JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread
Jun 13, 2014 at 1:51 AM Post #1,111 of 4,826
Sorry if I missed it, but has there been a comparison between the SZ1000 and SZ2000? Also, are the earcups shallow? I have tried out a few brassy headphones (large driver DJ style), but sometimes the drivers touched my ears. I'm wondering how different these two models sound.

Jun 13, 2014 at 1:58 AM Post #1,112 of 4,826
Sorry if I missed it, but has there been a comparison between the SZ1000 and SZ2000? Also, are the earcups shallow? I have tried out a few brassy headphones (large driver DJ style), but sometimes the drivers touched my ears. I'm wondering how different these two models sound.

I read your last 2 thread starts

Help Me..._____

Please read the thread.
If you read back just 2 pages you'd see the answer to the first question. Just 2 pages.
Follow the forum rules which include using the search system

Good luck with your search.

With that in mind, we ask that you please:

Search the forum first. Use the Advanced Search and try searching only thread titles to find info that is more specific.  You can also search head-fi using Google by adding site:head-fi.org into your search query.

Jun 13, 2014 at 2:08 AM Post #1,113 of 4,826

It's ultra simple.
Ham fisted 5 thumbed people should be just fine
biggrin.gif

The 77x twist on in seconds. 
I'm gonna have to harvest my pads off my 77 for my 1000 like I did my 55x for my 2000....kinda sucks but....it's for the good of the bass.
tongue.gif

Jun 13, 2014 at 2:13 AM Post #1,114 of 4,826
That's where I read about the Alpha pads!

I've a terrible memory - thanks for pointing out your original post :)

Those Alphas you pictured look mighty meaty for sure and I notice you mention you had to make some fitting adjustments.

I'm pretty ham fisted when it comes to most things like minor mods and would likely destroy both pads quicker than HBB drops the bass - lol :D

HBB's highly recommended the HA5 pads - I hope they're mod free and just a straight swap over :confused_face_2:

I did scour the net on the look out for anywhere that sold replacement MR77x pads, which HBB uses but couldn't find anywhere even JVC UK site.

Does anyone know if ULTRASONE DJ1 earpads fit on the SZ2000's?
http://www.hifiheadphones.co.uk/ultrasone-replacement-leatherette-earpads-in-black-ult41102-prodid-4166.html

At 97mm outer diameter the ULTRASONE pads are slightly undersized, but just by 3mm, so I'm thinking they would still fit with slight stretching.

Only reason I ask is I can't find a UK source for the HA5 pads :frowning2:

No the Ultrasone pads have a totally different fit mechanism than the JVC. I have them on my Ultrasone PRO 550. You need to go for Beyerdynamic pads they come in velour, pleather or even leather ( the ones for the T5).

Jun 13, 2014 at 2:20 AM Post #1,116 of 4,826
@Hawaiibadboy, sorry I had overlooked your post about ordering the SZ1000. It will be interesting to see if you still get the bass you crave, but some more presence/clarity in the mids.

By the graph it looks like the mids will be there. I'll be, and gelocks and cb will be letting everyone know how it is compared with the 2000.

Jun 13, 2014 at 2:20 AM Post #1,117 of 4,826
That's where I read about the Alpha pads!

I've a terrible memory - thanks for pointing out your original post
smily_headphones1.gif

Those Alphas you pictured look mighty meaty for sure and I notice you mention you had to make some fitting adjustments.

I'm pretty ham fisted when it comes to most things like minor mods and would likely destroy both pads quicker than HBB drops the bass - lol
biggrin.gif

Sure thing.

They are a bit tricky to get on, but well worth the trouble. You just have to tuck in the excess leather inside where the stock pads fit. I used a small screwdriver with a piece of tape on the blade to not rip them.  Alpha pads are awesome, Dan (MR. Speakers)  did an incredible job with them, I run them on everything I own that  they fit on.  They improve the sound/comfort of the SZ

Jun 13, 2014 at 11:52 AM Post #1,120 of 4,826
I haven't changed the pads yet because they are more comfortable than the 2000 but i will eventually for bass transfer.

First impressions..

They sound like JVC Flagship models. Where the 2000 lords over you the 1000 sits back unless called upon.
That golden ears graph with the odd bump???.....that bump sounds great. 

These cost me $130.00 dollars....

Unreal.

Un****ing real

Jun 13, 2014 at 1:03 PM Post #1,121 of 4,826
Bass compared to the 2000????????

Jun 14, 2014 at 3:14 AM Post #1,124 of 4,826
Very interesting - no veil then? Must resist, I just received the Denon D600...

Anyway, waiting for more sound comparisons!
The graph on golden ears looks a bit strange - it seems there's a big peak in mid/upper bass, but a lack of subbass, but it seems you don't confirm that?

Jun 14, 2014 at 3:35 AM Post #1,125 of 4,826
  Very interesting - no veil then? Must resist, I just received the Denon D600...

Anyway, waiting for more sound comparisons!
The graph on golden ears looks a bit strange - it seems there's a big peak in mid/upper bass, but a lack of subbass, but it seems you don't confirm that?

I confirm that is not the case.

This track is sub-bass loaded.

​

I could not tell the diff. I'm a basshead. It sounded more balanced on other tracks but cb and gelocks can speak more to the overall qualities. cb in particular since he will possess both to compare like me. But I switch off pads and am not doing detailed comparison. As a basshead I'm quite pleased. 

I owned the Q40 for about the same price and these stomp those and everything else besides their brother. (sz2000).  SQ is damned nice. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back