JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread
Feb 18, 2015 at 5:02 PM Post #1,846 of 4,826
These cans are great, have them since last summer and it's impossible to ask for more bass seriously they just destroy your ears with pure bass... of course to reach that bass you have to have a good amp and know how to EQ so of course these wont sound good when you take them out of a box and I doubt the X3 would be able to feed them properly.. at least to reach that kinda bass

Anyway I've recently aquired a shiit amp and I wanted to ask something, I have a Fiio E17 which I've been using with the SZ1000. Can I use the shiit amp with the Fiio E17 using the E17 as a DAC ONLY or will both devices work as amps when I connect them?

Feb 18, 2015 at 6:16 PM Post #1,847 of 4,826
Yes you can. Just connect from headphone output to rca(cinch) input of schiit. Both will leave their sonic signature on the sound, but the Fiio will be taken of the load of headphones and drive the schiit(easier load), wich in turn will drive the schiit out of your sz1k:s(with more power).

Maybe someone who has the Fiio can tell if it has possibility to bypass the volume pot for this use? Could not find it in specs.

So only difference to dedicated dac would be that it runs the signal through the volume pot.

Feb 19, 2015 at 12:28 AM Post #1,848 of 4,826
I've had my set for 2 weeks now, and I'm loving them. I've been lurking the whole thread. I play my iPhone 6+ through a teac ha-p50 for quality. I also have double amped with my Fiio e12. The one thing that stands out to me is sound bleed from the speaker housing them selves. There is a lot of amazing people on the thread and I can't believe no one has thought of Dyna-mat. It's a staple for the auto industry. It may ruin the ascetics of the headphones, but will definitely raise overall Spl levels. It should cut you amp levels in half. I'm going to give it a shot. I don't give a **** what they look like, sound over fashion. I'll let y'all know what turns up.:)

Feb 19, 2015 at 12:30 AM Post #1,849 of 4,826
I've had my set for 2 weeks now, and I'm loving them. I've been lurking the whole thread. I play my iPhone 6+ through a teac ha-p50 for quality. I also have double amped with my Fiio e12. The one thing that stands out to me is sound bleed from the speaker housing them selves. There is a lot of amazing people on the thread and I can't believe no one has thought of Dyna-mat. It's a staple for the auto industry. It may ruin the ascetics of the headphones, but will definitely raise overall Spl levels. It should cut you amp levels in half. I'm going to give it a shot. I don't give a **** what they look like, sound over fashion. I'll let y'all know what turns up.
smily_headphones1.gif

Let me know bout this one :)

Feb 19, 2015 at 9:15 PM Post #1,851 of 4,826

Oh god man, I don't know where you get all these .gifs but sometimes when I just lurk around and it's the first thing I see, they crack me the hell up.

Then again, you are located in Japan.. I'm sure there's literally everything literally everywhere.. Damn, hope I get the money to be able to spend some time there. And yknow no wars yadda yadda..

Feb 19, 2015 at 10:21 PM Post #1,852 of 4,826
These cans are great, have them since last summer and it's impossible to ask for more bass seriously they just destroy your ears with pure bass... of course to reach that bass you have to have a good amp and know how to EQ so of course these wont sound good when you take them out of a box and I doubt the X3 would be able to feed them properly.. at least to reach that kinda bass

Anyway I've recently aquired a shiit amp and I wanted to ask something, I have a Fiio E17 which I've been using with the SZ1000. Can I use the shiit amp with the Fiio E17 using the E17 as a DAC ONLY or will both devices work as amps when I connect them?

I have this exact combo! (E17 > Asgard 2) Yes you can bypass the E17 amp, you just have to get the line out adapter from Fiio ($10 or so on Amazon.com) which plugs into the E17 and gives you a true line out. Works great for me!

Feb 20, 2015 at 10:18 PM Post #1,856 of 4,826
  Hahah thanks hope you'll join the SZ Club as you said 
biggrin.gif
 If you're a basshead like me I'm sure you'll enjoy them 
dt880smile.png

hehe, my signature says "90% audiophile, 10% basshead." Maybe once I have a proper bass cannon, that ratio can change.

Oh, and if I like the Focal Spirit Professional (which I should finally receive tomorrow) more than my other headphones, I'll probably sell the others to help fund the SZ2K.

Feb 20, 2015 at 10:49 PM Post #1,857 of 4,826

hehe, my signature says "90% audiophile, 10% basshead." Maybe once I have a proper bass cannon, that ratio can change.

Oh, and if I like the Focal Spirit Professional (which I should finally receive tomorrow) more than my other headphones, I'll probably sell the others to help fund the SZ2K.

Yeah I'm not a 100% basshead either, I'm a bit of an audiophile myself. The SZ's are my pair exclusively for bass as I use others for things like gaming for example but truth be told when I'm having that feeling that I need to feel some bass, I go get my SZ, put on some bass heavy music and I'm happy for the rest of the day
biggrin.gif
I'm sure that if you get them, connect them to your amp and eq them to your taste, you'll be astonished by the powers these cans have 
blink.gif
  in my opinion the best way to EQ them is the V shape signature but opinions might differ xD

Feb 21, 2015 at 2:33 AM Post #1,858 of 4,826
finally received by s2k's and my god I AM LOVING THESE THINGS. I actually have these paired up with my ZO FS and my E07k line out DAC. The bass on the ZO FS bumps the bass on these guys super cleanly. I would say the quality of the bass improves vastly with the punch becoming more pronounced. I wouldn't say it doesn't increase it as much in quantity as the E12 or other fiio amps however, but nevertheless, I have some software eq going on as well to help with the low end. But otherwise, these are spot on what I was looking for in terms of EDM and hip hop. I got the K7XXs to cover the rest 
biggrin.gif

(Also replaced the pads with HM5 so they are super comfy!)

Feb 21, 2015 at 3:00 AM Post #1,860 of 4,826
  finally received by s2k's and my god I AM LOVING THESE THINGS. I actually have these paired up with my ZO FS and my E07k line out DAC. The bass on the ZO FS bumps the bass on these guys super cleanly. I would say the quality of the bass improves vastly with the punch becoming more pronounced. I wouldn't say it doesn't increase it as much in quantity as the E12 or other fiio amps however, but nevertheless, I have some software eq going on as well to help with the low end. But otherwise, these are spot on what I was looking for in terms of EDM and hip hop. I got the K7XXs to cover the rest 
biggrin.gif

(Also replaced the pads with HM5 so they are super comfy!)

Congrats
beerchug.gif

I think we are are realizing these are mood/genre' specific cans that require some love and attention and in return give back a.....unique sonic experience. I use ma 900 for open back wide stage stuff but my sz are my primary cans.
I am a basshead with audiophile mood swings...like alchemist but 90% basshead 10% audiophile.
So I'm covered 100% with 2 cans.

Again.
Congrats

Users who are viewing this thread

Back