JVC HA-RX700 Quick First Impressions
Oct 5, 2011 at 1:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

jschristian44

Member of the Trade: Justin's Headphone Modding
CAUTION: Incomplete trades
So I got these from a fellow Head-Fi member and I have to say they are very nice beginner audiophile headphones.  They are very similar to the Sennheiser HD-555 in their bass and soundstage.  With the recable of 28 gauge silver teflon wire that I did, I think it brings out the highs a little more clearer but still not as nice as the ad-700.  The ad-700 are still a better can in my opinion, but they are also like 4x the price for a new one.  I also took some dynamat and padded the earcups with them and that brought out a little more bass I think.  The bass on these are also much better than the ad-700 stock.  Still not fantastic, but just enough I think for soundstage phones like these.  So while they aren't ad-700's, they are very similar to the hd-555's and I would have to say might be even better.  For the price of these cans, you just can't go wrong.  I am selling my modded pair in the for sale threads, so click my name and check them out.  I called it the "Halloween Edition" because the cable I used is orange.  I tried to make it like the vampire wire, but it wasn't that color.  It still looks pretty cool and works great.  Anyone looking for a hd-555 or ad-700 signature should try these out.

Oct 5, 2011 at 1:41 PM Post #2 of 9
Agree..they are a nice set of cans, i liked them more over the AD700's, their bass response is pretty good. They have a lot of modding potential. Good luck! 

Oct 5, 2011 at 6:05 PM Post #3 of 9
they remind me of the ad700's signature and the d2000's cups.  a very nice headphone for a very nice price indeed.  the thing is, i dont know what else to mod besides dynamatting the cups and cable.  people say they have mod potential, but is there anything else?

Oct 8, 2011 at 7:14 PM Post #4 of 9
I listened to my pair of these the other day, and I realized just how great they are in comparison to my more expensive headphones like the M50s and TMA-1s. The value is just incredible, and I'd say they were my first step in to Head-Fi and one of my all-time best purchases. They're also built like a tank!

Oct 9, 2011 at 4:41 AM Post #5 of 9

Quote:
I listened to my pair of these the other day, and I realized just how great they are in comparison to my more expensive headphones like the M50s and TMA-1s. The value is just incredible, and I'd say they were my first step in to Head-Fi and one of my all-time best purchases. They're also built like a tank!

Totally agree, the only thing I would change are the pads, hopefully the RX900 exists.

Oct 12, 2011 at 2:51 AM Post #6 of 9
Yep, just modded mine with a set of RX900 leather pads.  Did a (detachable) re-cable with canare star quad mini & a techflex sleave.  I'm pretty happy with how they turned out.  Nice set of cans for the price and *very* comfy.  I highly recommend the leather pads, though for the price of a set from JVC, you might as well just start with the RX900 - they can be had for around $50 or so.

Jul 8, 2013 at 4:55 PM Post #8 of 9
Well after ready a lot on this forum, I decide to get 1 pair of these harx700, will all the reading about the mods  then I think that would be a good deal

Jul 19, 2013 at 4:07 AM Post #9 of 9
I've just received them yesterday and only 24hrs burning, just did the foam mods in the pads and WOW, really inpressed and I paid only $48.00 on Amazon Canada.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back