JVC HA-FXZ 100/200
Jul 31, 2013 at 1:11 PM Post #3,061 of 3,271
Quote:
don't know. But I think iPod Touch is a decent DAC. My laptop has weak bass. Don't know why is it tuned like that.
uh, there's not distortion. I'm not sure what driver rattle is.

[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTGy9suXm_M&feature=youtu.be
Warning: this will sound harsh, because I held one side to the microphone part of the camera]

Driver rattle is when the bass is so strong, it causes the speakers to rattle inside of the housing; we had a small discussion about this a page or two back. Basically, I discovered that paying the JVCs on my macbook, makes them rattle, because it's getting more power, so everything is louder. Whether it's a "thump" or a rumble, they'll rattle. It's not an issue with the songs themselves, because this doesn't happen on my phone, and those songs are paid-for 256kbps files. I'm a little wary that other iems might suffer from this, which is I why I asked about it. 

Jul 31, 2013 at 4:20 PM Post #3,062 of 3,271
Quote:
[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTGy9suXm_M&feature=youtu.be
Warning: this will sound harsh, because I held one side to the microphone part of the camera]

Driver rattle is when the bass is so strong, it causes the speakers to rattle inside of the housing; we had a small discussion about this a page or two back. Basically, I discovered that paying the JVCs on my macbook, makes them rattle, because it's getting more power, so everything is louder. Whether it's a "thump" or a rumble, they'll rattle. It's not an issue with the songs themselves, because this doesn't happen on my phone, and those songs are paid-for 256kbps files. I'm a little wary that other iems might suffer from this, which is I why I asked about it. 

I don't know. I don't listen to it that loud. I listen at 50-60% volume.
If you are only getting that on high volume, you are probably pushing the drivers to its limit. If that's on normal volume, then you have a default pair.
What song is this? Just give me a link or something I'll listen to it

I'll test ASG-2 and FXZ200

Jul 31, 2013 at 4:26 PM Post #3,063 of 3,271
Quote:
I don't know. I don't listen to it that loud. I listen at 50-60% volume.
If you are only getting that on high volume, you are probably pushing the drivers to its limit. If that's on normal volume, then you have a default pair.
What song is this? Just give me a link or something I'll listen to it

I'll test ASG-2 and FXZ200

Yeah, that could be it. It's louder on the macbook than on my iPhone. 

The XX - Reunion     
The xx - Angels     

I'm hearing that the ASG-2 is actually pretty competitive with stuff way outside it's price tag. So I want to know how it sounds compared to the JVCs from someone who actually has both. To me, the JVCs for the most part give the listener the impression that they are listening to a studio recording; like you become the microphone the singer is talking to. It was pretty amazing the first time around. 

Is the  ASG a big improvement?

Jul 31, 2013 at 4:39 PM Post #3,064 of 3,271
Quote:

The XX - Reunion     
The xx - Angels     

I'm hearing that the ASG-2 is actually pretty competitive with stuff way outside it's price tag. So I want to know how it sounds compared to the JVCs from someone who actually has both. To me, the JVCs for the most part give the listener the impression that they are listening to a studio recording; like you become the microphone the singer is talking to. It was pretty amazing the first time around. 

I would say so.

Jul 31, 2013 at 5:13 PM Post #3,065 of 3,271
Quote:

The XX - Reunion     
The xx - Angels     

define big improvement. Isolation? Sure, that's a big improvement. 

Aug 7, 2013 at 6:04 AM Post #3,068 of 3,271
Like to check, did anyone here reshell their FXZ200? I was at a shop just now and they told me that Unique Melody will be able to reshell the FXZ200 for me. I'm apprehensive about doing it cos it's a dynamic driver earphones and i'm not sure how the sound signature will change...

Aug 7, 2013 at 2:16 PM Post #3,070 of 3,271
Quote:
I have been thinking of reshelling them but then again the sound might be radically different and incoherent since the Kelton implementation is very different.

Yea you're absolutely right. With dynamic drivers, placement is extremely important and it can affect the sound signature tremendously. 

It'll cost me about $250 to reshell and with that money, I can get a FIIO X3 or a JVC SZ2000, which to me provides way more value for my money than a reshell that might ruin my FXZ200.

However, I hate the way the FXZ200 sticks out of my ears.....

Aug 7, 2013 at 4:56 PM Post #3,071 of 3,271
I recently got the JVC HA-FXZ200 and on first listen I didn't really care for the sound that much.  Then I also received the FiiO E12 Mount Blanc and now the JVCs came to life.  They have really impressive tight bass with just the right amount of high end for me.  This combo really jells together for me Ipod Classic -> Jumbo Copper -> FiiO E12 -> JVC HA-FXZ200.  It's quite impressive playing the new Five Finger Death Punch album "The Wrong Side of Heaven..."  

Aug 28, 2013 at 3:38 AM Post #3,074 of 3,271
Quote:
It's too bad, these earphones are amazing.

I still love the sound of these FXZ200s but it can be too bit powerful which causes fatigue for prolong listening sessions. I might be listening to them too loud though since they do need a good amount of juice in order to sound proper.  Happy and safe listening meng!!!
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back