JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread
Jun 10, 2014 at 1:46 AM Post #1,066 of 4,826

Yea, I just looked at the specs, the E12 seems quite powerful - and it's a fraction of the price of the VV or the M8. I didn't realise it goes for 120$, I thought it would be at least double that. At that price I might just buy to try... It is about 5-6 times more powerful than the VV, at a quarter of the price! of course it's only an AMP so I'll need to either get a portable DAC to go with it, or alternatively just a dock cable for the ipod and use the ipod's DAC.

If this turns out to be very pleasing, I might get rid of the VV altogether...

It is really a steal for it's price. 

Jun 10, 2014 at 1:55 AM Post #1,067 of 4,826
@intlsubband The Fiio E12 is currently selling for $90 in the US: http://slickdeals.net/f/6986812-fiio-e12-mont-blanc-portable-headphone-amplifier-90-free-shipping Although they ship everywhere in the world, I think they charge ridiculously to Australia. My amp experience is limited to the E12 and E5 so can't really help

@pachoo5 It's great to have you with us! You apparently own more expensive cans, please tell us how they compare! Thanks.

All of you SZ owners should hang out at the Extreme Bass Club thread to see how the SZ is holding up to challengers to its bass throne: http://www.head-fi.org/t/716711/the-best-bass-headphones-are-the-extreme-bass-club/420

Jun 10, 2014 at 1:59 AM Post #1,068 of 4,826
  @intlsubband The Fiio E12 is currently selling for $90 in the US: http://slickdeals.net/f/6986812-fiio-e12-mont-blanc-portable-headphone-amplifier-90-free-shipping Although they ship everywhere in the world, I think they charge ridiculously to Australia. My amp experience is limited to the E12 and E5 so can't really help

@pachoo5 It's great to have you with us! You apparently own more expensive cans, please tell us how they compare! Thanks.

All of you SZ owners should hang out at the Extreme Bass Club thread to see how the SZ is holding up to challengers to its bass throne: http://www.head-fi.org/t/716711/the-best-bass-headphones-are-the-extreme-bass-club/420

Thanks PS, I just ordered a new one in Australia from Addicted To Audio for 129 AUD (~= 120 USD) + free shipping. I should get it by tomorrow! always happy to have an excuse to buy a new toy... 
biggrin.gif

Jun 10, 2014 at 2:34 AM Post #1,071 of 4,826
Thanks PS, I just ordered a new one in Australia from Addicted To Audio for 129 AUD (~= 120 USD) + free shipping. I should get it by tomorrow! always happy to have an excuse to buy a new toy... :D

It sounds good out of the E12, but the bass gets a tad more controlled with my Meier Audio Stepdance. As you already know Meier, why not give the Quickstep a shot. It shall be even better than my Stepdance.

Jun 10, 2014 at 3:20 AM Post #1,072 of 4,826
It sounds good out of the E12, but the bass gets a tad more controlled with my Meier Audio Stepdance. As you already know Meier, why not give the Quickstep a shot. It shall be even better than my Stepdance.

Thanks for the tip! unfortunately the Meier products are not available in Australia (I got my Concerto here in the For Sale forum), and to order it from Europe + shipping will be around 500$.

For my immediate needs the E12 might do, but in the longer term, I am thinking of selling the VV and getting a better portable amp for office use. The M8 has topped my list but I might also consider the Quickstep, I never really looked into it until now to be honest.

Jun 11, 2014 at 12:00 AM Post #1,074 of 4,826
Just received HA-SZ 2000 from Japan. I am really surprised how powerful and revealing they sound straight or off box. Like them more then PM-1 or Edition8 at first listening. Of my amps Headroom home works best, great dynamics and bass. Thanks guys for introducing them to me.

Welcome to the rapidly growing family
biggrin.gif

I just ordered the sz1000 to go with the 2000. 

Jun 11, 2014 at 12:55 AM Post #1,076 of 4,826
  Oh my god, why???

Because this guy who owned the sz2000 and then got the sz1000 and runs it of an Astel & Kern AK100Mk2 and a FiiO E17 using FLAC's says it retains the bass but does not overwhelm the mids. It is Hi-Fi according to his Hi-Fi self and I believe him. Take away the bass tube reinforcement and you have a friendlier design for all music but still same bass config to go crazy if you want.

That's why 
biggrin.gif

@AnakChan
@Currawong

Any chance either of you fellow expats can tell me what that Kanji with 2 stars is??

Jun 11, 2014 at 1:18 AM Post #1,077 of 4,826
  Because this guy who owned the sz2000 and then got the sz1000 and runs it of an Astel & Kern AK100Mk2 and a FiiO E17 using FLAC's says it retains the bass but does not overwhelm the mids. It is Hi-Fi according to his Hi-Fi self and I believe him. Take away the bass tube reinforcement and you have a friendlier design for all music but still same bass config to go crazy if you want.

That's why 
biggrin.gif

Sweet. Let me know if you agree!

Jun 11, 2014 at 1:26 AM Post #1,078 of 4,826

That's why 
biggrin.gif

Really looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the 1000 as compared to the 2000!

Jun 11, 2014 at 1:27 AM Post #1,079 of 4,826

That's why 
biggrin.gif

I want to believe him... but I'll believe my ears... 
(ordered them as well... :p)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back