JVC HA-FXZ 100/200
Jan 13, 2013 at 11:27 PM Post #2,086 of 3,271
Quote:

The odd thing is that it seems to me like the WM8740 is supposed to be the better DAC by specs and design? I'm by no means an expert on the subject and I realize it all comes down to how it sounds in the end, but it does raise the question as to how to determine a "proper DAC" when the one "designed for smartphones and other portable devices rich in multimedia features" outperforms the "very high performance" one "designed for audio applications such as CD, DVD, home theatre systems, set top boxes and digital TV".

http://www.wolfsonmicro.com/products/dacs/WM8740/
http://www.wolfsonmicro.com/products/audio_hubs/WM8994/

Though perhaps because WM8994 is newer, Wolfson has continuously improved the audio quality to the point where their portable application DACs compete with or outperform their older DACs.

The problem comes from the notion that parts equals goodness. Bits may have some character but there is so much to consider in these DAPs that trying to determine whats good from a parts list is a useless endeavor. Folks like absolutes so that they can connect the dots but it doesn't work that way. 8740 has better stereo #S so....

Jan 13, 2013 at 11:39 PM Post #2,087 of 3,271
I would like to try the fischer audio's out too. Any more micro-detail than this and I end up selling my D7000's and getting a C&C XO2
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 14, 2013 at 7:06 AM Post #2,091 of 3,271
They're not good for jazz. Treble is dry. Cymbals don't sound natural
frown.gif

For sale for 190€ incl. shipping from EU. 3 days old, got them by Friday. Basically I've just passed the weekend with them. I have the original box and receipt as they came from amazon.jp

Jan 14, 2013 at 7:54 AM Post #2,092 of 3,271
Quote:
frown.gif

For sale for 190€ incl. shipping from EU. 3 days old, got them by Friday. Basically I've just passed the weekend with them. I have the original box and receipt as they came from amazon.jp

Maybe you haven't burned them in long enough?

Just saying. 
smile.gif

Jan 14, 2013 at 9:44 AM Post #2,095 of 3,271
Quote:
frown.gif

Wow -- you are selling it after all after saying that it is the best IEM you ever heard? 
etysmile.gif

Jan 14, 2013 at 9:58 AM Post #2,096 of 3,271
Quote:
frown.gif

dimitri42, I missed the model, is it the fxz200 you're selling? 

Jan 14, 2013 at 12:03 PM Post #2,100 of 3,271
Am i the only one here having problems with the vocals on the fxz200? Somehow i hate how the vocals sound on this earphones, everything else is perfect. For example when im listening to Adele songs, her vocals would be too deep into my head that it feels like it sounded mono to me? It feels like someone is singing into my head instead of on my ears. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back