Just won the DT480!!!
Mar 29, 2009 at 7:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 74

kool bubba ice

Headphoneus Supremus
I know others got some really great deals on theirs.. But 100 isn't too bad from what I read about them.. Will compare to my DT48 models..

Dclancy

I just couldn't contain myself! Had to tell some folks who'd understand, but I'm in aural nirvana right now with these cans on.
Just received the Apogee mini-dac in the mail today, I'm not even using an external amp, just the so-so hp jack, and all I can say i wow. Voices and instruments more defined, no longer small and unrefined. Greater separation. The sometimes peaky highs (cymbals and such) are more nuetral. Well, that last one was a cool feature, a smashing hat always sounded like it came from outer space, almost distractingly so.
Listening to Jenny Lewis Acid Tongue is pure joy. Gonna shut up and listen now, had to brag.

Mar 29, 2009 at 7:53 PM Post #2 of 74
can u post some pics..

never heard of it.

Mar 29, 2009 at 7:55 PM Post #4 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
can u post some pics..

never heard of it.

They look like the DT150.. They are from 1972.. They have a detachable cable, so I will be upgrading if I like the sound.

Mar 29, 2009 at 8:21 PM Post #6 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dclancy

I just couldn't contain myself! Had to tell some folks who'd understand, but I'm in aural nirvana right now with these cans on.
Just received the Apogee mini-dac in the mail today, I'm not even using an external amp, just the so-so hp jack, and all I can say i wow. Voices and instruments more defined, no longer small and unrefined. Greater separation. The sometimes peaky highs (cymbals and such) are more nuetral. Well, that last one was a cool feature, a smashing hat always sounded like it came from outer space, almost distractingly so.
Listening to Jenny Lewis Acid Tongue is pure joy. Gonna shut up and listen now, had to brag.

Hehehe...did you try the K701 with the Apogee??

Mar 30, 2009 at 4:45 AM Post #12 of 74
Congrats! Really looking forward to a comparison to the DT-48 models. Will this be another vintage Beyer to put on my eBay search-list?

Mar 30, 2009 at 4:57 AM Post #13 of 74
Man, I really hope so. From Dclancys pov, they scale very well with better amping.. And has a nice 'suction' fit on your ears creating a air tight seal, which creates a dead space. Just para phrasing.

Mar 30, 2009 at 11:59 AM Post #15 of 74
I bet the seller's happy he finally sold it. It's been listed since January.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back