JVC HA-FXZ 100/200
Jan 11, 2013 at 4:34 PM Post #1,951 of 3,271
Quote:
Miow. You check out a movie. Like the newer Rambo. Or any of the transformers. Then you tell me what that sounds like. If you gonna keep a phone. Keep a phone. If your gonna be a fan be a fan.

But do yourself a favor and try watching a movie. In fact. Every single one of you guys with the FXZs. Try watching something with an epic sound track on your earphones. You guys tell me what that sounds like..Do it.

I was watching The Avengers and it was fun!

Jan 11, 2013 at 4:50 PM Post #1,952 of 3,271
Quote:
Yea something like this.

i enjoyed that

Jan 11, 2013 at 4:57 PM Post #1,953 of 3,271
Quote:
Just saw its Rambo IV, sorry. Will get it tonight. I believe it will be an emotional experience.

Loved that movie!!

ps. Arrival at inward office of exchange
biggrin.gif

Jan 11, 2013 at 5:46 PM Post #1,954 of 3,271
I think my mystery tips are either the original GR07 tip or possibly a pair of tips from Dunu. In any case I have tried a pair of wider mouth tips from a Denon IEM and Sony hybrids and my mystery tip has considerably better mids and treble. The difference is quite astonishing. They go from Ok slightly lifeless sounding to extremely engaging and dynamic sounding.

Jan 11, 2013 at 5:53 PM Post #1,955 of 3,271
Post a picture. I'm sure we can help deduce what they are?

Jan 11, 2013 at 7:16 PM Post #1,958 of 3,271
Eke did you get the 100 or 200 and which tips are using?

Jan 11, 2013 at 8:05 PM Post #1,962 of 3,271
I sweat this out for a few weeks! I actually decided to go with gr07 BE. I'm hoping they will give me better sound and bass than my m2 I've been using for almot 2 years.

I really, really wanted to go with the 200's but I had enough amazon points an gift cards to get the gr07 BE for $52.

Maybe I'll be disappointed and will consider these in a few weeks. I will continue to follow this thread and try (really try) not to by the 200s in ADDITION to my new iems.

Jan 11, 2013 at 8:29 PM Post #1,963 of 3,271
Well young man>>>> BRING IT! It was only a matter of time. This doesn't beat the ASG-1 to your ears (don't answer if it isn't burned in yet). And people don't get me wrong, I still love Aurisonics, but the details in drums, guitars, vocals and (of course) bass I heard today coming home from work>>>
basshead.gif
 ... The FXZ200 is my favorite universal, period, at the moment. The V6 still has me at favorite IEM, period (but the enjoyment factor between the V6 and FXZ200 is very thin). Oh, and this sound blew me away coming from my iPod Classic with no amplifier.
Quote:

Jan 11, 2013 at 9:22 PM Post #1,964 of 3,271
OK the tips that are working wonders for me are from DUNU. The good news is the Jays single flange silicone tips look to be very similar with almost the same hole diameter and wall thickness but is slightly shorter (the very end of the stem is narrower though so will require more effort to go onto IEM nozzle).

Here is a picture of the tips I have tried, going left to right I have DUNU, Jays, Denon??, Sony Hybrid, original.

Note the hole size variances. Sound wise the originals are the worst sound wise for me which is likely due to all the fit issues I had. The Denon tips are next worst as they affect the mids and treble a lot for some reason, the hybrids are slightly better sound wise and are very comfortable (both of these tips will work well for anyone who struggle with sibilance and to much treble. The Jays and the DUNU's appear to be almost the same sound quality wise with the DUNU being the best by a very very small margin. Both of these tips allow the most treble and midrange sound from the IEM in this case. In my opinion neither are sibilant but both allow the most transparency and detail.

Jan 11, 2013 at 11:19 PM Post #1,965 of 3,271
FXZ200 makes the guitar and strings sound wonderful!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Pc0d_6n6HM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back