JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread
Jun 18, 2014 at 8:13 PM Post #1,141 of 4,826
tomorrow i will be getting my sz2000. and i ask myself this question a long time. when you get new speakers or a headphone. do they also need to play for a while before you can crank up the volume on them? can you damage the speakers when you play them too loud out of the box

Jun 18, 2014 at 8:30 PM Post #1,142 of 4,826
tomorrow i will be getting my sz2000. and i ask myself this question a long time. when you get new speakers or a headphone. do they also need to play for a while before you can crank up the volume on them? can you damage the speakers when you play them too loud out of the box

I never heard of damage from cranking something loud out of the box, but there IS the question of "burn-in" - a highly contested question in head-fi... 
biggrin.gif

Some say you need to run headphones for tens/hundreds of hours before they "burn in", or "break in", like a new pair of shoes. I don't know what to make of it personally, I never bother.

Jun 19, 2014 at 1:04 PM Post #1,145 of 4,826
  @Hawaiibadboy how do you get the sz2000 to hit that hard? Mine dont hit harder than my m100 atm. But maybe they need to burn in more ? 
I use them with the fiio e17 +10bass.
Do you have to listen THAT LOUD to get them hitting that hard?

M100
blink.gif

This 77x vid shows my settings. Exact same for all cans.

Cowon DAP Volume 34,  EQ (flat)   BBE+8   MACH3BASS+9
e12 amp bass boost on.

That track on those settings distort the M100's
All the cans on my top 10 list do NOT distort on these settings but the M100 do. Nice cans,(M100) great quality, nice bass...not basshead level.

Did you change the pads? Which pads are you using?

I uploaded this 10 minutes ago

Jun 19, 2014 at 1:21 PM Post #1,146 of 4,826
still using stock pads
i cant distort my m100 at listening level. When you go to insane levels maybe but whats the purpose of that.
I really need an EQ. In itunes I can get the bass hit alot harder because of the build in EQ. But i mainly listen to spotify and i dont have an EQ for that. Which EQ can i use ? im on a mac ... the thing is, when i install soundflower or Boom, you need to list those as your output, but then i cant use my fiio. 
How do i solve this ?

and can u pls give me more explanation about this, because this is chinese for me :wink:
e12 amp bass boost on.

is my setup maybe too weak to drive these phones?

Jun 19, 2014 at 2:23 PM Post #1,147 of 4,826
still using stock pads
i cant distort my m100 at listening level. When you go to insane levels maybe but whats the purpose of that.

I really need an EQ. In itunes I can get the bass hit alot harder because of the build in EQ. But i mainly listen to spotify and i dont have an EQ for that. Which EQ can i use ? im on a mac ... the thing is, when i install soundflower or Boom, you need to list those as your output, but then i cant use my fiio. 
How do i solve this ?

and can u pls give me more explanation about this, because this is chinese for me :wink:
e12 amp bass boost on.

is my setup maybe too weak to drive these phones?

I use my Fiio E17 on EQ bass setting 10 (max) using either my iPod or iPad and don't think the E17 is too weak in the slightest to drive the SZ2000.

I think you query may relate to HBB's bass slam videos by far having more paper vibrations than any other - it may be his Cowon DAP, MR77X pad swap or his E12 individually or combined that make the added difference, but it's going to get expensive to replicate his set up unless you already own the Cowon, E12 or MR77X pads.

IMO, your current setup with your E17 is just fine with plenty amplification to power your new beasts, though a pad change to 100mm Beyerdynamic, HM5, AlphaDogs or MR77X's are widely recommended.

Jun 19, 2014 at 2:29 PM Post #1,148 of 4,826
what does the pad change give me more? because the comfort of the stock pads is great for me.
I know the fiio e17 can power these phones fine, but i can't get more out of them than my m100 with the fiio :wink:
i am still fiddling with settings. I downloaded the program Hear for mac now and this is night and day difference. You can really give alot more power to your headphones with this

Jun 19, 2014 at 2:59 PM Post #1,149 of 4,826
  what does the pad change give me more? because the comfort of the stock pads is great for me.
I know the fiio e17 can power these phones fine, but i can't get more out of them than my m100 with the fiio :wink:
i am still fiddling with settings. I downloaded the program Hear for mac now and this is night and day difference. You can really give alot more power to your headphones with this

Try playing this pre-EQd test track with everything flat. Raise the volume +24dB, or until you can hear the vocals at normal volume. Test your M100 and see how loud it reaches before distortion, and compare that limit to that of the SZ. As for you saying "i cant distort my m100 at listening level. When you go to insane levels maybe but whats the purpose of that," you want to do this because you can't make claims about capabilities until you hear how far a pair can reproduce frequencies before distortion. Using stock frequency responses to make claims about capabilities makes the claims irrelevant when you can use an EQ anyway, unless you're an anti-EQ purist (which is fine too). And if you haven't realized already, the majority of the recent SZ owners are extreme bassheads (some maybe not too extreme) converted by Hawaii. The maximum bass SPL the SZ can reach is insane--but you know what? I think my ears can handle louder. And I couldn't even settle for anything less--like my 77X, which literally changed my world, is kept in a cabinet as it couldn't even touch the SZ's maximum bass.

Jun 19, 2014 at 3:40 PM Post #1,150 of 4,826

If stock pads are comfortable with you, I'd not bother replacing.

