JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread
Feb 21, 2015 at 7:45 AM Post #1,861 of 4,826
That's it! All you need right there.

Thanks that's all I need to know 
biggrin.gif

Feb 21, 2015 at 8:16 AM Post #1,862 of 4,826
Has anyone who has disassembled these know if there is room to mod these internally? Somebody mentioned dynamat, I personally have used insulating tape for same result on other headphones. Also, I have used tin tape internally to bring up high notes. Since these are dual driver- is there a way to put tin tape in for the small drivers benefit only?

Feb 21, 2015 at 8:23 AM Post #1,863 of 4,826
  Has anyone who has disassembled these know if there is room to mod these internally? Somebody mentioned dynamat, I personally have used insulating tape for same result on other headphones. Also, I have used tin tape internally to bring up high notes. Since these are dual driver- is there a way to put tin tape in for the small drivers benefit only?

There is "some" wiggle room, but you need to take out the isolation mat (which seems like some sort of cotton to me), and that's pretty much it. Both drivers have a isolation chamber which gives you enough room to try and switch the padding mat. It's not hard, but i'd be very, VERY careful in the disassembly.

Feb 21, 2015 at 9:59 AM Post #1,864 of 4,826
Well now back home and blasting the sz2k:s with the Cayin c5. Oh my! Now i really get where HawaiiBadboy is coming from... Bassland! Promised to compare the Ifi iDSD Micro to Cayin. My vote goes to Cayin. C5 opens up the veil of these totally. And the bass is just so much better, tighter. The Xbass of the Ifi was just obsolete. Cayin bass boost is serious business. Cayin does not need 3d holografic setting, it has it on allready. I now play spotify with eq flat or bypassed. In my opinion this combination brings high fidelity and bass head together in a beautiful way. No wonder many have commented that they hardly listen to other headphones anymore as this is so much fun.

Seriously, the bass hit is so hard and tight it starts to induce pain if played at high volume.

Jvc ha-sz2000+brainwavez hm5 thick pads+Cayin c5= piece of audioheaven.:D

Feb 21, 2015 at 10:22 AM Post #1,865 of 4,826
Well now back home and blasting the sz2k:s with the Cayin c5. Oh my! Now i really get where HawaiiBadboy is coming from... Bassland! Promised to compare the Ifi iDSD Micro to Cayin. My vote goes to Cayin. C5 opens up the veil of these totally. And the bass is just so much better, tighter. The Xbass of the Ifi was just obsolete. Cayin bass boost is serious business. Cayin does not need 3d holografic setting, it has it on allready. I now play spotify with eq flat or bypassed. In my opinion this combination brings high fidelity and bass head together in a beautiful way. No wonder many have commented that they hardly listen to other headphones anymore as this is so much fun.

Seriously, the bass hit is so hard and tight it starts to induce pain if played at high volume.

Jvc ha-sz2000+brainwavez hm5 thick pads+Cayin c5= piece of audioheaven.
biggrin.gif

It is kind of amazing.
I believed amps make power and nothing more worth noting but the cayin does work really nicely with the SZ

Feb 21, 2015 at 10:56 AM Post #1,866 of 4,826
  I am a basshead with audiophile mood swings...like alchemist but 90% basshead 10% audiophile.

hehehe!

By the way, do you know of a thread about basshead music specifically? Not general discussion of other bass-related stuff, but just recommendations for albums and songs that are great for basshead purposes. If there isn't a thread like that yet, you should start one! It would make things easier for so many people.

Edit: Never mind. There are already some threads like that.

Feb 21, 2015 at 5:58 PM Post #1,867 of 4,826
Now with hm5 pads with plastic tubing underneath. Seal is so good the there's suction when I take them off

Feb 21, 2015 at 7:00 PM Post #1,868 of 4,826
Well I finally got around to picking up some Dynamat. The smallest pack I could find was 2 individual 10" x 10" sheets for $25. A couple hours later I have what I would call a success. It showed all the characteristics of Dynamat when used in a automobile application. The bass was tighter, it hit harder, and was louder. The mids and highs also cleaned up some. Before I applied the Dynamat in very hard bass situations I could hear the cheap plastic housing rattling from vibration. Now they are crystal clear. I would definitely say they outperform any SZ's without Dynamat. It did add some weight, but oh well. I don't mind the looks, keep in mind these are only worn in my house. So for what it's worth if you want that extra performance out of your SZ's, with $25 dollars of Dynamat and some patience it can be achieved.

