JVC DX1000 to be discontinued?
Dec 3, 2007 at 10:36 PM Post #16 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3x331m /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You could have said that they're the best closed phones, and about to be discontinued.
tongue.gif

Lols, I was trying to throw some ice water in the lap of the hype-machine
biggrin.gif

Dec 3, 2007 at 11:12 PM Post #17 of 44
I got mine from audio cubes 3 days after i ordered it! I really do enjoy mine, most comfortable so far and ive been through about a half dozen $300-600 cans. I do have a set of Edition 9s in the mail though, if i like them i will be selling my dx1000s most likely.

Dec 3, 2007 at 11:55 PM Post #18 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Noobzor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got mine from audio cubes 3 days after i ordered it! I really do enjoy mine, most comfortable so far and ive been through about a half dozen $300-600 cans. I do have a set of Edition 9s in the mail though, if i like them i will be selling my dx1000s most likely.

If you like transparency and clarity, you'd like the E9.

Dec 4, 2007 at 12:27 AM Post #19 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3x331m /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you like transparency and clarity, you'd like the E9.

Makes it a whole lot harder waiting for the delivery guy now! Haha, i hear the bass is nice on these.

Dec 17, 2007 at 12:25 AM Post #21 of 44
No say it isn't soooo! Since i have started Head fi and discovered the bliss of audio heaven i set my sites on the Dx1000 as a goal of mine for the summer cash im getting. But if its going to be discontinued i think that will drive me just than much further to try and get them and finish by quest for audio bliss. I've heard so much about them and am willing to put my wallet under the guillotine for it.

Dec 17, 2007 at 12:36 AM Post #22 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The longer I have owned the DX1000, the more I have liked them. I use them with my Darkvoice 337, and it's just awesome sound.

Rob, how do you like 'em compared to your various darths and denon woodies? i really like these cans so far and at the ny meet last month they held their own very nicely against ed9s, l3ks, and hp2s (impression, not a definitve long term listening test!). they're a very comfortable phone too!
folks buy 'em up now while you can (leetle pun, eh?). mebbe you can convince jvc to keep makin' 'em. or mebbe they'll become one of those legendary high end phones once they've been d/c'd and they're value will take off
wink.gif

Dec 17, 2007 at 1:35 AM Post #24 of 44
I prefer the DX1000 over the Denon D5000 and over the normal Darth Beyers. I do like the deep-cup Darth Beyers better, but the DX1000's have continued to get more and more playing time for me over the year I have now owned them - really, really like them.

Dec 17, 2007 at 1:52 AM Post #25 of 44
Quote:

I prefer the DX1000 over the Denon D5000 and over the normal Darth Beyers.

So do I. It would be a real shame if they were to be discontinued.

Dec 17, 2007 at 2:17 AM Post #26 of 44
It would indeed be sad to lose another hi-end option. Unfortunately the biggest problem with these phones is that they are damned expensive. I know, I know.... but there it is.

We all lament the passing of flagships, statements etc. but the simple fact is they don't sell very well due to cost and competition with better and better lower price phones. How many of us can honestly say we'd spend $1,000 - 4,000 on one set of cans? Not many in overall numbers that's for sure and then split that between the makers and you end up with tiny numbers. I wouldn't own either of my K1000s if they'd cost over $1,000. I'd like an Omega II and TakeT as well but it's not likely to happen at those prices.

Let's hope it's just a nasty rumor. I like to know they're there even if I can't afford them.

Dec 17, 2007 at 3:55 AM Post #28 of 44
Quote:

I prefer the DX1000 over the Denon D5000 and over the normal Darth Beyers. I do like the deep-cup Darth Beyers better, but the DX1000's have continued to get more and more playing time for me over the year I have now owned them - really, really like them.

Well damn, now I might have to get a pair.
Damn you, Head-Fi.

Dec 17, 2007 at 6:01 AM Post #29 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well damn, now I might have to get a pair.
Damn you, Head-Fi.

way to go! oh, and sorry about your wallet....
wink.gif
tongue.gif
eek.gif
biggrin.gif

Dec 17, 2007 at 5:15 PM Post #30 of 44
I finally broke down and just now ordered a shiny new DX1000 from AudioCubes.
And I just saw my wallet going out the front door, carrying a suitcase!
Looks bad....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back