JVC HA-FXZ 100/200
Dec 4, 2012 at 3:04 PM Post #211 of 3,271
I got both from Amazon Japan. Right as I was ordering a new listing for the FXZ100 was on Amazon that beat the Amazon sold price by a bit but I would rather have both earphones being sent from the same place..It ended up being $415 or so for both and then once Tenso gets it I am sure I will have to spend another $35 or so for shipping and handling is my guess. So overall not bad and way better than ebay prices. I was gonna go for the FXZ100 but ended up getting both. What the heck it will be the end of the world. I need to hear both earphones. On my bucket list.

Dec 4, 2012 at 3:07 PM Post #212 of 3,271
Sounds good! Having both in one or two person's hand's will be good to get the differences across. Also what the unique thing they share that has people saying they leave such a perspective altering impression. I've had that before so know the feeling and hope these have that magic as well.

Dec 4, 2012 at 3:11 PM Post #213 of 3,271
I was half way tempted to get the new CKS1000 from AT as well but then I started to realize. I would probably not touch those once I get these FXZ earphones so I skipped on them. Not too many Japanese are getting those it seems. Only one review.

I was gonna wait till my buddy goes to Japan here for Christmas but I figure this way while I will spend a bit more for shipping and such I need to figure out how this Tenso works in the long run plus I can't wait any longer..

Oh if anyone is interested. The new AT CKS99 on Amazon Japan is only $101 or so but you gotta do the whole Tenso thing. Add another $20 to that and you got a new Solid bass earphone no one has heard yet.. 

You know this Tenso if it works out is SO much of a better deal than the best deal on ebay by a mile. For example. If you guys plug away at it like I did The FXZ100 sold on Amazon Japan is around $162 now. With Tenso shipping and such I will guess that will cost around $190ish or so to get to you. Considering the best Ebay price right now is $260ish that is not bad at all. Very reasonable I would say.

Dec 4, 2012 at 4:14 PM Post #215 of 3,271
I tried but failed miserably. That raukuten japan wants some type of bank transfer.. So I tried Amazon Japan. And Amazon Japan will not except my Tenso address at all..Fail and more fail! I give up!

Hahaja glad iy worked for you. You bat me and eric. Tomorrow i am ordering the fxz100s. If you believe the fxz200 to be better i might get it too hahaha.

Dec 4, 2012 at 4:44 PM Post #218 of 3,271
Yes, I've ordered from Amazon Japan using Tenson, and it smooth sailing and seems to be the cheapest way to get Japanese-only products (this is how I got the FXD80/70). 

I will only go for the FXZ100 now (expecting the V6 any day now and I'm really enjoying the TDK IE800 so much that I will probably buy the BA200). I'm trying to say money for the GR08, which can come out anytime now. If Dsnuts really praises the FXZ200 over the Z100, I will get the Z200 somewhere down the line. Dsnuts should have his new JVCs by early or mid next week I'm betting.

Dec 4, 2012 at 4:51 PM Post #219 of 3,271
I am predicting what will be 2 different sound signatures which could be a good thing. I think it is smart for JVC to have 2 complete different takes on these FXZ earphones. One for a mainstream type sound and. One for the enthusiast perhaps. Either way I figure I was probably going to order both anyhow might as well get both of them at one shot. Just to show you guys how much of a rip off it is on ebay. The FXZ200 by itself is going for $360 for the cheapest one. I just got both for $55 more. I wanted them gold colored ones for the FXZ200 but hey at this point I will just go for whatever they give me.

Dec 4, 2012 at 5:05 PM Post #220 of 3,271
Quote:

smooth as mercury !
biggrin.gif
    ...If your music track calls for it, the bass is certainly there, it's not like construction site banging away type bass (like so many phones out there), it's like distance thunder rolling in, you'll hear the crack of the sonic boom followed by the rumble as the percussion wave spreads out.

I don't think there is any comparision, the xb90ex has got pretty good mids as well as decent treble but the bass is always predominant whereas the FXZ100 has the upper hand in all three areas, I was not able to hear any weakness, a 30 minutes audition is too short to really tell but what I heard during that short period of time convinced me that I needed to get me a pair.

I'm starting to feel bad talking so much about Boleh7's phones, which incidentally reminds me.....

Boleh7, how did the H100 audition went ?   ...and good ?

Thanks for that response, I do not mind it if it is smooth as mercury then! How is the soundstage of the fxz100? Spacious I hope?

Yes, I've ordered from Amazon Japan using Tenson, and it smooth sailing and seems to be the cheapest way to get Japanese-only products (this is how I got the FXD80/70). 

I will only go for the FXZ100 now (expecting the V6 any day now and I'm really enjoying the TDK IE800 so much that I will probably buy the BA200). I'm trying to say money for the GR08, which can come out anytime now. If Dsnuts really praises the FXZ200 over the Z100, I will get the Z200 somewhere down the line. Dsnuts should have his new JVCs by early or mid next week I'm betting.

I sure hope he gets it by tuesday of next week then! It will make an enjoyable evening for me.
I am predicting what will be 2 different sound signatures which could be a good thing. I think it is smart for JVC to have 2 complete different takes on these FXZ earphones. One for a mainstream type sound and. One for the enthusiast perhaps. Either way I figure I was probably going to order both anyhow might as well get both of them at one shot. Just to show you guys how much of a rip off it is on ebay. The FXZ200 by itself is going for $360 for the cheapest one. I just got both for $55 more. I wanted them gold colored ones for the FXZ200 but hey at this point I will just go for whatever they give me.

I wonder...would the fxz200 be made for mainstream music? That happened with Audiotechnica and the ckm77/ckm99 lineup. Though I do not think JVC will do the same as they did, unless I am wrong. Hahaha, not only that, the fxz100 from ebay costs as much as a fxz200 in amazon with shipping from tenso! $260!

Dec 4, 2012 at 5:39 PM Post #221 of 3,271
You know this Tenso if it works out is SO much of a better deal than the best deal on ebay by a mile. For example. If you guys plug away at it like I did The FXZ100 sold on Amazon Japan is around $162 now. With Tenso shipping and such I will guess that will cost around $190ish or so to get to you. Considering the best Ebay price right now is $260ish that is not bad at all. Very reasonable I would say.

how much did you get the fxz200 for?
$250 when you subtract the fxz100 from the 450 you spent?

edit:

I wonder...would the fxz200 be made for mainstream music? That happened with Audiotechnica and the ckm77/ckm99 lineup. Though I do not think JVC will do the same as they did, unless I am wrong. Hahaha, not only that, the fxz100 from ebay costs as much as a fxz200 in amazon with shipping from tenso! $260!

where did you find the fxz200 for $260? i just looked it up and they have the fxz100 for $250 and the fxz200 for $350

Dec 4, 2012 at 6:08 PM Post #222 of 3,271
Quote:
how much did you get the fxz200 for?
$250 when you subtract the fxz100 from the 450 you spent?
edit:
where did you find the fxz200 for $260? i just looked it up and they have the fxz100 for $250 and the fxz200 for $350
The fxz100 at ebay costs $250.00 without shipping. With shipping it is $250+$15.00 = $265. The fxz200 at amazon japan costs $235 without shipping. With shipping it equates to $235+$25.00 = $260.00 . More or less at $260.00 for both.

Dec 4, 2012 at 6:55 PM Post #223 of 3,271
Well I didn't get a better deal than Ds did but I ended up bargaining with a couple of eBay sellers and one did work with me enough for me to buy both from him.  Doesn't hurt to bargain since they have the prices jacked up so high that they are making a good profit even if they shave some off.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back