JVC HA-FXZ 100/200
Jul 25, 2013 at 1:12 PM Post #3,046 of 3,271
Quote:
It's not as bassy as the FXZ though, is it.

If it's bassy enough for my basshead needs i would say there are. They are more audiophile type of bassy, meaning there is great texture, lushness and extension to the bass. The mids and highs are better than my FXZ200s and has a much more transparent sound signature despite having great quality/ quantity deep bass.

If you want to read my write-up comparing the gr07 BEs to the FXZ200s and many more iems here you go:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/586909/the-discovery-thread-new-jvc-phones-pg787-philips-fidelio-s2-pg-724-basso-pg601/9285#post_9404471

Happy reading. :)

Jul 25, 2013 at 2:34 PM Post #3,047 of 3,271
Quote:
+

= YES there is, it's call the Vsonic GR07 BE, BE for Bass Edition. They are equal if not best my FXZ200s.

It's currently on sale for $128 shipped from lendmeurears (both the bass and regular edition) which is one hell of an amazing deal.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/630585/vsonic-gr07-bass-edition-impressions

http://www.head-fi.org/t/552132/vsonic-gr07-impressions-appreciation-thread

The hype is real on this one.

doesn't FXZ200's bass go deeper than GR07 BE?

Jul 25, 2013 at 2:46 PM Post #3,048 of 3,271
Quote:
doesn't FXZ200's bass go deeper than GR07 BE?

Yes but it is not like a night and day difference. The FXZ200s surrounds you with their big bass warmth, the gr07 BEs goes almost as deep but is less warm in it's overall sound signature. Just think of the gr07 BEs as a leaner and meaner version of the FXZ200s with even more forwardness lushness/sparkle in the mids/ highs. The gr07 BEs has better bass texture while the FXZ200s hmmm rounder/ bolder bass.

If you want the gr07 BEs on steroids you should check out the ATH CKS1000. To me they are a more aggressive/ musical sounding gr07 BEs. The CKS1Ks were on sale on amazon jpn for ~$130 but has now jumped to like $190 something.  :  (

http://www.head-fi.org/t/586909/the-discovery-thread-new-jvc-phones-pg787-philips-fidelio-s2-pg-724-basso-pg601/11970#post_9617130

Jul 25, 2013 at 2:50 PM Post #3,049 of 3,271
Quote:
Yes but it is not like a night and day difference. The FXZ200s surrounds you with their big bass warmth, the gr07 BEs goes almost as deep but is less warm in it's overall sound signature. Just think of the gr07 BEs as a leaner and meaner version of the FXZ200s with even more forwardness lushness/sparkle in the mids/ highs. The gr07 BEs has better bass texture while the FXZ200s hmmm rounder/ bolder bass.

If you want the gr07 BEs on steroids you should check out the ATH CKS1000. To me they are a more aggressive/ musical sounding gr07 BEs. The CKS1Ks were on sale on amazon jpn for ~$130 but has now jumped to like $190 something.  :  (

http://www.head-fi.org/t/586909/the-discovery-thread-new-jvc-phones-pg787-philips-fidelio-s2-pg-724-basso-pg601/11970#post_9617130

oh I see. Then it's probably not worth getting then since I already have the FXZ200
yeah, I had to EQ the treble of FXZ200 a bit to make it more satisfying.

Jul 25, 2013 at 2:54 PM Post #3,050 of 3,271
At first I wasn't impressed by the fxz200 but after hooking them up to my tralucent t1 amp, they sound a lot better. I previously had them paired with a bh2, and arrow 4g....they simply didn't have the power for these. They are definitely power hungry.

Jul 25, 2013 at 3:03 PM Post #3,051 of 3,271
Quote:
oh I see. Then it's probably not worth getting then since I already have the FXZ200
yeah, I had to EQ the treble of FXZ200 a bit to make it more satisfying.

tbh, i think they compliment each other extremely well. The gr07 BEs and the FXZ200 have very different sound signatures akin to filet mignon v. kobe beef. LoL

If you have the gr07 BEs there might not be a need for the ATH CKS100s and vice versa cuz their sound signatures/ technical abilities are pretty similar.

Quote:
At first I wasn't impressed by the fxz200 but after hooking them up to my tralucent t1 amp, they sound a lot better. I previously had them paired with a bh2, and arrow 4g....they simply didn't have the power for these. They are definitely power hungry.

WELCOME to the Totalphile club boi!!!
tongue.gif

These damn FXZ200 is crazy power hungry and drain juice from my ipods like no other iem does. They are beefy all around. haha

Jul 25, 2013 at 3:23 PM Post #3,052 of 3,271
Quote:
tbh, i think they compliment each other extremely well. The gr07 BEs and the FXZ200 have very different sound signatures akin to filet mignon v. kobe beef. LoL

If you have the gr07 BEs there might not be a need for the ATH CKS100s and vice versa cuz their sound signatures/ technical abilities are pretty similar.

