JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread
Mar 16, 2016 at 11:33 PM Post #2,776 of 4,826
You're welcome. And we are all here because we love them anyway 
beerchug.gif

Mar 17, 2016 at 2:18 AM Post #2,777 of 4,826
nice. very nice. definitely going for it. OK so far gona get the sz2000 + m55x pads + cayin c5 + poweramp. should be great!!

I also run the hifimediy android tiny dac. It improves it further, the amp becomes alot more sensitive so LO gain has the power of high gain. Music sounds a bit better aswell than just using my phone. When you get used to using it then you take it away you notice the difference, maybe something your interested in I dont know

Mar 17, 2016 at 2:25 AM Post #2,778 of 4,826
For what its worth im wanting the chird mojo in my setup to rock the sz1000 and my v modas. Ive spent some serious £££ past few weeks but I love good quality music. Some people justify spending £££ on going out every weekend whereas I would rather have awesome music constantly, go out once in a while. Suits me as I work every weekend night shift constantly anyway, may aswell spend the £ on a rewarding hobby. My other hobby is metal detecting and that aint cheap either lol

Mar 17, 2016 at 2:29 AM Post #2,779 of 4,826
For what its worth im wanting the chird mojo in my setup to rock the sz1000 and my v modas. Ive spent some serious £££ past few weeks but I love good quality music. Some people justify spending £££ on going out every weekend whereas I would rather have awesome music constantly, go out once in a while. Suits me as I work every weekend night shift constantly anyway, may aswell spend the £ on a rewarding hobby. My other hobby is metal detecting and that aint cheap either lol

Love my Mojo. Worth it's price and more

Mar 17, 2016 at 2:50 AM Post #2,780 of 4,826
Love my Mojo. Worth it's price and more

Hey, i get in touch with you on youtube under scott mathieson. Its typical I work nights im from the uk. Ive worked nights for months on end. Soon as i find an audio shop to demo **** works decided to give our work gang days so i cant get to the audio shop and test some serious gear. Pissed me off big time lol. Hence so many questions past few days as im impatient with no immediate solution lol

Mar 19, 2016 at 12:34 PM Post #2,781 of 4,826
Any thoughts using Fiio E17K ALPEN 2 as a DAC+Amp to drive SZ2000? I was planning to use the E17k bass EQ options to boost the bass without having to go for software EQ boost. 

Trying to get an DAC+AMP that allows me to boost Bass to get the best out of these rather than having to get a Cayin C5 or other amps recommended here. I have Fiio E07k and does a great job as a DAC+AMP on my JVC DX1000, I use +10 Bass on the EQ and it does scale the DX1000 to a high fun factor, looking to go this route with E17k Alpen 2 for SZ2000.

Mar 19, 2016 at 10:17 PM Post #2,782 of 4,826
  Any thoughts using Fiio E17K ALPEN 2 as a DAC+Amp to drive SZ2000? I was planning to use the E17k bass EQ options to boost the bass without having to go for software EQ boost. 

Trying to get an DAC+AMP that allows me to boost Bass to get the best out of these rather than having to get a Cayin C5 or other amps recommended here. I have Fiio E07k and does a great job as a DAC+AMP on my JVC DX1000, I use +10 Bass on the EQ and it does scale the DX1000 to a high fun factor, looking to go this route with E17k Alpen 2 for SZ2000.

No experience with that amp so maybe somebody else can help. Good luck !

Mar 22, 2016 at 12:36 AM Post #2,783 of 4,826
No experience with that amp so maybe somebody else can help. Good luck !

Tested ki

Trying to get an DAC+AMP that allows me to boost Bass to get the best out of these rather than having to get a [COLOR=660099]Cayin C5[/COLOR] or other amps recommended here. I have Fiio E07k and does a great job as a DAC+AMP on my JVC DX1000, I use +10 Bass on the EQ and it does scale the DX1000 to a high fun factor, looking to go this route with E17k Alpen 2 for SZ2000.

Tested it when I was looking for my dac /amp and found it not enough powerful to make the SZ2000 sound to its full potential. Cayin c5 is in fact wonderful with it. I ended buying a ibasso d14 as I wanted something a bit smaller and it sounds marvelous but doesn't have hardware bass boost. By the way you will need eq to make the SZ2000 sound well so why are you afraid of soft eq? On Android viper4android well configured could give me better results than using c5 bass boost with no soft eq. Ability to add more subbass with soft eq... You can increase the frequencies you prefer

Mar 24, 2016 at 2:39 PM Post #2,784 of 4,826
Finally my sz1000 got delivered hour ago. After EQ adjustments and finding my sweet spot ive got bass bang with clarity. The EQ wirks just aswell for my rock list aswell so saved the custom EQ. Still got the stock pads on, will put my brainwavz hybrids on now

Mar 24, 2016 at 6:45 PM Post #2,786 of 4,826
  You get the UK = European or Export version cheaper as well, price changes all the time, just look around. Or get a used one...

But the import version is  - apart of warranty problems - better. The UK version is called Z-Series on the can and has 24 Ohms impedance. The drivers are the same, but they added two resistors and one capacitor inside, kind of crossover. The sound difference is near zero though. Additionally the Japan version (with Live Beat printed on the can) comes with a thick leather-style bag, while the -E version comes with a super-cheap, thin and ugly soft fabrique bag.

Your choice...

On Amazon it's listed as a japan import version but pictures show Z Series on the headphones. Quite confused.

Mar 24, 2016 at 7:05 PM Post #2,787 of 4,826
On Amazon it's listed as a japan import version but pictures show Z Series on the headphones. Quite confused.
I ordered mine off ebay a month ago today and it came yesterday but my missus werent home to collect it. Cost me £100 didnt get custom charged either. These phones will benefit a decent carry bag, the leather style one I received is nice bud and will offer bit more protection than a super soft flimsy one

Mar 25, 2016 at 6:36 PM Post #2,790 of 4,826

My current three headphones......
Overall ratings...
Sony MDR 100AAP - 9 / 10
JVC HA SZ1000 - 9 / 10
Audio Technica ATH WS77 - 6 / 10

Hey Ritu, how do you like the Sony? Are you running it amped or unamped... decent bass? Obviously won't be as strong as bass as the SZ1000, but the Sony is 7.76 oz vs JVC 16.05 oz., so probably much more travel and comfort friendly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back