JVC HA-FXZ 100/200
Dec 17, 2012 at 12:01 AM Post #661 of 3,271

He he. Warned you!
tongue.gif

It's funny. I sold my D2K's so I could eventually get the Mad Dogs. My favorite part of the D2K was that subbass.
But Meeehn. These kids are making me want to use my credit card.
I only have that thing for the sake of maintaining a credit score but I'm currently broke.
And these kids.....
well.
They're making it hard to stick to a budget.

Or as eke so eloquently put it:
Stop making me want things!

5f1369a071054eaaeedb4587d20f3a82_400x1000.gif

Especially with Dsnuts saying his wall of headphones are staring at him with sad faces.
And then DannyBai had to go mention that thing about subbass.

As the Christians put it: resist the devil and he will flee.
but hooooooly heavens. You're making this difficult. I just love subbass. Neutral iems aren't cutting it. And bassy iems lose out on mids and highs.
But the way you're describing this abomination of creation derived from the powers of witchcraft and wizardry you call the fxz200.....

oh. edit. subbass level on fxz100 and fxz200 versus mh1c. No doubt the quality is supremely superior but quantity wise how do they stack up just to have a common reference point. you know what? toss in fxt90 and fx40 too. same thing. just the subbass quantity.

Dec 17, 2012 at 12:06 AM Post #662 of 3,271
Quote:
It's funny. I sold my D2K's so I could eventually get the Mad Dogs. My favorite part of the D2K was that subbass.
But Meeehn. These kids are making me want to use my credit card.
I only have that thing for the sake of maintaining a credit score but I'm currently broke.
And these kids.....
well.
They're making it hard to stick to a budget.

Or as eke so eloquently put it:

Especially with Dsnuts saying his wall of headphones are staring at him with sad faces.
And then DannyBai had to go mention that thing about subbass.

As the Christians put it: resist the devil and he will flee.
but hooooooly heavens. You're making this difficult. I just love subbass. Neutral iems aren't cutting it. And bassy iems lose out on mids and highs.
But the way you're describing this abomination of creation derived from the powers of witchcraft and wizardry you call the fxz200.....

They are abominations all right :D sounds like some alien technology was involved to mutate earthlings' earphone technology XD

oh, and there is no use resisting. I even dreamed how I was ordering JVC FXZ300 (I don't even know if they'll come out) and it shows how much I crave those triple dynamics LOL

Dec 17, 2012 at 12:49 AM Post #663 of 3,271
So I'm going to say this: I only have the FXZ100 and haven't heard a bass this deep and CLEAN in a universal except for maybe the ASG-1.2 (and I'm not quite sure the bass was this deep, but close). Now, as deep - but now as clean, yet very good bass - would be the Final Audio Adagio 3 (but actually think the JVC bass is deeper that one too). And we're talking about hella deep bass that doesn't smear into or obscure the mids or highs at all.

Dec 17, 2012 at 12:54 AM Post #664 of 3,271
As good as the FXZ100's bass is, I can't even imagine the FXZ200's bass being bigger and better, but I'm going to find out (either buy from my friends who doesn't like it), or order it myself. I have a head-fi friend in the Chi who just ordered the FXZ200. When his comes in a week or so, we will meet and I'll let him hear the FXZ100 and he'll let me hear the FXZ200. We'll decide if we need to swap or order the other model we don't have (that's probably more likely the outcome because I do love the FXZ100's sound sig, but I'm sure I'm going to love the FXZ200's sound sig too).

Dec 17, 2012 at 1:01 AM Post #665 of 3,271
Don't make me talk about the bass. When the sole purpose of a carbon driver housed in an all brass housing eliminating any extra vibrations or resonances. What you get is an actual sub woofer. No gimmicky sub woofer like sound. An actual sub woofer. They used a kelton sub woofer design. An industry first in an earphone. So how does it hit? Just like a sub woofer. Visceral effortless deep extensions that you know your surfing with some powerful bass. In comparison to the XB90. Those have a great sub like sound. but they aren't actual subs like what is in the FXZ200. The bass quality is off the chain too. Its got great texture and weight..There is not a low note these can't hit with boss like authority. You want your sub bass for bass lovers these are worth getting just to hear the SUBs in your ears. This sound is like the XB90 lows refined and defined. This is with absolute no bass enhancement like eq or bass boost of any kind. I can only imagine the madness that can happen with some eq or something like a Z0 or E11 bass boost. Lol.

The subs are a bit uncontrolled and boomy on first listen so do not judge how these will sound on open box.. These need burn in 100%.But ends up changing to one of the most immersive beautiful sounds I have ever heard. These change much more than the FXZ100 with burn in by the way.

That is actually a good thing, I like how the FXZ100 sounds the way they are. Don't want or need for them to change too much. These FXZ200 did a transformation number that is one for the books however.

Dec 17, 2012 at 1:15 AM Post #666 of 3,271
Quote:
As good as the FXZ100's bass is, I can't even imagine the FXZ200's bass being bigger and better, but I'm going to find out (either buy from my friends who doesn't like it), or order it myself. I have a head-fi friend in the Chi who just ordered the FXZ200. When his comes in a week or so, we will meet and I'll let him hear the FXZ100 and he'll let me hear the FXZ200. We'll decide if we need to swap or order the other model we don't have (that's probably more likely the outcome because I do love the FXZ100's sound sig, but I'm sure I'm going to love the FXZ200's sound sig too).

