JVC HA-FXZ 100/200
Apr 24, 2013 at 12:51 AM Post #2,776 of 3,271
Hey swf I told you to burn them in for 500hrs and also ghostfit ,don't give all the credit to him :D

Nah you abandoned this FXZ ship longggggggg ago, and hopped onto that gr07 BE lifeboat. You not gettin' nothin' !!! :p

That pesky ghost is what restored my faith in these, while you were capping all over these for those Chinese cheapos. BOOOOOOOO!!!

Apr 24, 2013 at 6:33 AM Post #2,777 of 3,271
Quote:
I'd recommend the Meier Corda Quickstep over the C&C BH. I think the C&C is overrated personally.

I wonder how you come to that conclusion...

The QuickStep looks bulky and ugly as hell, also I doubt battery life is anywhere near the BH. I got almost a 100 hours on it in the first run.

I sincerely doubt the Meier can do that. 
size]

Apr 24, 2013 at 6:48 AM Post #2,778 of 3,271
I wonder how you come to that conclusion...

The QuickStep looks bulky and ugly as hell, also I doubt battery life is anywhere near the BH. I got almost a 100 hours on it in the first run.

I sincerely doubt the Meier can do that. 
size]

At the end of the day it's about sound quality and the Quickstep is light years ahead in that department. The C&C BH can't hold a candle to it. Plus the Quickstep isn't actually as big and bulky as it appears in the pictures.

Apr 24, 2013 at 12:29 PM Post #2,779 of 3,271
At the end of the day it's about sound quality and the Quickstep is light years ahead in that department. The C&C BH can't hold a candle to it. Plus the Quickstep isn't actually as big and bulky as it appears in the pictures.

That's fair enough I guess, so I take it you had both and compared?

For me though it would still end up being the BH, simply because of the awesome battery life that I've never seen before in any portable amp.

Apr 24, 2013 at 12:37 PM Post #2,780 of 3,271
Quote:
For me though it would still end up being the BH, simply because of the awesome battery life that I've never seen before in any portable amp.

Also, the Quickstep appears to be close to 4x the price of the BH.

Apr 27, 2013 at 10:51 PM Post #2,782 of 3,271
Quote:

Ok, you're nuts! Another amazing video - well done. Amazing scenery, amazing views, scary as hell hiking terrain! Oh, and did I tell you that you're nuts lol!

Those songs are great also - I really enjoyed the 2nd (on my substitute 200s'... cks1000's). Very cool.

Thanks, glad you like that one. That ridge up there is one of my favorites here in the central Wasatch. A little spooky in winter, a super fun scramble in the summer. Ended up going back up for another alpine ascent up there Thursday, alone this time with the GoPro. The music on this one really shines through with these FXZ200's. The music sounds great with these IEM's on this one with an amp for sure. Little bit of the Pirates of the Caribbean soundtrack.

Also took these FXZ200's up there with me to listen to on the descent down the mountain, they fit great without having to adjust much at all. I use the stock large JVC tips on them. Been burning them in almost continuously over the past couple weeks and they just sound better as time goes on. Love these IEM's.

Apr 30, 2013 at 1:41 AM Post #2,783 of 3,271
Whellppp, just ordered the 200s from amazon, threw in expedited shipping. All in all, the total was $215 or so. My highest quality IEM thus far has been the Creative Aurvana 3 which have served me pretty well for the past year and a month or so but has started falling apart with the consistent daily wear.  I had looked into getting the FXT90s, and nearly did when searching for threads on em led me to this terrible, horrible, evil little thread of hype and monetary sadness. I assume I'm in for quite a treat coming from the Aurvana 3s eh?

Also, how do the 200s fare with a ZO2 Amp? If someone could give me their impressions on that, it'd be great.

I haven't done a review or write up as of yet because I don't really have any remarkable gear, but I'll likely throw in what humble impressions I have once they get in and throughout the burn in.

Apr 30, 2013 at 2:02 AM Post #2,784 of 3,271
Quote:
Whellppp, just ordered the 200s from amazon, threw in expedited shipping. All in all, the total was $215 or so. My highest quality IEM thus far has been the Creative Aurvana 3 which have served me pretty well for the past year and a month or so but has started falling apart with the consistent daily wear.  I had looked into getting the FXT90s, and nearly did when searching for threads on em led me to this terrible, horrible, evil little thread of hype and monetary sadness. I assume I'm in for quite a treat coming from the Aurvana 3s eh?

Also, how do the 200s fare with a ZO2 Amp? If someone could give me their impressions on that, it'd be great.

I haven't done a review or write up as of yet because I don't really have any remarkable gear, but I'll likely throw in what humble impressions I have once they get in and throughout the burn in.

^ Congrats meng, try not to judge them tooo hard without at least 500hrs of burn-in, cuz they might not sound that great on open box. Just a heads up, cuz these damn carbon nanotube/ carbon materials used in these FXZs take a longgggg minute to get properly broken in. So don't be gentle with them and burn the living hell out of them with fast and heavy EDM/ bass and drum music, etc. Have fun!!!

May 2, 2013 at 12:37 PM Post #2,785 of 3,271

An easy way to find them without me citing one vendor is to search for something along the lines of: Phonak Audeo Replacment Ear Guides

Recently I got my Z200.I try to put them over the ear like what you are doing.It seems like I have to switch left and right for better fit and look.Wouldn't it affect the soundstage because of the left and right channel are switched?
btw,I still can't find any place selling the black silicone ear guide you mentioned before except amazon.uk.

May 2, 2013 at 3:08 PM Post #2,786 of 3,271
Quote:
Recently I got my Z200.I try to put them over the ear like what you are doing.It seems like I have to switch left and right for better fit and look.Wouldn't it affect the soundstage because of the left and right channel are switched?
btw,I still can't find any place selling the black silicone ear guide you mentioned before except amazon.uk.

i put them over ear with the sides not inverted (so red for right and blue for left) with the coloured sides sticking out
i dont use ear guides and find the cable find for staying

May 2, 2013 at 4:10 PM Post #2,787 of 3,271
i put them over ear with the sides not inverted (so red for right and blue for left) with the coloured sides sticking out
i dont use ear guides and find the cable find for staying
Don't you feel weird when you wear them with the red and blue sticking out? I find it kinda uncomfortable cuz the tips are pointing the opposite direction comparing to I just plug them in to my ears

May 2, 2013 at 7:19 PM Post #2,788 of 3,271
Quote:
Don't you feel weird when you wear them with the red and blue sticking out? I find it kinda uncomfortable cuz the tips are pointing the opposite direction comparing to I just plug them in to my ears

i actually find it more comfortable that way than the supposed cable down way

in the original cable down way, i find the iem stem slightly aggravates the bone around my ear canal
and i find the cable easier to knock around and loosen the seal in the cable down way

May 4, 2013 at 10:51 PM Post #2,789 of 3,271
Quote:

As fuzzy said, I wear the blue and red sides out on the left and right respectively. It doesn't feel weird and fits just fine for me. As for the cable and ear guides, not all ears are made the same. Look to Earphone Solutions (they sell the Audeo ear guides) if you're having problems with the cable.

May 5, 2013 at 5:11 PM Post #2,790 of 3,271
I recently got the FXZ200 and love them.  they sound great with the soundtrack music I listen to.  and i like the overall build, including the cable, which is pretty thick and looks durable and doesn't tangle easily.  I like them much better than the UE900, sound much more dynamic and powerful.  Maybe, I'm just a dynamic over balanced armatures guy.
(I use the L3 and LLP to drive them, btw)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back