JVC HA-FW01 - The New Top End Wood Driver IEM (2017)
Nov 2, 2017 at 8:04 AM Post #436 of 780
With EQ settings as shown in the picture, I get well balanced sound. Good bass, mids and treble clarity. Vocals are good too.

Build quality is very good. Ear piece is made up of metal. Black/ gold color combination looks very nice.
Thank you sir ,
I can guess without EQing it is more focused on the low frequencies (bass heavy) with good clarity ,

Nov 2, 2017 at 7:04 PM Post #438 of 780
Can anyone comment on the comfort between the new design and the 850 design? I wear IEMs all day at work but the 850s were too heavy pulling on my inner ear. I really liked the sound but too much fatigue. Same with the 1more quads. Too heavy for extended use.

Nov 3, 2017 at 12:58 AM Post #439 of 780
Have a feeling this would not be an upgrade to fw01 but rather a different signature...maybe more focused on resolution and clarity.

Yes, I believe you are right on this.

Nov 3, 2017 at 4:00 PM Post #441 of 780
Are the FW-01 supposed to worn down,or,around ear??

Mike

They are designed to be worn down. You can wear them around the ear, but you have to switch the left and right earphone so the nozzle fits correctly in the ear. Doing this, the cables are switched as well for correct channel placement, left channel with right ear piece and right channel with left.

The FD01 looks to have a rotatable nozzle so it can be worn either way.

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2017 at 4:36 PM Post #444 of 780
You can wear them around the ear, but you have to switch the left and right earphone so the nozzle fits correctly in the ear.

Depending on outer ear size and angle of the canal, you might not need to switch sides. Personally, I can get a shallow but secure fit without switching sides. The earpieces don't stick out as much and are almost aligned with my outer ear. In fact, that's my favorite way of wearing these. Unfortunately not doable for everyone... but worth a try, imho.

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2017 at 11:05 AM Post #447 of 780
Can anyone comment on the comfort between the new design and the 850 design? I wear IEMs all day at work but the 850s were too heavy pulling on my inner ear. I really liked the sound but too much fatigue. Same with the 1more quads. Too heavy for extended use.

Can anyone comment on extended wearing comfort?

Nov 7, 2017 at 12:47 PM Post #448 of 780

The FW01 is not a lightweight IEM, but it is smaller than the FX850. One of the design goals by JVC was to change the center of gravity on the FW01 to make it more comfortable. I owned the FX850 and the FX1100, and I felt the FW01 was more comfortable.

If you’re open to another suggestion in a dynamic design, I heartily recommend the Sennheiser IE 800. Fantastic performance in a lightweight design. With the recent introduction of the IE 800S, I imagine there will be some used IE 800s in the For Sale forum.

Nov 7, 2017 at 1:07 PM Post #449 of 780
The FW01 is not a lightweight IEM, but it is smaller than the FX850. One of the design goals by JVC was to change the center of gravity on the FW01 to make it more comfortable. I owned the FX850 and the FX1100, and I felt the FW01 was more comfortable.

If you’re open to another suggestion in a dynamic design, I heartily recommend the Sennheiser IE 800. Fantastic performance in a lightweight design. With the recent introduction of the IE 800S, I imagine there will be some used IE 800s in the For Sale forum.

Thanks. I purchased the Sony N3's and the RHA T20i just recently and pretty happy with those for now. The 800's are more than I want to spend I think at least at the Amazon price. I liked the FX850's sound signature so still interested in the FW01. Looks like you can get grey markey for $300 on ebay currently.

Nov 7, 2017 at 1:13 PM Post #450 of 780
Thanks. I purchased the Sony N3's and the RHA T20i just recently and pretty happy with those for now. The 800's are more than I want to spend I think at least at the Amazon price. I liked the FX850's sound signature so still interested in the FW01. Looks like you can get grey markey for $300 on ebay currently.

Understand. Congrats on your recent purchase, and keep in mind that eBay prices can reflect counterfeit goods. The IE 800 is a notable example of this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back