Tell your friend if he doesn't read this thread. He has to burn them in. I have confirmation from DannyBai. He was exactly one day ahead of me on his burn in and and everything he said that happened with his burn in also happened with my pair so it seems the drivers on the FXZ200 are very raw and need loosening. Also when you and your buddy change up the earphones. I recommend actually change them for a weekend so you will have a better idea of the sound. I don't think this sound can be fully understood with a few tracks.

You will see what I mean. You have to really give them a good listen. But most importantly the refinements in the sound does not show up until at least 50 hours of aggressive burn in happens. The funny thing is I haven't fully burned in both earphones yet.. What another 50 hours will yield. We are on new ground from that point.

Dec 17, 2012 at 1:24 AM Post #667 of 3,271
Dsnuts

"You guys can call me a JVC superfan"

I almost expected that....

Dec 17, 2012 at 3:01 AM Post #669 of 3,271
Quote:
Oh no way.Lol..Currawong changed my title. hahaha nice. I just noticed that. Actually this is more accurate. I own like 3X more JVC stuff over AT stuff.

Hey! that title belongs to me!! 
angry_face.gif
 Get back over to AT-Land! 

lol. 

Dec 17, 2012 at 5:55 AM Post #670 of 3,271
Quote:
Don't make me talk about the bass. When the sole purpose of a carbon driver housed in an all brass housing eliminating any extra vibrations or resonances. What you get is an actual sub woofer. No gimmicky sub woofer like sound. An actual sub woofer. They used a kelton sub woofer design. An industry first in an earphone. So how does it hit? Just like a sub woofer. Visceral effortless deep extensions that you know your surfing with some powerful bass. In comparison to the XB90. Those have a great sub like sound. but they aren't actual subs like what is in the FXZ200. The bass quality is off the chain too. Its got great texture and weight..There is not a low note these can't hit with boss like authority. You want your sub bass for bass lovers these are worth getting just to hear the SUBs in your ears. This sound is like the XB90 lows refined and defined. This is with absolute no bass enhancement like eq or bass boost of any kind. I can only imagine the madness that can happen with some eq or something like a Z0 or E11 bass boost. Lol.

The subs are a bit uncontrolled and boomy on first listen so do not judge how these will sound on open box.. These need burn in 100%.But ends up changing to one of the most immersive beautiful sounds I have ever heard. These change much more than the FXZ100 with burn in by the way.

That is actually a good thing, I like how the FXZ100 sounds the way they are. Don't want or need for them to change too much. These FXZ200 did a transformation number that is one for the books however.

Hey dude, could you do me a solid and listen to a song with the 200s? I'm primarily a metal listener, so I'd like to know how the subs are at keeping up with fast bass. Also, do the bass guitar and bass drum stick out at the same time with decent seperation? Try and listen to this whole song if you can; sorry if you don't like heavier stuff. :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTsQZP-FZ7s

HD for better audio. Just lemme know how the song sounds overall, I'm curious.

Dec 17, 2012 at 6:09 AM Post #671 of 3,271
Dsnuts had bring out all the points that i wanted to say but i couldn't coz of my lack of expressing my feeling through words..
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

Aniway, do u guys have any songs that you guys can introduce that can bring the full potential of the fx200. Looking back the thread, I didnt even think i could enjoy the songs that were posted better with these earphones. I only have like kpop ( i know) , some ost songs and current, latest popular hits...didnt really venture too deep into music coz there wasnt any good earphones that i could test with. Now that i have the kind of earphones that i've always dreamt of, it's time for me to step up and head into the real world of music.

Dec 17, 2012 at 6:34 AM Post #672 of 3,271
Quote:
Dsnuts had bring out all the points that i wanted to say but i couldn't coz of my lack of expressing my feeling through words..
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

Aniway, do u guys have any songs that you guys can share that can bring the full potential of the fx200. Looking back the thread, I didnt even think i could enjoy the songs that were posted better with these earphones. I only have like kpop ( i know) , some ost songs and current, latest popular hits...didnt really venture too deep into music coz there wasnt any good earphones that i could test with. Now that i have the kind of earphones that i've always dreamt of, it's time for me to step up and head into the real world of music.

I don't have fxz (yet) but these are the songs that are very well recorded/mastered, therefore should be able to bring out the strengths and weaknesses of you earphones:

please note that audio quality on youtube just sucks. it Hd or whatever won't help. Heck, I know for sure cause I've uploaded that art blakey ballad medley and it sounded fine. I couldn't fine any difference when comparing it to original source material in lossless. then something happened - youtube downgraded the audio quality severely... 

Dec 17, 2012 at 11:16 AM Post #675 of 3,271
Quote:
I don't have fxz (yet) but these are the songs that are very well recorded/mastered, therefore should be able to bring out the strengths and weaknesses of you earphones:

please note that audio quality on youtube just sucks. it Hd or whatever won't help. Heck, I know for sure cause I've uploaded that art blakey ballad medley and it sounded fine. I couldn't fine any difference when comparing it to original source material in lossless. then something happened - youtube downgraded the audio quality severely... 

Thnx for ur collection, i got to admit, im in love with the vivaldi. The piece is so beautiful , i could hear every bit of the violin being played and it was so clear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back