Feb 21, 2015 at 8:37 PM Post #1,869 of 4,826
  Okay, guys...I might be able to join the SZ2K club soon, if I sell enough of my stuff for the extra cash.

#1: I'm 1/4 Portuguese!

#2: I love your username!

I 2nd the great name, but you have a great avatar, biri biri. I'm really getting a bass craving too, how do these things so subbass? I mean, 20 - 30 hz bass. I'm either going to buy these or the Mad Dogs, so I'd like to know if these can output serious bass levels at the lowest of bass frequencies.

Feb 21, 2015 at 8:52 PM Post #1,870 of 4,826
Well I finally got around to picking up some Dynamat. The smallest pack I could find was 2 individual 10" x 10" sheets for $25. A couple hours later I have what I would call a success. It showed all the characteristics of Dynamat when used in a automobile application. The bass was tighter, it hit harder, and was louder. The mids and highs also cleaned up some. Before I applied the Dynamat in very hard bass situations I could hear the cheap plastic housing rattling from vibration. Now they are crystal clear. I would definitely say they outperform any SZ's without Dynamat. It did add some weight, but oh well. I don't mind the looks, keep in mind these are only worn in my house. So for what it's worth if you want that extra performance out of your SZ's, with $25 dollars of Dynamat and some patience it can be achieved.

BBbbbbbassssssHEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
biggrin.gif

Nice work!!

Ima share this in the basshead thread.

Feb 21, 2015 at 8:52 PM Post #1,871 of 4,826
  I 2nd the great name, but you have a great avatar, biri biri. I'm really getting a bass craving too, how do these things so subbass? I mean, 20 - 30 hz bass. I'm either going to buy these or the Mad Dogs, so I'd like to know if these can output serious bass levels at the lowest of bass frequencies.

Haha! I'm glad you're familiar with A Certain Magical Index. Mikoto Misaka is my favorite character. Watching A Certain Scientific Railgun (prequel / side-story) now.

I don't own 'em yet, so I can't tell ya from personal experience...but I've heard so many impressive things about them (far more impressive than the simple requirements you described) that I can't pass it up. In case you haven't seen this yet: http://www.head-fi.org/t/716711/the-best-bass-headphones-are-the-extreme-bass-club

Feb 22, 2015 at 12:19 PM Post #1,872 of 4,826

Haha! I'm glad you're familiar with A Certain Magical Index. Mikoto Misaka is my favorite character. Watching A Certain Scientific Railgun (prequel / side-story) now.

I don't own 'em yet, so I can't tell ya from personal experience...but I've heard so many impressive things about them (far more impressive than the simple requirements you described) that I can't pass it up. In case you haven't seen this yet: http://www.head-fi.org/t/716711/the-best-bass-headphones-are-the-extreme-bass-club

I've seen the list, I used to be interested in the XB1000 cause it supposedly had crazy subbass. I don't care much for midbass, just that 20 - 50hz earth shattering goodness. I was asking in general, not specifically you ahah. Oh yes, I'm a big fan of the Toaru series, I watched both Index and Railgun (seasons 1 and 2 of both, Railgun S is great) and read most of the novels which I recommend if you like the shows enough). I like bass, I just wish more bassheads focused more on serious output at 20hz rather than elsewhere.

Feb 22, 2015 at 1:04 PM Post #1,873 of 4,826
  Oh yes, I'm a big fan of the Toaru series, I watched both Index and Railgun (seasons 1 and 2 of both, Railgun S is great) and read most of the novels which I recommend if you like the shows enough).

Like I told you privately, you're pickier than I am with ratings! Especially since despite being a big fan, you only gave it a 6/10.
biggrin.gif

Feb 22, 2015 at 2:25 PM Post #1,874 of 4,826
I'm looking to get these, they're £252 on amazon UK, is this an okay price? How much did you guys get yours for?

Also what's the best amp for these? Is the FiiO E12 good for these?

Thanks for your help!

Feb 23, 2015 at 12:50 AM Post #1,875 of 4,826
What would be the best amp to drive JVC sz1000, its sub bass cant be felt without eq, and I want an amp that would drive the subwoofer driver of these.
Some alternative to cayin c5,with better battery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back