JVC HA-FXZ 100/200
Dec 13, 2012 at 8:15 PM Post #407 of 3,271
Quote:
I think you and Wayne both would just be floored on the FXZ100. floored. Not impressed. Floored.

I'm getting that impression lol! The question will be... fxz100 or 200... just like it was fxd70 or 80.  I ended up getting the fxd70, and although I love it, I sometimes wonder about the 80. It doesn't matter much because I only paid $60 for the fxd70, and now I have the 100/200's to drool over. But with these puppies, the stakes are much higher and the right one much be chosen!

To tie over though, I did just snag eke2k6's E11, so that's exciting lol! Looking forward to trying that out with the ele dac...

Dec 13, 2012 at 8:52 PM Post #408 of 3,271
Quote:
One observation,. I did notice that JVC has tamed their highs on both of these. They are actually tame in comparison to the FXT90 or even the FX40.. Think MH1C type highs..I actually like the highs quite a bit on both earphones..Using a single Carbon Naotube for the highs you figure it would be out there more but they did an awesome job integrating the highs vs making them stand out.

This is great to know, thank you. I can't stand harsh highs. I'll be waiting until next month to try these out.

Dec 13, 2012 at 8:53 PM Post #409 of 3,271
beerchug.gif

Wow, thanks for the impressions and updates!

Okay, back to
popcorn.gif

Dec 13, 2012 at 9:55 PM Post #410 of 3,271
So far the 200s sound like more of my style. I'd like to hear more impressions first, but of course I like the more expensive one :p

Dec 13, 2012 at 10:38 PM Post #412 of 3,271
Quote:
Me and ericp10 should have our impressions filled in by tomorrow, no worries :3. 

Yeah, I have the FXZ100 tomorrow. I will probably get the FXZ200 because I love the JVC sound, but that probably won't be until the beginning of next year (unless the GR08 comes out before then). Sounds like the Z100 will suit me just fine (along with my V6, IE800, BA200, ASG-2 and W4).

Dec 14, 2012 at 12:06 AM Post #413 of 3,271
It only took a day of burn in for me to realize what level of sound I was dealing with in these. Gotta be a believer in burn in. These are changing for the better I am afraid to know how these are gonna sound after full burn in. Lol.

The FXZ200 is to the FXD80   as the FXZ100 is to the FXD70.

JVC has done something I never in my life I thought could be possible with earphones. These have a full range. Full headphone sound from earphones. With a stupid high end tuning to go with them. I went from being wishy washy about the FXZ200 to being absolutely shocked at the level of sound in a matter of one day of burn in..

You guys are in for a very nice treat. Go into this one with an open mind and both these will reward with a level of sound I hope you guys will be ready for..Do what it is you gotta do. And I mean this. Grab one. Which ever you feel suit your taste more. I am so happy both these have a different sound..Just like how the FXD70 and the FXD80 both had..

Now I fully understand why Currawong gave the FXZ200 best of show. The sound stayed with him even though he was sampling some really nice high end gear.. The sound is absolutely incredible. Both these put new meaning to the word epic.!

Dec 14, 2012 at 12:12 AM Post #414 of 3,271
Quote:
It only took a day of burn in for me to realize what level of sound I was dealing with in these. Gotta be a believer in burn in. These are changing for the better I am afraid to know how these are gonna sound after full burn in. Lol.

JVC has done something I never in my life I thought could be possible with earphones. These have a full range. Full headphone sound from earphones. With a stupid high end tuning to go with them. I went from being wishy washy about the FXZ200 to being absolutely shocked at the level of sound in a matter of one day of burn in..

You guys are in for a very nice treat. Go into this one with an open mind and both these will reward with a level of sound I hope you guys will be ready for..Do what it is you gotta do. And I mean this. Grab one. Which ever you feel suit your taste more. I am so happy both these have a different sound..Just like how the FXD70 and the FXD80 both had..

Now I fully understand why Currawong gave the FXZ200 best of show. The sound stayed with him even though he was sampling some really nice high end gear.. The sound is absolutely incredible. Both these put new meaning to the word epic.!

^ oh god i can't take this anymore!!!

Dec 14, 2012 at 12:15 AM Post #415 of 3,271
I picked up the brainwavz HM3 and HM5, so now I'm broke.

Gonna wait till the prices drop(if ever) then I'll snatch the 200s.

---

The FXD80 was extremely bright for me. It took quite a while for me to enjoy the FXD80, either my hearing got destroyed in the process or the highs was refined after 400~500 hours of use.
Is this the same case for 100/200?

Dec 14, 2012 at 12:15 AM Post #416 of 3,271
Quote:

does the fxz100 leave as good impression? I'm reaaaally tempted to get the fxz200, but will wait till you guys burn them in and give some final thoughts :)

Dec 14, 2012 at 12:19 AM Post #417 of 3,271
Lol! 

Ok so guys keep on asking me how I got my earphones. Let me post this here. Absolutely worth trying out and ends up being the best deal for anything from Japan.

So this is how it works. You have to register with Tenso.com and you will get a personal address to log out with when you order from Amazon Japan.  So after you set up your Tenso account. Just go to the English version of Amazon Japan Look up FXZ200. Put one in your check out box..You buy the item using your credit card. And for the delivery address you put the address that Tenso gave you.. On your home page at Tanso. There is a template that shows exactly what to put for the address when you check out from Amazon Japan and a few other more popular sites.

All you have to do is copy exactly what that template has. Copy paste..Once you hit order. AMazon Japan will send your FXZ200 to Tenso. Once Tenso gets your headphone. They will send you an email saying they have it.  You have to log onto your Tenso page again. They charge you a small handling fee and charge you for EMS shipping to you and that is that. IT is really not that complicated as it seems. If you take your time with putting in the Tenso address when checking out it should not be a problem.   And when you make the Tesno account you will put where you want your goods to be delivered. Take your time and go through it step by step you should be able to do it. It is easy.

I believe Tenso ships to 50 different countries. You will have to check if your country is covered. Also there is a risk of Customs tax. But completely worth which ever kidney you will give up to get one.

Dec 14, 2012 at 12:23 AM Post #418 of 3,271
@nihonto  Didn't you say you was gonna wait till they go down to $100. Lol.

Hey Seriously do what it is you gotta do and get either one. I am thinking you would love the FXZ200 more but the FXZ100 is no joke at that price. Either ones are must haves. Once you hear these..My collection has no meaning. haha.

Dec 14, 2012 at 12:27 AM Post #419 of 3,271
Quote:
@nihonto  Didn't you say you was gonna wait till they go down to $100. Lol.

Hey Seriously do what it is you gotta do and get either one. I am thinking you would love the FXZ200 more but the FXZ100 is no joke at that price. Either ones are must haves. Once you hear these..My collection has no meaning. haha.

haha, I will wait. :D I', pretty sure I'll be able to get the fxz200 for about 170-180 soon enough. until then, I'll just enjoy my xb90ex :)thank for your thoughts :) I could pay more, but then I'll have to also pay customs taxes, so...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back