JVC HA-FXZ 100/200
Jan 11, 2013 at 11:31 PM Post #1,966 of 3,271
Wish LA customs would clear mine already...

Took one day to ship from Amazon to Tenso, one day to ship from Tenso to LA, two days and counting to get out of LA.

How long did it take other SoCal members here to clear customs (bobeau, jnsaudiophile)? I'm probably just being impatient.
biggrin.gif

Jan 12, 2013 at 12:23 AM Post #1,967 of 3,271
Quote:
Wish LA customs would clear mine already...

Took one day to ship from Amazon to Tenso, one day to ship from Tenso to LA, two days and counting to get out of LA.

How long did it take other SoCal members here to clear customs (bobeau, jnsaudiophile)? I'm probably just being impatient.
biggrin.gif

6 days at the customs office for me. 

Jan 12, 2013 at 12:36 AM Post #1,968 of 3,271
Quote:

Sometimes when I've ordered things from Japan and other places once they get to customs in the US there was never another update and they just showed up one day about 7 days or so after getting to US customs.  That has happened a few times so they might be on the way, I'd be looking out for them in the next couple of days.

Jan 12, 2013 at 12:47 AM Post #1,969 of 3,271
I live in So-Cal and order from Japan Often, mostly music and it takes usually 7 days to clear customs.  It's hit or miss tho, sometimes they come right thru, other times they wait.  No longer then a week tho!!

Jan 12, 2013 at 1:58 AM Post #1,970 of 3,271
Hi everyone,

So I've just  pulled the trigger thanks to you guys. My wallet is empty but I gotta tell ya that I'm HAPPY and I don't regret a tiny bit!!!
smily_headphones1.gif

My first impressions of the FXZ200:

Out of the box bass was a bit uncontrolled and boomy. I wasn't able to hear much detail out of these. Treble lacked finest resolution, since the bass was the most prominent frequency and was bleeding into the other frequencies. They sounded a bit muddy.

24 hours later they were sounding much better with tighter bass and very good treble and detail. Bass no longer bleeds into the rest of the frquency spectrum

50 hours and they almost reached the sweet spot. The kelton subwoofer shows what its worth, its just incredible the quantity and the QUALITY of the bass and there's lots of details coming from my XO2, that I never heard before from other IEMs. My IEM collection includes SM3 V2 and Westone 4 (the ones I used mostly). They're all for sale. Tells how good these FXZ200 are. Seems that these bad boys have 3 separate speakers such is the separation from bass, mids and treble. Instrument separation and imaging are superb,  3D'ish.

More impressions after the 100-200 hours.

beerchug.gif

Jan 12, 2013 at 2:35 AM Post #1,971 of 3,271
Quote:
Quote:

Sometimes when I've ordered things from Japan and other places once they get to customs in the US there was never another update and they just showed up one day about 7 days or so after getting to US customs.  That has happened a few times so they might be on the way, I'd be looking out for them in the next couple of days.

Have you gotten or are you getting any of these JVCs?

Jan 12, 2013 at 3:12 AM Post #1,972 of 3,271
Quote:
Hi everyone,

So I've just  pulled the trigger thanks to you guys. My wallet is empty but I gotta tell ya that I'm HAPPY and I don't regret a tiny bit!!!
smily_headphones1.gif

My first impressions of the FXZ200:

Out of the box bass was a bit uncontrolled and boomy. I wasn't able to hear much detail out of these. Treble lacked finest resolution, since the bass was the most prominent frequency and was bleeding into the other frequencies. They sounded a bit muddy.

24 hours later they were sounding much better with tighter bass and very good treble and detail. Bass no longer bleeds into the rest of the frquency spectrum

50 hours and they almost reached the sweet spot. The kelton subwoofer shows what its worth, its just incredible the quantity and the QUALITY of the bass and there's lots of details coming from my XO2, that I never heard before from other IEMs. My IEM collection includes SM3 V2 and Westone 4 (the ones I used mostly). They're all for sale. Tells how good these FXZ200 are. Seems that these bad boys have 3 separate speakers such is the separation from bass, mids and treble. Instrument separation and imaging are superb,  3D'ish.