How you enjoying your new cans so far? 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 19, 2014 at 4:33 PM Post #1,151 of 4,826
@cb3723 can you give some impressions of the SZ2000/SZ1000 vs the Vibe Black Death?  I read your review of it already but I was thinking of jumping on the Numark deal you posted in the bass thread since my Q40s crapped out.

edit:  I guess you wrote that the SZ2000 is "more refined all around."  Trying to figure out if it's worth paying double the Numark for the SZ1000 on Amazon

edit:  reading more, found what I was looking for right on page 2 of the other thread:

Originally Posted by cb3723 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"Even from listening to each of the videos I put up, you can clearly hear the SZ's have clearer SQ, and visually see the stronger bass impact on each can using stock pads, but the black deaths are still a very worthy basshead can for what you get for your money, considering the SZ's cost me £245.40 GBP and the Black Death's cost me a mere £59 GBP.  You could argue that you get more bass for your money with the BD's relative to the SZ's, but if you just compare the BD's to the SZ's based on bass slam impact alone, the SZ's are clearly stronger in that department for sure.

IMO, the Black Death's are an amazing value for money can, providing you pick them up at the kind of price Amazon UK are currently selling at now, and recommended for any bass fan on a budget to get a hefty slam for their money, but to get a heavier bass slam and overall generally better sound - you gotta spend more green to get with the SZ2000 scene."

Jun 19, 2014 at 6:32 PM Post #1,152 of 4,826
@cb3723
 can you give some impressions of the SZ2000/SZ1000 vs the Vibe Black Death?  I read your review of it already but I was thinking of jumping on the Numark deal you posted in the bass thread since my Q40s crapped out.

edit:  I guess you wrote that the SZ2000 is "more refined all around."  Trying to figure out if it's worth paying double the Numark for the SZ1000 on Amazon

edit:  reading more, found what I was looking for right on page 2 of the other thread:

Originally Posted by cb3723 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"Even from listening to each of the videos I put up, you can clearly hear the SZ's have clearer SQ, and visually see the stronger bass impact on each can using stock pads, but the black deaths are still a very worthy basshead can for what you get for your money, considering the SZ's cost me £245.40 GBP and the Black Death's cost me a mere £59 GBP.  You could argue that you get more bass for your money with the BD's relative to the SZ's, but if you just compare the BD's to the SZ's based on bass slam impact alone, the SZ's are clearly stronger in that department for sure.

IMO, the Black Death's are an amazing value for money can, providing you pick them up at the kind of price Amazon UK are currently selling at now, and recommended for any bass fan on a budget to get a hefty slam for their money, but to get a heavier bass slam and overall generally better sound - you gotta spend more green to get with the SZ2000 scene."

Ah, cool - I'm pretty sure the NuMark Electrowave cans are the same can as the Vibe BLACKDEATH's, the only difference what looks to be the pads - Electrowave look velour and Vibes are pleather.

I should have the Electrowaves with me shortly for me to confirm all this for definite, but at the current price the Electrowaves are going for on Amazon, and providing they are essentially a different branded BLACKDEATH - it's an awesome price to pick these cans up for, even below the cost of the already cheap BD's which if you were to buy directly off each manufacturers site would pay double to three times the cost at AMAZON :)

Jun 19, 2014 at 7:28 PM Post #1,153 of 4,826
If stock pads are comfortable with you, I'd not bother replacing.

How you enjoying your new cans so far? :)

i got a headache lol because i turn up the volume so loud. the more i listen too them the more i enjoy them. they are really opening up. the soundquality is amazing on these. and the bass is reeeaaaalllyyy kicking in. **** What is this. songs with deep rumbling bass are insane on these phones. your head literally vibrates. try the song animals from martin garrix and you know what i mean. love m so far

Jun 19, 2014 at 7:28 PM Post #1,154 of 4,826
Ah, cool - I'm pretty sure the NuMark Electrowave cans are the same can as the Vibe BLACKDEATH's, the only difference what looks to be the pads - Electrowave look velour and Vibes are pleather.

I should have the Electrowaves with me shortly for me to confirm all this for definite, but at the current price the Electrowaves are going for on Amazon, and providing they are essentially a different branded BLACKDEATH - it's an awesome price to pick these cans up for, even below the cost of the already cheap BD's which if you were to buy directly off each manufacturers site would pay double to three times the cost at AMAZON
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks, just ordered from Amazon for $79 USD

edit:  bleh canceled numark and ordered the sz-1000 

Jun 19, 2014 at 9:29 PM Post #1,155 of 4,826
i got a headache lol because i turn up the volume so loud. the more i listen too them the more i enjoy them. they are really opening up. the soundquality is amazing on these. and the bass is reeeaaaalllyyy kicking in. **** What is this. songs with deep rumbling bass are insane on these phones. your head literally vibrates. try the song animals from martin garrix and you know what i mean. love m so far

HaHa, awesome stuff, you've some serious cans there my friend, and apart from the SZ1000, I can't think of any other headphone that had its own subwoofer in each earcup :cool:

I'll give Animals track you recommend a blast on my pair with some heavy bass EQ :)

If you're into that type of music, you'll no likely know this one below - one of my faves the likes of Hardwell drops in his sets :wink: :cool:

IMG_3798.png
[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/y68tkWJBGy4[/VIDEO]​
esw26o.gif

:D :D :D :cool: :cool: :D :D :D :cool: :cool: :D :D :D :cool: :cool: :D :D :D :cool: :cool: :D :D :D :cool: :cool: :D :D :D :cool: :cool: :D :D :D :cool: :cool: :D :D :D :cool: :cool: :D :D :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back