JVC HA-RX900 after 100+ hours of burn-in, a mini review. (pics added!)
Nov 12, 2008 at 1:01 PM Post #33 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Moontan13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@TopPop:

Nice headphone stands. Your own creations?

Thanks! ...but I can't really take credit for these.
redface.gif

They're just banana hooks from Walmart, with the hook sawed off. They're less than $5 a pop, and I really like the pattern of the sandwiched wood, as well as the curve of the neck. Perfect for resting headphones on!

Here's a picture of a similar device in use:

946053305_f29af8ce2a.jpg

Nov 12, 2008 at 7:35 PM Post #35 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by dclancy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mmm... naners

Yeah, except for the fact that I was only concentrating on finding a quick pic of a similar banana hook when I posted the picture... and failed to recognize that the fruit itself looks like #@%$.

redface.gif

Nov 13, 2008 at 5:00 AM Post #36 of 60
Looks like Amazon is sending the Dynamat in a separate package, which shipped out today, so I will be doing the permanent mods as soon as the sheets come, and will post pictures and impressions here!

I did some more listening tonight with the temporary mods... and I'd be hard pressed to say that I've ever heard Holly Cole's voice sound this realistic before. These are simply phenomenal cans for the money when modified to compensate for their drawbacks. Really amazing.

Nov 13, 2008 at 6:26 AM Post #38 of 60
1) Could you post pics while you do that final mod for people who are new at modding (i.e. me)?
2) Would a newb to modding be able to do these mods?

Nov 13, 2008 at 1:34 PM Post #39 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1) Could you post pics while you do that final mod for people who are new at modding (i.e. me)?
2) Would a newb to modding be able to do these mods?

1) Yes.
2) Yes!

smile.gif

Nov 13, 2008 at 11:54 PM Post #42 of 60
Nov 14, 2008 at 4:30 PM Post #43 of 60
Wow, quicker shipping than I had expected: the Dynamat just came in this morning!

I will do the mods on the HA-RX900 tomorrow (or possibly later today if I have enough time), and will post a detailed guide with plenty of pictures.

I'm so stoked right now...
biggrin.gif

Nov 15, 2008 at 4:59 AM Post #44 of 60
Picture tutorial on modifications now posted. Read up, friends!

Dec 3, 2008 at 8:30 PM Post #45 of 60
I'm thinking of replacing the cord on my RX900s (with thicker wire).
Drilling a hole in the bottom of the right speaker, so as to have the wires coming out of the bottom of each speaker (the Denon look).
Anyone have an input or helpful ideas for this project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back