JVC HA-FXZ 100/200
Jan 4, 2013 at 6:24 PM Post #1,591 of 3,271
I will start calling ericp. lovethemFXZ100somuchIhadtobuytheFXZ200head. Glad your getting a pair. Look forward to your take on them. ATH? Ya poor AT But I have to admit my recent CKS1000 and my AD900X both have been great purchases for me. Speaking of AT it looks like they will have a bunch of new stuff for us to listen to this year..

tgx your exactly right. This also happens on the FXZ200. Bass tones down quite a bit with burn in. One word of warning ericp. I would actually burn them in overnight before listening to them. Open box sound is not gonna impress. Actually, do hear them on open box. Your gonna wonder what we all are talking about. Lol. It is astonishing just how much they change. Much more than the FXZ100.

Jan 4, 2013 at 6:48 PM Post #1,592 of 3,271
Mine are getting delivered tomorrow morning! After £44 worth of customs charges 
mad.gif

I have also bought an Fiio E6 to help with burn in and to give my iPhone a but more oomph

Jan 4, 2013 at 7:18 PM Post #1,594 of 3,271
Quote:
mad.gif

Ouch - that's $71 Canadian! Sorry to hear that. I wonder if us Canucks get bent over as well...

Jan 4, 2013 at 7:28 PM Post #1,595 of 3,271
Quote:
It is astonishing just how much they change. Much more than the FXZ100.

Is it really "astonishing"? WOW!!!!!!!!!! I want them NOW!!! :p

hehehe, DSnuts, now serious, you would give an astonishingly good sales man.
atsmile.gif
After all you sold me the 200 (which I thank you)
bigsmile_face.gif

Jan 4, 2013 at 7:46 PM Post #1,596 of 3,271
Quote:
too much coffee this morning ericp10? 
etysmile.gif

I have about 80-100 hours on my FXZ-100 now.

There must be some sort of mental burn-in as well as physical burn-in within drivers,
but the bass is gradually toning down and settling into rest of the frequencies now. 

Sounds very cohesive and all music becoming more and more immersive. 

Very tempted to press a buy button for FXZ-200 as well.. maybe I will wait for ericp10's opinion before going all out crazy.

I should start buying JVC/kenwood stocks as well.

LOL ... I think you may be right my friend!! 
beerchug.gif

Jan 4, 2013 at 8:17 PM Post #1,597 of 3,271
Quote:
Quote:
mad.gif

Ouch - that's $71 Canadian! Sorry to hear that. I wonder if us Canucks get bent over as well...

Most likely. I doe a LOT of international shipping to my house and I'm usually always hit with customs on anything over $200. However, from what others have mentioned here, you can probably have Tenso mark it down as either a gift, or a low enough value that you're not hit with customs.

Jan 4, 2013 at 8:20 PM Post #1,598 of 3,271
Quote:

Most likely. I doe a LOT of international shipping to my house and I'm usually always hit with customs on anything over $200. However, from what others have mentioned here, you can probably have Tenso mark it down as either a gift, or a low enough value that you're not hit with customs.

Exactly. I should have done that.

Jan 4, 2013 at 10:12 PM Post #1,600 of 3,271
Quote:
You have good taste in mobile phones 
tongue.gif
 Good colour choice too, I have the same.

Curse you guys with the S3's! I have an S2, which (a) doesn't have the wolfsen chip and (b) is on version 2.3, so I can't seem to get usb audio out going. Curse you I say!
triportsad.gif

Jan 4, 2013 at 10:47 PM Post #1,601 of 3,271
Quote:
Quote:
You have good taste in mobile phones 
tongue.gif
 Good colour choice too, I have the same.

Curse you guys with the S3's! I have an S2, which (a) doesn't have the wolfsen chip and (b) is on version 2.3, so I can't seem to get usb audio out going. Curse you I say!
triportsad.gif

OT, but I'm curious. 

All you GS3 owners, or anyone who uses their smartphone as your DAP, how does your battery fair while using your phone as a media player, AND still using it as a phone/smart device? is the battery really THAT good? I mean, I'm constantly on facebook, or head-fi, or texting with my phone (HTC Raider) and I know if I was using it as an mp3 player (not that it sounds very good to me anyways), the battery wouldn't last me the day.

I personally have never understood the appeal of having your phone act as your mp3 player. Most people I know with iPhones will argue with me "why do you want to carry an iPod AND a phone?" and I just retort with "Well do you carry your charger with you? (answer is usually yes) Then why would you want to carry a loose wire with you?". Now no one I know will understand carrying a portable amp, not that it's any of their business lol.

Jan 4, 2013 at 11:05 PM Post #1,602 of 3,271
I have the US GS3 but I dont really prefer the sound from it.  I like my Clip Zip better.  I Dont think the US version has the good chip in it but if it does, I must be doing something wrong.  I use Poweramp as my player if I do use the GS3. 

Jan 4, 2013 at 11:33 PM Post #1,603 of 3,271
Quote:
I have the US GS3 but I dont really prefer the sound from it.  I like my Clip Zip better.  I Dont think the US version has the good chip in it but if it does, I must be doing something wrong.  I use Poweramp as my player if I do use the GS3. 

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that the North American SGS3's are not using the Wolfsan chip:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s-iii/183521-us-variant-sg3-lacks-wolfson-audio-chip.html
"Update: Francois Simond (aka Supercurio) tweeted us to say that the US variant of the GS III uses Qualcomm's own WCD9310 for audio, not the Wolfson. Yup, it's that multi-talented Snapdragon S4 again."

I also like the Clip Zip sound a bit better than on my SGS2. Now if I could only figure out how to stream soundcloud and trance.fm onto the clip zip...

Jan 4, 2013 at 11:38 PM Post #1,605 of 3,271
Quote:

OT, but I'm curious. 

All you GS3 owners, or anyone who uses their smartphone as your DAP, how does your battery fair while using your phone as a media player, AND still using it as a phone/smart device? is the battery really THAT good? I mean, I'm constantly on facebook, or head-fi, or texting with my phone (HTC Raider) and I know if I was using it as an mp3 player (not that it sounds very good to me anyways), the battery wouldn't last me the day.

I actually purchased 3 spare batteries (and a battery charger that also poses as a usb charger) off of ebay for my SGS2 for $10. So, I don't really care how long the battery lasts lol. Comes in handy when I'm on the elliptical at the gym watching netflix on my phone lol.

Quote:
I personally have never understood the appeal of having your phone act as your mp3 player. Most people I know with iPhones will argue with me "why do you want to carry an iPod AND a phone?" and I just retort with "Well do you carry your charger with you? (answer is usually yes) Then why would you want to carry a loose wire with you?". Now no one I know will understand carrying a portable amp, not that it's any of their business lol.

But I also have the clip zip, and I use it a lot. But I've really gotten into soundcloud and trance.fm lately, and as I said in my above post, the clip zip ain't going to cut it for streaming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back