JVC HA-FXZ 100/200
Apr 7, 2013 at 12:39 AM Post #2,761 of 3,271
Quote:
Awesome post, lots of great info on these. Can't seem to pull these things out of my ears. Exactly what many have already mentioned when comparing it to a 2.1 setup. I've really enjoyed the Yamaha EPH-100 set I've got, but these sound so good it's literally hard to set them aside... the Yamahas are chilling on the desk looking pretty lonely.

After reading through this thread it seems some doubt how well these would hold up during physical activity, exercise. So far I haven't had any fit issues while moving around the house. I plan on taking them with me on a climb this weekend and I'll post back how they do if anyone is interested.

Really enjoying the track from this one on these FXZ200's.

From the Batman soundtrack, done with a GoPro while beta-testing a mount of one of my trekking poles late last fall.

Man, I love hiking. And I gotta say, that video of yours was EPIC! Wow - well done. The soundtrack fit perfectly, and I felt like I was up there with you, ready to plummet to my death. Very friggin' cool.

You compelled me to post a pic from one of my favorite areas - Garibaldi Park BC (this is a shot of Garibaldi Lake from the top of Panorama Ridge):

Apr 8, 2013 at 1:46 AM Post #2,762 of 3,271
Quote:

Man, I love hiking. And I gotta say, that video of yours was EPIC! Wow - well done. The soundtrack fit perfectly, and I felt like I was up there with you, ready to plummet to my death. Very friggin' cool.

You compelled me to post a pic from one of my favorite areas - Garibaldi Park BC (this is a shot of Garibaldi Lake from the top of Panorama Ridge):

Wow, that looks really incredible there! I've gotta get out of Utah more often after seeing that. Jealous!

Funny you mention the hiking, I didn't listen to my IEM's much over the past couple of years until I realized how valuable they are while out on the mountain. Alot of the time while I'm out there I'm alone, no one to talk to. Heading up the mountain is the fun part, however I've found the descent back down to be boring as the excitement of hitting the summit has already come and gone. Seems like the descent would always take forever being alone up there... until I started stuffing my ears with music on the way down, immersed in music. Focusing that way while heading down seemed to cut the time in half. That is one reason that brings me to head fi. Plus I've found I'm picky with sound somewhat.

Glad you liked that vid! Just got done throwing this one together tonight, this is the same summit as the prior vid but climbed during winter. Might make some folks who suffer from vertigo a bit sick... Music genre is different, a bit more aggressive. Before the Dawn, Rise of the Phoenix. These FXZ200's seem to cater different genres better than others I've noticed, though they sound really good overall.

Apr 8, 2013 at 5:57 AM Post #2,763 of 3,271
Quote:

My favourite areas too. I went up to the Black Tusk last year and really enjoyed the view and workout.

Apr 16, 2013 at 11:21 AM Post #2,765 of 3,271
Quote:
Where you can buy JVC HA-FXZ 100/200 in canada? 
L3000.gif

238$ for FXZ-200 and 220$ for FXZ-100:
http://www.shoppinginjapan.net/ha-fxz200
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-JVC-KENWOOD-Victor-HA-FXZ100-Deep-Bass-Woofer-Canal-Earphone-Headset-f-ipod-/321032763800?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item4abf0b3998

These are the cheapest options right now without signing up for Tenso or similar services
if you are willing to sign up for such services, on fromjapan.co.jp FXZ-100 will cost 180$ and FXZ-200 will cost 210$ (including shipping).

Apr 16, 2013 at 4:20 PM Post #2,766 of 3,271
Quote:
Glad you liked that vid! Just got done throwing this one together tonight, this is the same summit as the prior vid but climbed during winter. Might make some folks who suffer from vertigo a bit sick... Music genre is different, a bit more aggressive. Before the Dawn, Rise of the Phoenix. These FXZ200's seem to cater different genres better than others I've noticed, though they sound really good overall.

