JVC HA-FXZ 100/200
Dec 18, 2012 at 11:17 PM Post #766 of 3,271
Quote:
I think I will be sending my pairs to flysweep if he hasn't purchased them by that point.  It will be hard for me to part with these for any length of time.  

I just did a short a/b session with the D80 and Z100 and the D80 seems bassier.  

I have to try that. I just can't see how that is possible DannyBai, but I'm not discounting what you heard. 

Dec 18, 2012 at 11:18 PM Post #767 of 3,271
Then again, except for that mega sub-bass, the FXZ100 is fairly balanced. 

Dec 18, 2012 at 11:20 PM Post #768 of 3,271
Quote:

Ya, you just use forceful words in your impressions so no one can resist......lol!

Yeah cute, but DannyBai and Dsnuts beats you over the head with a sledgehammer until you submit. I just keep slowly and gently pushing you toward the cliff. lol

Dec 18, 2012 at 11:29 PM Post #769 of 3,271
Quote:

Yeah cute, but DannyBai and Dsnuts beats you over the head with a sledgehammer until you submit. I just keep slowly and gently pushing you toward the cliff. lol

It was painfull, but I went over the cliff before the New Year.........200's will be here next week....lol! 

You would not believe how "Pamafunk" by the "New York Funk Band" 24/96 sounds on my S500/HM5 pad/DHC cabled, I guarantee you have never heard anything like this combo, heck it's not even a S500 anymore!  If the 200 sounds anything like this I will be surprised!  
biggrin.gif

Dec 18, 2012 at 11:39 PM Post #770 of 3,271
Quote:

It was painfull, but I went over the cliff before the New Year.........200's will be here next week....lol! 

You would not believe how "Pamafunk" by the "New York Funk Band" 24/96 sounds on my S500/HM5 pad/DHC cabled, I guarantee you have never heard anything like this combo, heck it's not even a S500 anymore!  If the 200 sounds anything like this I will be surprised!  
biggrin.gif

I have to figure out a way to hear your "audio madness" someday cute! lol

Dec 18, 2012 at 11:49 PM Post #771 of 3,271
Quote:

I have to try that. I just can't see how that is possible DannyBai, but I'm not discounting what you heard. 

Yeah it was a quick session.  Only two songs.  I think it's how these FXZ's handle each piece of music.  It's balanced when it should be and kicks the bass when it's called for.  I realized many earphones/headphones can do this but the FXZ's do it effortlessly and with finesse.  

Dec 19, 2012 at 12:19 AM Post #772 of 3,271
Quote:
Yeah it was a quick session.  Only two songs.  I think it's how these FXZ's handle each piece of music.  It's balanced when it should be and kicks the bass when it's called for.  I realized many earphones/headphones can do this but the FXZ's do it effortlessly and with finesse.  

Yeah, I'm just not hearing nowhere near the same amount of bass in the FXD80 as in the FXZ100, DannyBai. But I do think the FXD80's soundstage is more forward (and hypothetically more in your face) giving the illusion of more bass somehow. And I think there's more mid-bass hump in the D80, but FXZ100 is like smoothed out powerful sub-bass on the lines of the Adagio 3 (but the JVC is way clearer). Except for my customs (and the Aurisonics), I haven't heard bass in this arena like the FXZ100 has.

Dec 19, 2012 at 12:31 AM Post #773 of 3,271
Quote:

Yeah, I'm just not hearing nowhere near the same amount of bass in the FXD80 as in the FXZ100, DannyBai. But I do think the FXD80's soundstage is more forward (and hypothetically more in your face) giving the illusion of more bass somehow. And I think there's more mid-bass hump in the D80, but FXZ100 is like smoothed out powerful sub-bass on the lines of the Adagio 3 (but the JVC is way clearer). Except for my customs (and the Aurisonics), I haven't heard bass in this arena like the FXZ100 has.

Yep it's the mid-bass that has me hearing this.  I can't wait for you to hear the 200 and read what you have to say.  

Dec 19, 2012 at 1:01 AM Post #774 of 3,271
Quote:
Yep it's the mid-bass that has me hearing this.  I can't wait for you to hear the 200 and read what you have to say.  

Yeah I hope to hear a friend's from head-fi next week here in the Chi, and purchase it after Xmas.

Dec 19, 2012 at 1:07 AM Post #775 of 3,271
So while waiting for bus I went to a closeby electronic store and listened to FXZ100 for 5 minutes. Nice bass, but the highs sounds a bit off for me. Maybe I should do a longer listening session with it next time.

(Yes, I live in Japan btw.)

Dec 19, 2012 at 3:28 AM Post #777 of 3,271
Quote:
So while waiting for bus I went to a closeby electronic store and listened to FXZ100 for 5 minutes. Nice bass, but the highs sounds a bit off for me. Maybe I should do a longer listening session with it next time.

(Yes, I live in Japan btw.)

How did they sound off? Too bright, too warm, or what else?

Dec 19, 2012 at 5:25 AM Post #778 of 3,271
Speaking of flysweep. Why has he not gotten these yet? He would be a fan for certain..Or he will get them have them in his ears and then chime in? Lol I can see that happening.

I've been silently following along this thread since the inception.  I took a (healthy) hiatus from buying phones & decided to enjoy what I had... then I went off and splurged on the Magni/Modi stack, the Beyerdynamic DT770 AE, and am currently having my TubeDAC-11 hacked/upgraded.  I also just ordered the AS-2.. and the BA200.  All on the past month and a half.. so my wallet went 'running for the hills.'

I'm intrigued by both the 100 & 200.  The 200 seems to be the more technically accomplished.. but I'm not sure if that's enough for me to get over it's "bass head" tendencies.  I'm always impressed with well designed, uniquely constructed, bass heavy phones; but that tuning tends to wear on me when it comes to long term ownership/listening.  I've got no doubt the 200 does justice to this sound with the best of them.. but the 100 seems like a better starting point to get a hold of what JVC intended with this series.

I'd like to audition it before buying and, thankfully, my friend DannyBai might give me a chance to do so.  I'll certainly offer my thoughts on them.

I think FlySweep into more balanced sounding IEMs with an emphasis on mids now, but I know he's interested in the FXZ100, and will hear (or purchase) a pair soon.

Indeed.  I typically prefer balanced, neutral-ish sounding IEMs due to their versatility and propensity for transparency.. but I'm not truly biased against any specific sound signature.  I can appreciate any phone's tuning as long as it's cohesive & I sense there was some thought put into it's sound.

I think I will be sending my pairs to flysweep if he hasn't purchased them by that point.  It will be hard for me to part with these for any length of time.  

Thanks, bud.. you've got an email.

Dec 19, 2012 at 6:48 AM Post #779 of 3,271
Well. I pulled the trigger. Ended up buying from Amazon Japan with delivery to Tenso, then to Australia.

Problem is - stupidly left the billing address the same as the delivery address and for the life of me I can't change it!

I'm concerned my CC company might I.D it as fraud... grrrr.

Dec 19, 2012 at 7:04 AM Post #780 of 3,271
Nevermind. Cancelled the order and did it properly.

Weird though - with this new order I can now see the buttons to change the order details.

These puppies are on their way - hopefully they'll make me forget all about the lucky person that probably found my GR07s on the train.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back