JVC HA-FW01 - The New Top End Wood Driver IEM (2017)
Nov 15, 2017 at 6:40 AM Post #466 of 780
Anybody else, like me, thinking of going with the FD02 plus a better cable route?? Don't seem to be much different in the quality of housing and drivers and zero spec differences. I know the FD01 has the quad cable and the FD02 doesn't but doubt the cable is really that much better. Similar to the AT CKR's where the 90 doesn't have the quad cable and the CKR100 does but someone got an Null Ethos cable(only $50) and really likes the improvement over the CKR100 cable. Don't think they would forsake enough profit that a decent brand cable won't be still better and you can still have options like choosing straight or RA plug etc. Of course I like that the FD02 plug is RA and if a bit lower res it can be good for podcasts or other non critical listening and for sports use/beater cable type of thing. Another reason to get a cable is JVC always seems to use sheathing that stiffens like mad in cold weather so can't trust this will be any different here.

As far as the Spiral Dot+, they can be bought after and I didn't like the first gen enough to keep them when I had them. Again, if they are somehow amazing this time they can be had later on. All the other accs. are the same so no loss with the FD02.

With the filters, whether real or imagined, I have the screw in filters narrowing the path of the sound through the bore more and worry about it. Plus more little pieces of stuff to keep around in the drawer. I already have plenty of tips to try and Ostry filter tips and BGVP tuning cables that do a nice job so, for me, tuning can already be done and something like the BGVP "B" mids cable does really give more mids(w/o bass amount difference) which I haven't heard done well in a front screw in tuning implementation and I have had 4 of those so far.

Since they don't have worse specs, don't remove the MMCX, or the nozzle adjustment, or swap for a crappier case etc., I think I am going the FD02/m choice of cable route for the same or less $$ than the FD01.

I've been toying with this idea too (going with the FD02) but ultimately decided against it and pre-ordered the FD01. I'm the kind of guy who likes to play with driver damping to taylor the stock sound to personal needs, and I'm thinking that removable nozzles will give me more leeway than fixed nozzles to do that.

As a side note, Amazon Japan has a 10% promo discount on both the FD01 and FD02 if you start a free 30-day prime trial.

Nov 15, 2017 at 9:14 AM Post #467 of 780
Couldn't get a seal. I sit with IEMs in my ears for most of the day at the office. They need to be comfortable for long periods of time.

It was more of a dull pain from a pressure point I couldn't get comfortable.
I too had a bit of this in the beginning, but I’ve changed the tips to Comply foam, and it’s much better now.

Dec 21, 2017 at 11:08 AM Post #474 of 780
I haven’t heard anything new.

Dec 21, 2017 at 11:39 AM Post #477 of 780
That's a great news , how much they have a price tag ,
Can you please share the link ,??

It's $529 through Amazon US from a third-party seller. I didn't look any further.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back