JVC HA-FXZ 100/200
Dec 3, 2012 at 11:18 AM Post #182 of 3,271
Quote:
I hope you don't mean smooth as sand. The ck10s that I have do that already :S. However, the highs and bass sounds very interesting...is it there any bass presence?

smooth as mercury !
biggrin.gif
    ...If your music track calls for it, the bass is certainly there, it's not like construction site banging away type bass (like so many phones out there), it's like distance thunder rolling in, you'll hear the crack of the sonic boom followed by the rumble as the percussion wave spreads out.

Quote:
ghostfit, how would you compare the xb90ex to the fxz100? I'm more interested in mids and highs, and also if the bass hass any midbass hump...

I don't think there is any comparision, the xb90ex has got pretty good mids as well as decent treble but the bass is always predominant whereas the FXZ100 has the upper hand in all three areas, I was not able to hear any weakness, a 30 minutes audition is too short to really tell but what I heard during that short period of time convinced me that I needed to get me a pair.

I'm starting to feel bad talking so much about Boleh7's phones, which incidentally reminds me.....

Boleh7, how did the H100 audition went ?   ...and good ?

Dec 3, 2012 at 11:36 AM Post #183 of 3,271
Quote:

smooth as mercury !
biggrin.gif
    ...If your music track calls for it, the bass is certainly there, it's not like construction site banging away type bass (like so many phones out there), it's like distance thunder rolling in, you'll hear the crack of the sonic boom followed by the rumble as the percussion wave spreads out.

I don't think there is any comparision, the xb90ex has got pretty good mids as well as decent treble but the bass is always predominant whereas the FXZ100 has the upper hand in all three areas, I was not able to hear any weakness, a 30 minutes audition is too short to really tell but what I heard during that short period of time convinced me that I needed to get me a pair.

I'm starting to feel bad talking so much about Boleh7's phones, which incidentally reminds me.....

Boleh7, how did the H100 audition went ?   ...and good ?

You are killing me mate... I clearly chose a bad time to return to head-fi (bad for my wallet that is). I know that you only had them for like 30 minutes, but did you happen to notice if the mids were recessed (with JVCs they usually are)?

[EDIT]
Btw, James, were art thou? 
biggrin.gif

Dec 3, 2012 at 2:32 PM Post #184 of 3,271
Sold.............  Dear lord, this one is gonna hurt
frown.gif

Ghost, are you from Singapore?

Dec 3, 2012 at 2:54 PM Post #186 of 3,271
Is there any expected release for the US?

I find it hard to pay $300+ for IEMs sold on ebay for outrageous prices. I wouldnt support their 'thrifty' high prices.

I wouldn't hold my breath. Take other higher end JVC phones for example - they still aren't officially released for American market after so long... I would just wait for price drop that will definitely happen cause no one's gonna buy it for this outrageous prices....

Dec 3, 2012 at 3:12 PM Post #190 of 3,271
If you know someone in Japan, it will be even better.

I just caught up with a friend of mine (studied in school) after 22 years! We plan to meet & everything, whoever meets first where!

But in the meantime, I cant tell you much I want to ask him to send me some stuff from Japan. I'm about to explode.
deadhorse.gif

Dec 3, 2012 at 3:28 PM Post #192 of 3,271
Quote:
My better sense won me over (that's strange). I was hovering over the buy now button like a vulture for more than an hour 
biggrin.gif
. Anyway, crisis averted for now, but i am sure someone else will catch fire soon 
wink_face.gif
. Amazon UK has them for a relatively reasonable price, but there is only one left in stock. I hope it goes out off stock before i break. 

that should be the price in us, only in dollars :D I'll consider buying it after that...

Dec 3, 2012 at 3:42 PM Post #193 of 3,271
Quote:
that should be the price in us, only in dollars :D I'll consider buying it after that...

Me too. And for me only after quite a few reviews have come through. For one thing, that would help me decide on the 100 or the 200 (or neither - I'm pretty happy with my xba3's and fxd70's).

Dec 3, 2012 at 3:52 PM Post #194 of 3,271
Quote:

Americans are so spoiled :p. In Europe we usually pay the same or even a higher numerical value in euros or pounds. And if we try to be smart and import, we always risk getting shredded by import taxes. Thus, 150 pounds or 180 euros don't sound so bad when the MSRP of the fxz100 is 180$ if i am not mistaken. Maybe the price will drop significantly in 2-3 months, but i seriously doubt i can show that much continuous self-restraint 
tongue_smile.gif
. If the first reviews from people i trust describe a sound signature to my liking, i will get it asap. Triple dynamic with microdrivers and the soundstage of a headphone? I think i got a nosebleed when i learned about it 
biggrin.gif

Dec 3, 2012 at 4:28 PM Post #195 of 3,271
Trouble is that seller is still based in hk, so customs could still be an issue.

Im on the fence with this one, im sure it's nice but id rather wait for some reviews, maybe after christmas i'll jump in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back