I kind of want more warmth though. The only IEM Im currently considering is the ASG-2. Demo is on the way. Let's see how that sound

Jul 25, 2013 at 3:26 PM Post #3,053 of 3,271
Quote:
I kind of want more warmth though. The only IEM Im currently considering is the ASG-2. Demo is on the way. Let's see how that sound

Coolios, let me know how those compare. Very much interested as well.

Ekey boi seems to be going nuts over them so i am sure they are amazing esp. for that HUGE price.
wink.gif

Jul 25, 2013 at 11:34 PM Post #3,054 of 3,271
Quote:

Having in possession all three of the mention CKS1000, FXZ200, and the ASG2...the ASG2 will hit you in the sweet spot. CKS1000 still runs slightly sibilant after burn-in. I've owned them for 6 months or so, and the sibilance has gotten better, but hints still remain. The FXZ200 is a nice iem. The bass is unique compared to a lot of the other iems I own. And I agree, it is power hungry. The more power, the better...even though I have no problem with how they sound straight off of an iPhone5. The ASG2 is becoming my favorite iem the more and more I listen to it. The ASG2 makes me want to sell all my other headphones/iems. It is just a fabulous iem. They are definitely worth the price. It does lean a bit toward the warm side when you turn the bass knob up. Auvios work wonders. When the bass ports are closed to 1/4 open, the neutrality of sound really shines. Someone on the ASG2 thread said it was a neutral sounding lovers dream. ASG2 is in a totally different class of iems. It draws comparisons to some of the TOTL iems in the post $1000 price range...IE800, AKG3003, TG334, and the Tralucent 1+2. It does extremely well against these, keep in mind the cost is half of what the other iems ask.

Jul 27, 2013 at 5:28 AM Post #3,055 of 3,271
Jul 27, 2013 at 5:36 AM Post #3,056 of 3,271
Quote:
Will they ship worldwide?

i dunno, never ordered from them before.

Looks like the sales over and is back to their regular prices, that was a quick sale. :  (

They are based in Singapore me think, but they have a distribution center here in the United States so shipping is fast and free from what i have read.

http://www.lendmeurears.com/index.php?cPath=15&osCsid=339ce4c272a4d8a900f3d1ee1bdc9481

Just too bad the sales already over.

Jul 30, 2013 at 8:36 PM Post #3,058 of 3,271
so uh, got the ASG-2 demos. Not sure what else to add, everything seems to be covered already in eke2k6's review. I remember some people were interested in comparing FXZ200 and ASG-2 as well. So here are the impressions.

The bass quantity of ASG-2 is plenty even when opening the bass port to the first notch. If the bass port is closed, I think the bass quantity is more than neutral. I don't think there's much of a point setting the bass port at the third or fourth (fully open) notch. The mids and treble just get moved to the back. It's full of bass rumble. Buying this just for booming bass? There are definitely cheaper options.

Moving on to quality, bass quality is very good. For those who read my earlier posts, I was interested to compare this to my FXZ200. I'm not sure which one has "better" bass. But ASG bass is definitely more forward. But if I EQ them both to a similar sound signature, then, the impact is the same. Maybe ASG-2 has the upper hand. It was just hard to EQ them to a similar sound signature. The deepness is probably around the same. Maybe FXZ200 has the upper hand. It was a bit troublesome to compare since FXZ200 is harder to driver, then I have to turn the volume up 2 notches. I was switching back and forth between 2 IEMs.

The treble was a bit weird. Sometimes, it feels sharp or very high. But it's not really thin treble. I EQ'ed the 4KHz ~3dB to get a more brassy feeling and more treble in a way. But most here probably would find it sibilant. I like treble boost so what I like probably is not what most here would like. So I understand why Aurisonics did this.
As for mids, FXZ200 is more forward. Don't know what to say, praise or comment.

Somehow, I like the timbre more on the FXZ200 more, for the bass and treble. But I might be biased since I have been using FX700 for a year and FXZ200 for a couple month. It's just that the bass of ASG-2 reminds me of PFE 232 on black filter, which boosts bass and treble. I don't like when drums sound like that. It's like rock solid boooooom. Not like actually sound like the bass drum is being hit by a bass drum stick. I guess it's just preference.

and of course, the isolation is better than FXZ200. The soundstage is also bigger.

So would I buy this? uh, I'm not sure actually. I mean it is $550. So probably not.
Also, I did all my listening on iPod Touch 5th Generation. My listening volume for ASG-2 is around 30-40% volume and FXZ200 is around 50% volume. I use EQ 10, a 10-band EQ app in app store.

Also want to add that I can't really tell the difference of sound quality between FX700, AKG K3003 and Ultrasone IQ when they are EQ'ed to a similar sound signature. But others have informed me that FX700 pretty much does 90% of what K3003 does. So I guess I don't have hearing problems. In my opinion, if you don't use EQ, it's all about the preference of the presentation of the IEM. Sound quality gets to a certain point where we can't appreciate it anymore.

That's all, I guess

Users who are viewing this thread

Back