JVC HA-FXZ 100/200
May 22, 2013 at 3:07 PM Post #2,806 of 3,271
I think iv answered you before the jvc's do not have overpowering bass like the hippo vb's they are a lot better in sound quality the bass is just soft bass it does not rumble in your ears who knows you might enjoy these more than the hippos so far the iem's I own that have the bass your looking for are the sony mdr xb90 these are better than the VB's also the cks1000 this seriously slam and tfta 1xb these have silly bass impact beats anything I have heard but there not made anymore

May 23, 2013 at 1:42 AM Post #2,808 of 3,271
Quote:
the fxz200 do not have more bass than the hippo vb's you will be disappointed with them, the VB slam way harder than the fx series 

Amp them and they will rumble your head off! If I hook them up to my Fiio E17 or Vorzamp duo and enable bass boost they freakin' blur my vision! Even as a serious bass head I can't handle the bass quantity with E17 on +10 for very long with the 200's!

May 24, 2013 at 10:59 AM Post #2,809 of 3,271
Really glad to see this thread fill up and get new people to FXZ's.. These puppies are so great for movies too. If you guys haven't watched a movie with these things, I suggest you do, these things pick up everything

May 29, 2013 at 5:40 PM Post #2,810 of 3,271
Can a regular iPod properly drive these IEM's, seems I'm not getting as much volume or impact out of these as I should. Granted I'm listening to these straight out of the box. And by these I mean the fxz200

May 29, 2013 at 5:54 PM Post #2,811 of 3,271
Quote:
Can a regular iPod properly drive these IEM's, seems I'm not getting as much volume or impact out of these as I should. Granted I'm listening to these straight out of the box. And by these I mean the fxz200

Yeppp, when i 1st got them straight outta my ipods they didn't sound that great due to the bass being wayyy too powerful. The mids and highs felt lacking as well initially but after you burn them in for over 500hrs and more the sound gets balanced out, which allows the highs and mids to show their true colors.  Volume on upper 80s to lower 90s straight from my ipod classic 6th gen/ ipod nano 4th gen now is more than enough to drive them. These FX200s sounded really heavy/ beefy before due to the powerful bass, but now the sound is amazingly transparent yet there is great amount of weight to the music.

It sounds ridiculous but these need at least 500hrs of full blast with EDM or bass heavy tracks to just start to break them in.  Those CNT/ Carbon drivers and woofer is crazy stiff and there are a total of 6 of them so these need some serious/intense cooking.

May 29, 2013 at 5:58 PM Post #2,812 of 3,271
Quote:
Yeppp, when i 1st got them straight outta my ipods they didn't sound that great due to the bass being wayyy too powerful. The mids and highs felt lacking as well initially but after you burn them in for over 500hrs and more the sound gets balanced out, which allows the highs and mids to show their true colors.  Volume on upper 80s to lower 90s straight from my ipod classic 6th gen/ ipod nano 4th gen now is more than enough to drive them. These FX200s sounded really heavy/ beefy before due to the powerful bass, but now the sound is amazingly transparent yet there is great amount of weight to the music.

It sounds ridiculous but these need at least 500hrs of full blast with EDM or bass heavy tracks to just start to break them in.  Those CNT/ Carbon drivers and woofer is crazy stiff and there are a total of 6 of them so these need some serious/intense cooking.

tumblr_mebmn2wvdi1rkt54ro1_500.gif

May 29, 2013 at 6:04 PM Post #2,813 of 3,271
^ HE HE HE that's why most people are missing the true glory of these FXZs. Stupid JVC needs to seriously do proper burn-in before they sell their sh!T!!!
angry_face.gif

I was initially REALLY disappointed with them esp. with all the hype and they were my 1st set of $100+ up iems. I was literally like this during my initial listening. LoL
... that's it they SUCK!!!

May 29, 2013 at 9:43 PM Post #2,814 of 3,271
Quote:
^ HE HE HE that's why most people are missing the true glory of these FXZs. Stupid JVC needs to seriously do proper burn-in before they sell their sh!T!!!
angry_face.gif

I was initially REALLY disappointed with them esp. with all the hype and they were my 1st set of $100+ up iems. I was literally like this during my initial listening. LoL
... that's it they SUCK!!!

I was so giddy when I first heard them, maybe it's because of how underhyped they were on open-box. The sound blew my mind the instant I heard them. Not only that, but I could hear the potential. I know how good they are going to sound when they are fully burned in. With my CKN70s I thought they sounded absolutely terrible on open box. But I knew how good they would sound, so I just kept waiting patiently and now they are my favorite phones. They make me hear all these flaws in the S500s unfortunately, so now I'll probably have to buy the ES700s...

May 29, 2013 at 10:27 PM Post #2,816 of 3,271
Quote:
I was so giddy when I first heard them, maybe it's because of how underhyped they were on open-box. The sound blew my mind the instant I heard them. Not only that, but I could hear the potential. I know how good they are going to sound when they are fully burned in. With my CKN70s I thought they sounded absolutely terrible on open box. But I knew how good they would sound, so I just kept waiting patiently and now they are my favorite phones. They make me hear all these flaws in the S500s unfortunately, so now I'll probably have to buy the ES700s...

the CKN70s were a lot more impressive for me on open box. So my initial impressions of these 2 iems are the exact opposite of yours. haha I still love my S500s, i like them even more so than the CKN70s me thinks. That's why they are gone, but yeah i too would love to own the ES700s. I have the old ES7s coming my way WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Quote:
The bass on these are a real treat I must admit
biggrin.gif

Yeah the bass on these slays, though it gets even more punchy and textured with more burn-in. They just sound BIG and powerful beast initial without much substance but man oh man do they transform into a lush and textured beauty later on. : P

May 30, 2013 at 4:50 PM Post #2,818 of 3,271
Quote:
The mids on the fxz200 sound a bit recessed, at least in comparison with my gr07 mk2. Will more burn in help bring those mids to life or is it just a compromise I have to live with?

burn in definitely helps- both mids and treble come forward a whole bunch with time, including much better transparency. I thought it was just brain-in until I tried switching back to some other iems I have... It most definitely turns into a more balanced sound with all frequencies equally impressive.

May 30, 2013 at 7:26 PM Post #2,819 of 3,271
Quote:
burn in definitely helps- both mids and treble come forward a whole bunch with time, including much better transparency. I thought it was just brain-in until I tried switching back to some other iems I have... It most definitely turns into a more balanced sound with all frequencies equally impressive.

^ My exact experience with my FXZ200 as well. Well said.
beerchug.gif
Once that sub beast is tamed lordy lordy these are great sounding.

May 31, 2013 at 2:39 AM Post #2,820 of 3,271
For me though it would still end up being the BH, simply because of the awesome battery life that I've never seen before in any portable amp.

You should look at the P4 warbler, running stock you can see 40hrs bearing in mind this is one of the mostppowerful portable amps around.

Just doesn't get much of a mention as it's knocking on a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back