JVC HA-FXZ 100/200
Dec 16, 2012 at 7:00 PM Post #631 of 3,271
So I think I'm gonna have to change my mind and wait on MadDogs for these guys. I'm thinking the 200s will better out me in a rave, and theyre Well under budget considering I was gonna get maddogs.

this will be my birthday present to myself Come January and also where I can use some of this Xmas bonus money.

I'm still curious if the ATH CK?1000's will even compete, So ill wait for those impressions

Dec 16, 2012 at 7:05 PM Post #632 of 3,271
Quote:
So I think I'm gonna have to change my mind and wait on MadDogs for these guys. I'm thinking the 200s will better out me in a rave, and theyre Well under budget considering I was gonna get maddogs.
this will be my birthday present to myself Come January and also where I can use some of this Xmas bonus money.
I'm still curious if the ATH CK?1000's will even compete, So ill wait for those impressions

I am actually worried to be honest. The CKS1000 is ATs flagship bass earphones and should be a similar sound to what these FXZ earphones are doing for sound. Those should have a big expansive sound as well but will it do one over these FXZs?  It will be a tall order.

I am certain my black pair of CKS1000 I will get tomorrow. I hope they at least will be worth the cash I spent. Fingers crossed.

Dec 16, 2012 at 7:30 PM Post #633 of 3,271
Just rec'd and email from Amazon.co.jp, stating that my order from yesterday is delayed, did not say how long.......sounds like they are out of stock!

Dec 16, 2012 at 7:50 PM Post #634 of 3,271
I am actually worried to be honest. The CKS1000 is ATs flagship bass earphones and should be a similar sound to what these FXZ earphones are doing for sound. Those should have a big expansive sound as well but will it do one over these FXZs?  It will be a tall order.

I am certain my black pair of CKS1000 I will get tomorrow. I hope they at least will be worth the cash I spent. Fingers crossed.

I look forward to your impressions. I'm definitely sold on the FXZ200, Unless AT does it better somehow, which on one hand I don't doubt, but you claim this IEM to be basshead end game, so its an interesting battle for IEM bass supremacy between these two recent competetors.

Is it just me or has JVC really stepped up their game when it comes to personal audio this year?

Dec 16, 2012 at 7:54 PM Post #635 of 3,271
Quote:
Going on close to 50 hours of burn in I have to say the sounds on both have tightened up nicely but the one that is shocking me right now . Guys. What I am hearing on the FXZ200 is nothing short of astounding.. This sound. The mids are so nice. so smooth. so textured so lush. Vocals will make you shiver. The sound is getting outworldly...If you close your eyes you are completely and utterly engulfed in the sound that is coming out of the FXZ200..Now I see why these cost more..Listening to Tchaikovsky- String quartet No1..I feel like my mind is floating with the strings. So much emotion in the music. This sound. The space in the instruments the raw power and natural reverb I am hearing in the recording is insane.

I remember when Danny first got the FXZ200 I predicted these would start to show why they cost more with more use/ burn in. I am happy to report. This is in fact what is happening to the sounds. The FXZ100 I feel has improved and the sounds is simply gorgeous. Just a crazy high end sound that I am loving right now but the refinements in the FXZ200 are clearly showing up for the party.  On a bit of a side note. Passive isolation is actually very decent on the phones. Not the best I have heard but not average either. I would say my ASG-1s have the best passive isolation. These are very similar to my XB90s in isolation. With music playing even at moderate low levels you will be shut out of the world around you.

I am going to warn guys about these FXZ200. I don't care if you believe in burn in or not. The improvements in the sound I am hearing now did not get there with me just using it..My Drum n Bass technique has once again shown me the true colors on an earphone and this time. What sound that was there has now come full bloom.. The depth and scope of this sound is clearly on a level I have not heard before. Strings, instruments, vocals, emotion..All of it in such full rounded detail. And the one element that I am a huge fan of. Texture..If it is a big sound with no texture you just get a big hollow sound. These earphones have the massive scale and all of it is textured. Truly dynamic in how it sounds. You can sense how much force a performer is pushing the keys. The resolution in the mids is so great I have never heard an earphone make Pianos sound like it is covering almost the entire sound frequency. As deep as it is wide. And none of it sounds artificial or enhanced. Absolutely a wonderful sound. Astounding sound..You guys read it here first. As long as JVC is making these FXZ100 FXZ200s. I will always own a pair.

I have bought some nice cans lately and none of them are getting any head time right now..Not good.

NICE, so it is imperative that we have both in our collection? Also, does that mean the fxz100 is not as good as the fxz200 now?

Dec 16, 2012 at 7:56 PM Post #636 of 3,271
Quote:

Clieos mad a post last week the he thought the 100PRO was better than the CKS1000, his opinion though!