Ok, you're nuts! Another amazing video - well done. Amazing scenery, amazing views, scary as hell hiking terrain! Oh, and did I tell you that you're nuts lol!

Those songs are great also - I really enjoyed the 2nd (on my substitute 200s'... cks1000's). Very cool.

Quote:
My favourite areas too. I went up to the Black Tusk last year and really enjoyed the view and workout.

Yeah, Black Tusk is probably my favorite hike. Absolutely stunning.

Apr 23, 2013 at 1:43 AM Post #2,767 of 3,271
 Let's talk about overkill: PS Audio Digital Link III + Violectric V200(balanced) + FXZ200 = unbelievable bass quality/quantity. Granted I have to keep the volume way down with zero gain, but these little things can really pump out subbass. Could be smoother overall, but they're pretty new. Supposedly they burn in pretty well?

Apr 23, 2013 at 1:48 AM Post #2,768 of 3,271
Quote:
 Let's talk about overkill: PS Audio Digital Link III + Violectric V200(balanced) + FXZ200 = unbelievable bass quality/quantity. Granted I have to keep the volume way down with zero gain, but these little things can really pump out subbass. Could be smoother overall, but they're pretty new. Supposedly they burn in pretty well?

Damn, that would be pretty powerful lol!

Apr 23, 2013 at 1:59 AM Post #2,769 of 3,271

Keep beating the crap outta them with burn in, the bass gets toned down giving it better quality and quantity, which allows the mids and highs to truly shine in these. 500hrs at least I am dead serious, cuz all the inconsistent music rendition they had before is now gone. Everything sounds so sweet now with that crazy @ss sub bass. WoW!!!

These things can take a beating like no other, so burn them in on max volume on your mp3 players, etc. I went up to 165% volume on my vlc player and maxed out on volume and wave level on my lappy connected via my ele dac for the past 2 weeks and these things are finally starting to shine like crazy.

Apr 23, 2013 at 2:13 AM Post #2,770 of 3,271
 Completely agree. These things can take some serious volume and abuse. I'm hoping everything evens out a bit though. They sound great unamped, but even through my Glacier, they still sound like three separate drivers as opposed to one fluid sound (if that makes sense) and yes I know they're three different drivers.

Apr 23, 2013 at 3:02 AM Post #2,771 of 3,271
 Completely agree. These things can take some serious volume and abuse. I'm hoping everything evens out a bit though. They sound great unamped, but even through my Glacier, they still sound like three separate drivers as opposed to one fluid sound (if that makes sense) and yes I know they're three different drivers.

Ya mon' with more burn in the overall sound is gonna become much more coherent and cohesive. I wasn't really impressed with them initially and really thought these were fotm material cuz to me it didn't really live up to the hype due to it's inconsistent sound, but now I might have to revise my write up due to how they have changed as the result of more burn in.

Despite the crazy nice sub bass on these, the highs and mids becomes more forward as the result of breaking in these drivers and that woofer, hence the entire sound is much more balanced and coherent sounding now. The hype for these FXZ200s is justified and thank god they are not fotm iems. I no longer want to sell them off or trade them cuz these are keepers for sure. Pheeeeeew that was a close one almost gave up on them, but good thing that pesky ghostfits told me to continue to burn them in for 2 more weeks and here I am now, finally feeling they are worth posting about. I owe you one ghost!!!

:deadhorse:

Apr 23, 2013 at 5:10 AM Post #2,772 of 3,271

I really recommend you try the FXZ200's with a transparent and clean amp. It tightens them up a lot and improves the bass definition. I found pairing them with the Apex made them sound soft and mushy.

Apr 23, 2013 at 6:31 PM Post #2,773 of 3,271
I really recommend you try the FXZ200's with a transparent and clean amp. It tightens them up a lot and improves the bass definition. I found pairing them with the Apex made them sound soft and mushy.

Like the C&C BH :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back