JVC HA-FX850 iem. Woody
Apr 28, 2014 at 5:21 PM Post #264 of 578
But yeah I'm still unsure on the 750s as I don't want to be left disappointed. 
I was just going off what james444 told me via PM:

"Hi there, yes fit may be a concern in your case, since their housings are pretty large. Particularly if you like to wear them downwards. A friend of mine with smaller ears tried my FX850/750 and he had less issues with them over-ear. The nozzle is angled in a way that places the earpieces almost parallel to your ear in that case, and you don't have to fit the whole diameter of the housing. For some reason he even preferred the 850 over 750 for comfort.

But downwards and small ears is potentially problematic, sorry to say."

Out of all the IEMs I've used, the XBA-H1 was the only one that the housing size caused a problem. It hasn't been a problem with the SoundMAGIC E10, JVC HA-FX101, Xiaomi Piston or the Zero Audio Carbo Basso.

Apr 29, 2014 at 11:37 AM Post #267 of 578
hey nobody tried that tip mod with the Sony Hybrids yet? The FX700 I owned earlier really shined after that tip mod, I wonder how it would sound with the FX850. Got an FX850 coming in tomorrow!! gonna find out soon enough..

May 1, 2014 at 2:30 AM Post #269 of 578
blown away.

Its like an FX700, just 3x better.

By the way... I wasn't referring to the j444 mod.

The Sony Hybrid tip mod i'm talkin bout consists of literally bringing the driver/speaker closer to your ear.

So you basically cut HALF of the inside of a Sony Hybrid (THE PART THAT WRAPS AROUND THE BORE)

-Essentially, when you CUT that tiny piece off, and then put the sony hybrid tip back on, it brings the speaker closer (the best would be directly on the edge) to the edge of the tip. So there's no 'hollowness' inside the tip.

Its speaker to ear. Nothing in between.

IMO it brings the details forward. (mids/treble) and therefore balances out the bass with the rest of the spectrum.

its worth a try....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back