JVC HA-FXZ 100/200
Aug 28, 2013 at 3:49 AM Post #3,076 of 3,271
Quote:
Same here sf, I listen to them a fair bit. Powerful and huge sound.

yeppp these are great sounding once they open up with burn-in if they didn't sound proper upon open box. Really nice for on the go listening due to the big and powerful sound that's for sure cuz it blocks out a good amount of background noise. I actually don't mind that they stick out a lot cuz that's what makes them special, haha. How else is someone gonna notice you wearing some "audiophile" iems if they look so discreet. Dat Frankenbolt SWAG meng!!!
cool.gif

Aug 28, 2013 at 4:45 AM Post #3,077 of 3,271
Quote:
I still love the sound of these FXZ200s but it can be too bit powerful which causes fatigue for prolong listening sessions. I might be listening to them too loud though since they do need a good amount of juice in order to sound proper.  Happy and safe listening meng!!!
beerchug.gif

Unfortunately, I don't own them. My friend does, but one of the sides shorted out. We haven't had any luck with finding someone to recable them either... :/

Aug 30, 2013 at 3:48 AM Post #3,078 of 3,271
Quote:
yeppp these are great sounding once they open up with burn-in if they didn't sound proper upon open box. Really nice for on the go listening due to the big and powerful sound that's for sure cuz it blocks out a good amount of background noise. I actually don't mind that they stick out a lot cuz that's what makes them special, haha. How else is someone gonna notice you wearing some "audiophile" iems if they look so discreet. Dat Frankenbolt SWAG meng!!!
cool.gif

lol frankenbolt swag. I didn't like it at first either but when they're in my ears I couldn't see them anymore so I just started caring less about the looks hehe. The sound makes up for it.

Sep 11, 2013 at 8:30 AM Post #3,079 of 3,271
My experience with the FXZ100 : my ears don't tolerate them because of a peak at 4khz, same problem for me with the XBA-4. It makes them sound harsh and unnatural in the upper mids. And sometimes unbearable with female voices ("nasal", as Eke stated). However, with my Cowon iAudio 10, I tried FXZ100 with an equalization of -7db at 4khz, and the FXZ100 have become very good balanced iems to my ears. But equalization, for me, is not an option with these.

Sep 14, 2013 at 8:32 AM Post #3,082 of 3,271
I am also, apparently, a member of the BEB (Big Ear Brigade) 
atsmile.gif
and I find them comfortable as well.  I took a picture of myself using my cell phone and a mirror to show how much they stuck out, and they are barely visible-- I think I even posted the pix in this thread (I covered my devilishly handsome face with my hand holding the phone for purposes of modesty, of course).

I like my 100s and 200s, although I may sell one or the other, as I have recently gotten the new Cardas, which I like much better.  I also have ASG1.2, which I may see if i can trade in toward the new 2's....

Anyway, keep your cards and letters coming!  These iems are worth it.

Sep 15, 2013 at 8:28 PM Post #3,085 of 3,271
  How's the comfort on the 200s? Thinking of getting these to replace my half-broken Turbines.

The shape of everyone's ears are different but for me personally they were comfortable than the TF10 like djvkool said. Probably because I have a large ear canal as well. They became a lot more comfortable when I plugged them in over the ears and switched out the tips with the ones that I got with my T-Peos H-200. Better isolation as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back