JVC HA-FXZ 100/200
Jan 12, 2013 at 2:44 PM Post #1,996 of 3,271
AiI got 208hrs on mine and they are totally a different animal .now the bass is so much coherent that it never bleed into the mids,the treble and soundstage improved dramatically...I love them very much now.really can't wait to see how the sound with the n3.... ph yea I'm also using skullcandy tip which works wonder for the and also helped my xba-3 very much....happy listening all and keep burning them in till 200hrs. :)

Jan 12, 2013 at 3:00 PM Post #2,002 of 3,271
Quote:

Try the extra long Meelec single flanges from the M11 tip set.

I much prefer it to the Senn biflanges, TF10 tips, stock tips, auvio tips, and pretty much everything else in my arsenal that could fit them. They are about 30% longer than the senn flanges, but have a bore that's as wide as the FXZ's opening. It maintains the advantages of the single flange, but really opens up the mids and treble.

Dweaver, I'm listening to the FXZ-100.

I'll post impressions later today after I'm done moving into my new apt. 

I just got three pair of Meelec Double Flange "Balanced Sound" tips.....very best in the 200's so far for me.  The Meelec Double Flange clear/black only come in large.  These "Balanced Sound" tips are a medium double flange (large opening)....come in a gray color!  First tips I have tried in the 200's that stay where I put them, and they do as they say, for me more "balanced sound" on my 200's......also work very well on my FXD80's, puts the bass where needed, tight and deep but not overdone!

Jan 12, 2013 at 3:10 PM Post #2,003 of 3,271
Quote:

Try the extra long Meelec single flanges from the M11 tip set.

I much prefer it to the Senn biflanges, TF10 tips, stock tips, auvio tips, and pretty much everything else in my arsenal that could fit them. They are about 30% longer than the senn flanges, but have a bore that's as wide as the FXZ's opening. It maintains the advantages of the single flange, but really opens up the mids and treble.

Dweaver, I'm listening to the FXZ-100.

I'll post impressions later today after I'm done moving into my new apt. 

Have those and will try them. Thanks eke.

Jan 12, 2013 at 3:16 PM Post #2,005 of 3,271
I have a sudden urge to buy all the tips ever.

Usually the stock m tips that iems come with are the perfect fit and seal for me but I've never tried comply foamies, or dual/triple flange tips.

anyone know where I can get a multitude of tips at reasonable cost?

Jan 12, 2013 at 4:19 PM Post #2,008 of 3,271
It's the details! The 200's reveal details and flaws I never heard in some of my favorite tracks before. I have listened to Arthur Lyman's Yellow Bird for decades but I just listened to it on the 200's. I always thought that the periodic 'crackling' noise on the extreme right was just a recording flaw but thru the 200's I now know that it is actually the creaking of the vibraphone stand! I can actually here him periodically humming along and breathing throughout the song. Those are details I have never heard with any speaker or headphone before. The 200's are so revealing that, unless the recording is well done, flaws are revealed. Impressive to say the least!

Jan 12, 2013 at 4:27 PM Post #2,009 of 3,271
Quote:
It's the details! The 200's reveal details and flaws I never heard in some of my favorite tracks before. I have listened to Arthur Lyman's Yellow Bird for decades but I just listened to it on the 200's. I always thought that the periodic 'crackling' noise on the extreme right was just a recording flaw but thru the 200's I now know that it is actually the creaking of the vibraphone stand! I can actually here him periodically humming along and breathing throughout the song. Those are details I have never heard with any speaker or headphone before. The 200's are so revealing that, unless the recording is well done, flaws are revealed. Impressive to say the least!

Compared to your T1s even?!

I can't really compare these (my DF -> 200s) to any of my higher end former rigs as it's been well over a half year before I got rid of that stuff.  For my coffee shop warrior setup it's truly remarkable. 

Jan 12, 2013 at 4:31 PM Post #2,010 of 3,271
So I tried the MEEL tips, and still for me if I want forward vocals and mids, along with great deep bass and nice highs, the Senn double-flanges still win. Then the UE900 tips, which aren't the same as the TF10 tips. The MEEL long single-flange and double flanges are nice, but seem to recess the vocals a bit when I listen. The Senn gives me a full robust - yet detailed - sound. All of these tips were  tested on the 200, not the 100 (although I imagine the same difference, but maybe the MEEL sound better on the 100). I really love the 100s, but it will be awhile before I listen to them again (it's packed away). My time will be split between the 200, V6 right now. Then the BA200, IE800 (TDK), and TDK MA600 (the IEM that Carrowong stated was second best he heard after the FXZ200 at the electronics show in Japan) will get time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back