JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread
Nov 5, 2014 at 9:49 AM Post #1,456 of 4,826
anyone order HA-SZ2000 from Japan on amazon? How much are the import charges if there are any? they dried up stock all over the rest of the world man. I'm trying to find out how they send it because I don't wanna pay import charges and fees. Do they undervalue it or gift maybe? 

Nov 5, 2014 at 10:03 AM Post #1,457 of 4,826
  anyone order HA-SZ2000 from Japan on amazon? How much are the import charges if there are any? they dried up stock all over the rest of the world man. I'm trying to find out how they send it because I don't wanna pay import charges and fees. Do they undervalue it or gift maybe? 

When you buy it from amazon everything is included in the price. You dont have to worry about anything. Just wait it to show in your front door.

Nov 5, 2014 at 11:37 AM Post #1,458 of 4,826
Alright well I'm gonna order one. $264 CAD from japan with free shipping currently, pretty good deal I reckon. 18 to 32 days shipping though....Estimated delivery: Dec 3 2014 - Dec 24 2014.

Edit: thanks to a pm from a kind person here I went to amazon.com instead of the canadian site and found a deal from J-Made for $273 expedited delivery estimated Nov 12-17 
bigsmile_face.gif

Nov 6, 2014 at 2:00 PM Post #1,459 of 4,826
Hello lovers of bass and destruction of hearing with the SZ2000 and in my case E12 amplifier. I was not happy with these headphones until now. Today is the day when I finally get HM5 thick pads. These change all, comfort is finally at the level that I was expected to be at the time buying these headphones. I have to admit that there is almost no vibration. Bass is still strong and impact full only the skull is not shaking. For me, the most important is comfort.
L3000.gif

Nov 6, 2014 at 4:34 PM Post #1,460 of 4,826
Interesting, i'd have to try the HM5 pads with my SZ2000. The DT770 work nicely, but they start to lose thickness with usage, and my DT990 pads don't work as well as the 770's.

Nov 9, 2014 at 7:39 AM Post #1,461 of 4,826
Just listened to these 2 tracks on the SZ2000 and damn it sounded nuts it really felt like I was in the club listening to it

Danity Kane - Showstopper
Dark By Design - Loops N Tings

I'm still liking the M100s overall sound signature compared to the SZ2000 still gotta wait  for my HM5 pads get here though

Nov 9, 2014 at 8:17 AM Post #1,462 of 4,826
  Just listened to these 2 tracks on the SZ2000 and damn it sounded nuts it really felt like I was in the club listening to it

Danity Kane - Showstopper
Dark By Design - Loops N Tings

I'm still liking the M100s overall sound signature compared to the SZ2000 still gotta wait  for my HM5 pads get here though

I'm a fan of the M 100 and had them briefly and now might grab them again for portable use. With the bass cranked up like in a club with big amps I just love the SZ. Looking forward to your thoughts after you get the new pads. Are you boosting the sub-bass. Crank up that 30-60Hz.
Good times!
Let us know when those pads come 
beerchug.gif

I just checked the 2nd track and it's a hit at 70Hz (mostly)...M100 is great with mid bass and clearer and that track has no vocals. I'd take the M100 on that track

The 1st track is sub-bass laden and female and male vocals. Check THAT track with the 2 cans after the pad switch. THAT'S my music right there.That's why I own the SZ. Female vocals and high sub bass hits at high gain........******* NIRVANA...ear gasms!

Nov 10, 2014 at 1:53 AM Post #1,463 of 4,826

I'm a fan of the M 100 and had them briefly and now might grab them again for portable use. With the bass cranked up like in a club with big amps I just love the SZ. Looking forward to your thoughts after you get the new pads. Are you boosting the sub-bass. Crank up that 30-60Hz.
Good times!
Let us know when those pads come 
beerchug.gif

I just checked the 2nd track and it's a hit at 70Hz (mostly)...M100 is great with mid bass and clearer and that track has no vocals. I'd take the M100 on that track

The 1st track is sub-bass laden and female and male vocals. Check THAT track with the 2 cans after the pad switch. THAT'S my music right there.That's why I own the SZ. Female vocals and high sub bass hits at high gain........******* NIRVANA...ear gasms!

The M100s are excellent for portable use.Thing with them is that the part where the screws go into the wingplate can crack it happened to mine and I barely take mine outside

But yeah for the club like bass then SZ2000 kicks ass I just find that with instruments and vocals it can kinda sound a tiny bit distant sounding? is that what it means when ppl say veiled?

With the EQ i don't touch it and not sure what is getting boosted in the low freq as I leave that all up to the Digizoid FS

I'm going to wait until the HM5 pads get here and see how they go

Nov 10, 2014 at 4:23 AM Post #1,464 of 4,826
Veiled means what it sounds like. It's like a blanket put on the sound that takes away from harshness or neutral treble, for better or worse. My SZ2000 haven't gotten here yet but I imagine it makes guitars and the bass guitar boomy just from the amount of bass + veil. I don't mind it one bit for what I'm gonna use it for. Veiled won't matter in that case. 

Nov 11, 2014 at 12:12 AM Post #1,466 of 4,826
  Someone here using an Objective2 amp for the SZ? 

I've tested the O2 with my pair of SZ2000, it does work, but i wouldn't use it really. It's too transparent, doesn't boost anything really. I usually get enough power from my laptop, and it's more EQ friendly, since i installed the Pro-Q.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back