JVC HA-FXZ 100/200
Oct 19, 2012 at 11:54 PM Post #63 of 3,271
Quote:
Front two drivers are cnt and the rear is a 8.8mm dynamic driver
smily_headphones1.gif

According to the previous post by kjk1281, only one driver is carbon nanotube, and one is carbon.....unless you translate it differently....I am not fluent in Japanese!

Oct 20, 2012 at 12:06 AM Post #64 of 3,271
Quote:

According to the previous post by kjk1281, only one driver is carbon nanotube, and one is carbon.....unless you translate it differently....I am not fluent in Japanese!

Thats correct, one has the nanotube and the other is just carbon.

Oct 20, 2012 at 12:09 AM Post #65 of 3,271
I was checking out some high end gear like LFF paradox or ATH A2000X and this got announced.

For the first time, my wallet is grateful.

I guess JVC is all I need.

Oct 20, 2012 at 3:15 AM Post #66 of 3,271
I'm keeping my eye on this!

Oct 20, 2012 at 3:18 AM Post #67 of 3,271
Is the diaphragm material of the woofer mentioned?

We know the ones in the front are carbon and carbon-nanotube. 

Oct 20, 2012 at 5:01 AM Post #70 of 3,271
From the pages that Google has machine-translated, three's no mention of the materials used for the woofer IIRC.

I didn't find any info on it as well, not on JVC website anyway. That part of the info seem to come from AV Watch.

Oct 20, 2012 at 7:48 AM Post #72 of 3,271
I found it, translated of course...
 "Because of the high natural frequency response of the sound fast, high-strength carbon nanotubes is different from the crystal structure of carbon is suitable for precise and delicate sound representation. As one of the important elements to reproduce the treble, the HA-FXZ series, in the twin system unit of one vibration of carbon nanotubes in serving as combination and the optimal bass realistic stream woofer newly developed in one unit has adopted the carbon diaphragm, and the other plate."

So, as mentioned, a carbon diaphragm. I see the reasoning, and matching peoples impressions of the brighter CNT drivers that bring more treble, detail, and clarity improvements which is not what they want for the woofer. So, CNT all the way through is probably not what you want and I believe they made the right choice there. Remember, this is a Kelton sytem where all three work together and there is no crossover. So they used a different material to aid in tuning. IME, with the S900 and M750 carbon drivers, JVC carbon diaphragms are certainly bass focused.

The basic F.R. graphs to illustrate...

Ha ha, red and blue make green. That carbon driver doesn't even know what treble is, lol. All about the bass.

Oct 22, 2012 at 5:06 PM Post #74 of 3,271
I cant describe in words from any language on this earth's surface the joy I feel about finding out of just the mere existence of these IEMs....there really is a god.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back