More impressions after the 100-200 hours.

beerchug.gif

Nice first impressions! Happy listening!

Jan 12, 2013 at 3:30 AM Post #1,974 of 3,271
Nice impressions dimitri42, let us know more after the 200hrs mark, silver cable also needs burn-in and sometimes more than 200hrs, so yes, odds are that they will still improve even further in all areas. Probably bass can go even deeper and more micro-detail will show up. Wondering if anybody here has reached the 200hrs mark already.

Jan 12, 2013 at 3:55 AM Post #1,975 of 3,271
Yes, for the moment I am sticking with my Yamaha EPH-100. May look into getting an SM3. I've tried a few others in the $200-500, and so far non were keepers for me.

You're not a trance music lover by any chance?

Gotta say my Yamaha EPH-100s are still amazing, hence why I've not got big intentions to get the FXZs right now.

Jan 12, 2013 at 4:55 AM Post #1,976 of 3,271
For some reason I don't find FXZ100 good with trance (yet?) - I am on about 25hr usage with my FXZ100 and it is not as good for trance as say TF10, H-100, UE700, or W3 - though I found it superbly awesome for hip hop and R&B in particular

Maybe after 100+ hr usage trance will sound better?

Jan 12, 2013 at 7:54 AM Post #1,977 of 3,271
You're not a trance music lover by any chance?

Gotta say my Yamaha EPH-100s are still amazing, hence why I've not got big intentions to get the FXZs right now.

No, no trance for me, mainly dubstep and dnb. Sometimes I enjoy some vocal stuff like Kosheen, Portishead and some old school reggae. I enjoy how the EPH-100s layer all the sounds, as if each is coming from its own separate place. Did not get that with the FXZ, maybe they're a bit too forward for me. The ASG-1 was great as well, but I had the original version and the weird shouty mids made me sell them.
Laslty, the yamms are the only ones by far that somewhat resemble my home monitor setup, so as you can imagine I am trying to mimic my home rig on the go as much as possible.

Jan 12, 2013 at 8:08 AM Post #1,978 of 3,271
FXZ200 has dropped in price, when I bought my 100, the 200 was around 19500 yen, now it is 17800 yen which equates to about AUD$170

DAAAAMNNNN!!! getting harder and harder to resist...

Jan 12, 2013 at 9:04 AM Post #1,979 of 3,271
I find that the FXZ-200 excels with music that has natural bass and not too much compression (or none) in the mix:  Classical, Jazz, Blues, some Pop, Blue-Grass, Bossa… well you get my meaning.

From what I hear,  when the bass has been processed a lot, has been over compressed, or has been recorded poorly,  the experience is just painful.   This IEMs act as bass microscopes, which for me is a new experience and one that has me wondering if the sound engineers give a damn regarding how bass is recorded as long as is has the punch that low-end reproduction needs. 

Jan 12, 2013 at 9:14 AM Post #1,980 of 3,271
Ok....I think I found why the 200's (and probably the 100's too) sound so fatiguing after awhile. Just listen to either Karen Carpenter's 'Solitaire' or Emmylou Harris's 'In My Dreams' and it's VERY apparent. At the very top end of their voices there is a harsh grating overtone to each note they sing that I do not hear on ANY other headphone or IEM. I listen to the same songs on the Beyer T1's, the TF10s, IE7's and X10s and none of them have this harshness in that range. It is probably not readily apparent on other types of music but there is no escaping the hard edge I am hearing with female vocals. I have over 100 hours on the 200's so I do not expect them to get any better and I have also tried many ear tips to no avail. Thankfully the 200's partially make up for it in the rest of the spectrum. Since I read that most of the people on this thread listen to dub, trance or other forms of music, it's no wonder that nobody is noticing this issue.
triportsad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back