iems also Sony MDR-ZX600 and V55. Every Sennheiser headphone, Philips Citiscape uptown have been successful and SZ2000 can be added, thank god, to that group. Would been seriously pissed off, because these still cost 220 eur, even used. 

But still, this isn't most nauseauting exprience with headphones yet. Motorheadphones Trigger iems with certain EDM songs does that much quicker and brutally. Of course SZ2000 feel more in your body, iems probably messing your balance center in ears more thus causing nausea.

SZ2000 are mostly fun cans, but I miss details compared i.e. to Sennheiser momentum overear. Higher cost even at used does not give good bang for the buck rating to these. Electric guitars sounds little bit hollow. Bass is rich and full, if amplified. If not amplified, sound is really mediocre. Dunno if E6 is capable of revealing SZ2000 full potential, but it is minimum to even get hint of that bass. For me, these sounds actually pretty flat, if bass is not raised by eq. Wish JVC would do version without needing to amp, clearer electric guitars and better pads. Would be a winner for me.

Melodic death metal is one of my favorite genres!

You can alter the sound with more intricate EQ. You might be surprised how it changes to your liking, once you experiment!

Jun 7, 2015 at 1:38 PM Post #2,190 of 4,826
SZ2000 with Alpha Pads: 

They're like pillows man, very comfortable. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back