JVC HA-FXZ 100/200
Oct 18, 2012 at 5:33 PM Post #31 of 3,271
Anyone know release date? Lol. These look SICK. I thought ATs new CKS earphones looked impressive, not so much compared to these. That does look like a whole lot of new tech going on in the earphones. I hope prices will be reasonable. Fingers crossed.

Oct 18, 2012 at 5:42 PM Post #32 of 3,271
Quote:

Own JVC LIVEBEAT SYSTEM earphones that combines high-resolution in the treble and realistic bass that the woofer mounted in the inner ear, the idea ever. The secret is in the exquisite combination of stream of a newly developed woofer and tuned twin system unit dedicated to the HA-FXZ series. I did not realize the sound experience to highlight the whole range that has been difficult up to now by a combination of stream woofer to reproduce deep bass and realistic twin system unit that is responsible for the smooth treble.

Equipped with a newly developed woofer stream earbuds for the first time in the industry. Applying the method of speaker technology Kelton, covered with a brass base unit woofer unit, forming a sealed acoustic structure, the combined stream elongated duct there.
The sound from the woofer unit, we were able to more than 100Hz are attenuated by passing through the duct in the stream, to extract only pure bass components. Less impact on midrange to reproduce realistic heavy bass.

The silver cable "for higher resolution across the entire frequency range" and brass case unit in the FXZ200 seems the way to go. The FXZ100 sounds like a step up from the FXT90 but the 200 seems to go the extra mile :)

Time to find something more to read on the Kelton speaker tech, lol.

BTW, it says the twin system is uniquely tuned for the FXZ so not quite the same as in the FXT90.

Maybe this?     http://www.ehow.com/info_12154612_kelton-subwoofer.html

Kelton Theory

1. The output of the active speaker combined with the resonance of the outer enclosure's tuned port causes the passive element to move in sympathy with the changes in audio signal. This effectively creates an outer enclosure of varying size, complimentary to the audio signal, restoring some response to low end of the ported enclosure while taking advantage of the smooth response and tight transients of the sealed active speaker. Overall, the system is tuned, without a crossover, to a range, or band, of frequencies, hence the "bandpass subwoofer" description.

​

Oct 18, 2012 at 5:53 PM Post #33 of 3,271
Thanks rickdohc, a nice find! Sounds like a tried and tested formula like JVC likes to use. Wood, Brass, now Carbon and Kelton they seem to take legit stuff to incorporate. Cool how they attempted to take this system and miniaturize it. The whole copy and paste...

Kelton Theory

1. The Kelton subwoofer [size=100%]design[/size] incorporates an active and passive speaker in one ported enclosure. It differs from other passive radiator speakers in that the active speaker is sealed in its own enclosure, rather than sharing an enclosure with the passive speaker. When used as a subwoofer, this design attempts to combine the advantages of several speaker types in a supportive way.

2. A speaker mounted in an airtight enclosure creates a damping effect through changes in air pressure in the sealed space. As the speaker moves forward, low air pressure behind the speaker pulls it back. When the speaker moves back, high air pressure pushes out. This type of design offers fast transient and smooth responses over a wide range of frequencies. It comes at the cost of efficiency, however, as none of the sound energy created by back movement of the speaker is released into the listening area.

3. Ported speakers are inherently louder than sealed designs at the same power level, because the sound energy within the speaker cabinet escapes. The port is tuned to a particular frequency determined by the speaker [size=100%]designer[/size] to support the needs of the system. Below the tuned frequency of the port, response drops off quickly. As consumers generally respond to "loud" being better, most commercial speakers and subwoofers offer a ported design.

4. The output of the active speaker combined with the resonance of the outer enclosure's tuned port causes the passive element to move in sympathy with the changes in audio signal. This effectively creates an outer enclosure of varying size, complimentary to the audio signal, restoring some response to low end of the ported enclosure while taking advantage of the smooth response and tight transients of the sealed active speaker. Overall, the system is tuned, without a crossover, to a range, or band, of frequencies, hence the "bandpass subwoofer" description.

Read more: What Is a Kelton Subwoofer? | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/info_12154612_kelton-subwoofer.html#ixzz29gozZzby

Very ambitious endeavor. Again, to makes this work best and be most cohesive is where the higher version is better with the brass and better cable. Brass is a better enclosure for the woofer. Yamaha was originally going to use the "same brass used in their horns" to make the EPH-100 but they cheaped out with aluminum.

Other than being quite large, they look pretty awesome. Looks like an FXZ200 could be on a few Christmas(late Nov. release) lists including mine.

Oct 18, 2012 at 7:37 PM Post #37 of 3,271
Anyone know release date? Lol. These look SICK. I thought ATs new CKS earphones looked impressive, not so much compared to these. That does look like a whole lot of new tech going on in the earphones. I hope prices will be reasonable. Fingers crossed.

They should be released by the end of November.

http://av.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/20121018_566904.html

Oct 18, 2012 at 7:54 PM Post #39 of 3,271
popcorn.gif

Oct 18, 2012 at 8:06 PM Post #41 of 3,271
I'm going to be watching this with keen interest. Will probably push the button on the back of how much I love the FXD80.

Oct 18, 2012 at 8:13 PM Post #42 of 3,271
I'm going to be watching this with keen interest. Will probably push the button on the back of how much I love the FXD80.

Same here, i love my my fxd70 and 80, But a triple dynamic carbon nanontube iem? jvc gots my wallet.

Oct 18, 2012 at 10:19 PM Post #44 of 3,271
I still feel that my previous FXT90 lacks bass (severely). It's just too treble happy. Harsh, fatiguing treble.

Maybe it's time JVC addresses this. BTW, it was said that the drivers in this FXZ200 has been improved. And I still don't understand how 200 will be better than 100 from the pictures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back