JVC HA-FXZ 100/200
Jan 10, 2013 at 10:05 PM Post #1,922 of 3,271
I have decided I am going to call these my Frankenbolts LOL

Jan 10, 2013 at 10:47 PM Post #1,923 of 3,271
beerchug.gif

Quote:
Finally got them.

Enjoying some Alice In Chains Unplugged.

Jan 10, 2013 at 10:47 PM Post #1,924 of 3,271
Jan 10, 2013 at 10:50 PM Post #1,925 of 3,271
Quote:
Yes, out of the box the FXZ100 impresses once you get a good fit. I imagine the bass will tighten up a bit and the treble might gain some sparkle but the general signature is pretty balanced in my opinion. Some will say they are basshead IEM's but I don't think they are as the mids and treble both keep up with the bass and they certainly don't sacrifice quality for the bass.

I can tell you, I have owned alot of high end IEM's and headphones, only a few have impressed me this much out of the box.

At about 80 to 100 hours the FXZ100's bass will really tighten up and blend in even more so with the mids and treble. It will be like a balanced sound, yet with that fantastic bass when needed.

Jan 10, 2013 at 11:25 PM Post #1,926 of 3,271
Quote:
At about 80 to 100 hours the FXZ100's bass will really tighten up and blend in even more so with the mids and treble. It will be like a balanced sound, yet with that fantastic bass when needed.

I think I might have roughly 50-70 hours and I think everything tightened up a while ago.  I did burn them in a bit with louder than normal music via my Lyr and O2.  Dono... maybe the best is yet to come?!  These already have me considering getting rid of my desktop rig. 

Jan 11, 2013 at 12:17 AM Post #1,927 of 3,271
I am going to burn mine in over night for a few days and use them during the day as I think they sound nice enough I want to use them instead of just looking at them LOL.

I tried them with my desktop amp and it does add a bit to their sound but straight from my Nokia 920 they sound pretty darn good too.

I suspect I am going to be getting rid of quite a bit of gear after listening to these...

I will say, they are more intimate sounding than other headphones and IEM's I have owned though, something that is nice but may not always be preferable. So they won't replace everything I own.

Jan 11, 2013 at 2:04 AM Post #1,928 of 3,271
Well, concerning tips for the FXZ200 you can choose from 2 different sound sigs: treble focused or bass focused (still mantaining good detail and treble's resolution). The Sony Hybrids will give you much more bass and better fit. The fischer audio's will give you better treble (more refined), but less bass and fit is hallow as they don't allow a deep insertion as the Hybrids. I ended up prefering the SONY's to give more body to vocals sacrificing treble's forwardness a bit and a deeper seal/better isolation. It's just a matter of taste. 

For strange that it appears to you, the SONY Hybrids will reveal more micro-detail as they insert very deep into your ear canal like a custom made tip. For me, in my opinion, they're the real deal for these IEMs and easy to find on ebay. They also make the sub sound like a sub.

Concerning the 2.1 speakers, thats not true, they sound like any other IEM (just better). They don't even sound like an headphone, but an IEM. What they really are :)

I was sold for the 2.1, so do not expect that, or you'll be disappointed They sound like any other IEM sounds, just more detailed and with much more bass. There's NO ear massage as they're inside your ears, so you can't feel the drivers moving as with a full size can.

Cheers!!
beerchug.gif

Jan 11, 2013 at 5:50 AM Post #1,929 of 3,271
Got something new for you FXZ trance lovers out there.
My TRANCE.FM EOYC mix has been uploaded to SoundCloud, its now available for you to listen and download a 320kbps copy as well for portable listening. 
gs1000.gif

Find it here:
https://soundcloud.com/liftedandreas/dj-lifted-andreas-trancefm-eoyc-2012-mix

Enjoy! 
bigsmile_face.gif

Jan 11, 2013 at 6:53 AM Post #1,930 of 3,271
Quote:
Got something new for you FXZ trance lovers out there.
My TRANCE.FM EOYC mix has been uploaded to SoundCloud, its now available for you to listen and download a 320kbps copy as well for portable listening. 
gs1000.gif

Find it here:
https://soundcloud.com/liftedandreas/dj-lifted-andreas-trancefm-eoyc-2012-mix

Enjoy! 
bigsmile_face.gif

I loved it. It sounds great with the FXZ-200. Thx for sharing.

Jan 11, 2013 at 7:30 AM Post #1,931 of 3,271
Quote:

I loved it. It sounds great with the FXZ-200. Thx for sharing.

No worries, glad you enjoyed it!

Feel free to spread the word mate, and download it if you can.

Sounds even better in 320kbps. 
L3000.gif

Jan 11, 2013 at 11:35 AM Post #1,935 of 3,271
Quote:
It stands for "HA! They only cost $225, and they kick the crap out of your $400 IEMs"

No kidding! I've only listened for 2-3 hours now and have quickly become addicted to their sound. It's difficult to think about how much money I've spent to arrive at this point- Dsnuts was right, I think these will be "the ones" 
etysmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back