Dec 16, 2012 at 8:15 PM Post #637 of 3,271
Quote:
Going on close to 50 hours of burn in I have to say the sounds on both have tightened up nicely but the one that is shocking me right now . Guys. What I am hearing on the FXZ200 is nothing short of astounding.. This sound. The mids are so nice. so smooth. so textured so lush. Vocals will make you shiver. The sound is getting outworldly...If you close your eyes you are completely and utterly engulfed in the sound that is coming out of the FXZ200..Now I see why these cost more..Listening to Tchaikovsky- String quartet No1..I feel like my mind is floating with the strings. So much emotion in the music. This sound. The space in the instruments the raw power and natural reverb I am hearing in the recording is insane.

I remember when Danny first got the FXZ200 I predicted these would start to show why they cost more with more use/ burn in. I am happy to report. This is in fact what is happening to the sounds. The FXZ100 I feel has improved and the sounds is simply gorgeous. Just a crazy high end sound that I am loving right now but the refinements in the FXZ200 are clearly showing up for the party.  On a bit of a side note. Passive isolation is actually very decent on the phones. Not the best I have heard but not average either. I would say my ASG-1s have the best passive isolation. These are very similar to my XB90s in isolation. With music playing even at moderate low levels you will be shut out of the world around you.

I am going to warn guys about these FXZ200. I don't care if you believe in burn in or not. The improvements in the sound I am hearing now did not get there with me just using it..My Drum n Bass technique has once again shown me the true colors on an earphone and this time. What sound that was there has now come full bloom.. The depth and scope of this sound is clearly on a level I have not heard before. Strings, instruments, vocals, emotion..All of it in such full rounded detail. And the one element that I am a huge fan of. Texture..If it is a big sound with no texture you just get a big hollow sound. These earphones have the massive scale and all of it is textured. Truly dynamic in how it sounds. You can sense how much force a performer is pushing the keys. The resolution in the mids is so great I have never heard an earphone make Pianos sound like it is covering almost the entire sound frequency. As deep as it is wide. And none of it sounds artificial or enhanced. Absolutely a wonderful sound. Astounding sound..You guys read it here first. As long as JVC is making these FXZ100 FXZ200s. I will always own a pair.

I have bought some nice cans lately and none of them are getting any head time right now..Not good.

Could you please try posting something a bit more enticing and convincing? I am doing my best not to pull the trigger on these for a few months at least, But as usual, you are making it difficult. Well done sir!

beerchug.gif

Dec 16, 2012 at 8:17 PM Post #638 of 3,271
Could anyone walk me through how to order using japanese amazon and tenso? I've never ordered something from another country before so i'm not quite sure how it works haha. Oh and has anyone here ordered using tenso before?

Dec 16, 2012 at 8:28 PM Post #640 of 3,271
Quote:
I look forward to your impressions. I'm definitely sold on the FXZ200, Unless AT does it better somehow, which on one hand I don't doubt, but you claim this IEM to be basshead end game, so its an interesting battle for IEM bass supremacy between these two recent competetors.
Is it just me or has JVC really stepped up their game when it comes to personal audio this year?

Sure I love my bass but I am more of a fan of proper sound. Would I consider the FXZ200 a basshead Iem? Sure but these are for guys that want more than just bass. These are for guys that want a no holds barred sophisticated sound more so. It would be a shame for guys to skip these wonderful iems just because they have a 2.1 presentation. The mids are not some of the best. These are the best I have ever heard on anything I have ever heard.

Dec 16, 2012 at 8:29 PM Post #641 of 3,271
Quote:
Could anyone walk me through how to order using japanese amazon and tenso? I've never ordered something from another country before so i'm not quite sure how it works haha. Oh and has anyone here ordered using tenso before?

Tenso has a pretty helpful guide that details the process.

I got my FX700 through Tenso, and I'm doing the same for the FXZ200!

Dec 16, 2012 at 8:36 PM Post #644 of 3,271
I thought I would share this post I got from my good friend DannyBai.

[img]http://cdn.head-fi.org/4/40/38x38px-ZC-40ceb045_1331985195_cover.jpeg[/img]
DannyBai
Today at 5:58 pm

I LOVE that sub-bass.  It kicks on hip hop and electronic music but stays put on non-bassheavy tunes.  It's unbelievable.  Another aspect that gets me is the depth music has.  It's one giant leap in audio.  I am officially a JVC fanboy. 

I agree 100%. They have some wizards working for JVC..Both these are trump cards but the FXZ200..A masterpiece.

Dec 16, 2012 at 8:41 PM Post #645 of 3,271
Gee, thanks Ds. Now I HAVE to get them. I'm a basshead that appreciates the entire spectrum, So this is definitely end game for me, or so it seems.

Sure I love my bass but I am more of a fan of proper sound. Would I consider the FXZ200 a basshead Iem? Sure but these are for guys that want more than just bass. These are for guys that want a no holds barred sophisticated sound more so. It would be a shame for guys to skip these wonderful iems just because they have a 2.1 presentation. The mids are not some of the best. These are the best I have ever heard on anything I have ever heard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back