Just want to post my feelings..
Jun 17, 2011 at 3:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Impulsive

100+ Head-Fier
I bet you know what i will be talking about.
Finally, few days after new DAC and headphones arrived, i kept listening to the music.
I love music, it's my relax, it's supporting my thoughts, affecting me in every positive way..and when i am in deppresion, it's affecting me in every negative way but i love listening to sad music, when i feel sad. I think that's normal.
Frustration always go away at some point.
But what i wanted to say is, that finally i can say, money i put into headphones and DAC was worth it in every possible way.
It's about third day, i found myself totally relaxing, taken away from this world, all problems vanished for the time i was listening to my favourite music. It even cant be called relax, i literally stop noticing time, like time does not exist for me.
It was even graduated today, when i played U2 - With or Without You...it's now playing like..4 or 5th time and i think it will be my no.1 this evening.  Literally music is taking me away, i never had this feeling...Till now, i enjoyed music..but i always knew where i am, what time is it, what's going on and i was thinking about various things.
Now, music carry me to totally different level.
It clears my head and force me not to think about anything..and i love it. Just close my eyes, dim light, plays music at slightly silent level than i listen to usually and i am carried away.
And these 600 ohm beyers are still unamped on e-mu 0204!
I am pushing into them pink noise every night, now has about 72 hours and i think they are in perfect condition.
They improved really huuuuuge.

So, i am looking forward to your opinions and expressions.
I bet i am not alone.
I just wanted to say that paying for expensive equipment was definitely worth it.

Jun 17, 2011 at 3:50 PM Post #2 of 9
You've started on a path that will become increasingly dangerous for your wallet.  Congrats. 
tongue.gif

Wait until you get the itch to pick up an amp.

Jun 17, 2011 at 3:54 PM Post #3 of 9
Pretty sure everyone here got here because at some point in their lives, music became their legal "drugs". An escape from reality, if you will.

My most relaxing moment was when I was in Hawaii last month. Sitting on the hotel room balcony overlooking the beach, the ATH-M50 on my head, my iPhone on one hand playing dubstep songs, and a bottle of Corona on the other.

Jun 17, 2011 at 3:55 PM Post #4 of 9
Well, I started this path when i discovered head-fi.
Now i am satisfied with this gear, it brings me to totally another level.
I have amp choosen, it will be either Little Dot MK III or Mk IV.
Dilemma is that now i have money for MK III but i want MK IV so ...yea...wallet sux

Jun 17, 2011 at 4:34 PM Post #5 of 9

are the m50s good for dubstep? THey beatdown my grados but they can handle it. I was recently looking at various ultrasones since I heard they are good for electronic genres.

Quote:
Pretty sure everyone here got here because at some point in their lives, music became their legal "drugs". An escape from reality, if you will.

My most relaxing moment was when I was in Hawaii last month. Sitting on the hotel room balcony overlooking the beach, the ATH-M50 on my head, my iPhone on one hand playing dubstep songs, and a bottle of Corona on the other.

Jun 17, 2011 at 4:37 PM Post #6 of 9
Head-Fi... single-handedly jumpstarting America's economy.

Glad you like your set up!

Jun 17, 2011 at 5:29 PM Post #8 of 9
Music is quite relaxing.. I have severe ADD or something. Sometimes when I'm listening to my favorite music, I just start daydreaming.. Drifting away so much that for a second, I forget where I am. I suddenly snap back to my senses and look around a bit, wondering if I just fell asleep. It's quite strange o.O.

My AD700s were kind of scary when I was first getting used to them. I was really tired and drifting away to some music I knew quite well on my older 'phones. Suddenly, I heard a very quiet scream that was part of the music which I never caught before on my previous headphones. It scared the heck out of me because it sounded like it was far away on my left, but in the same room. Soundstage is amazing o.o.

Good luck in acquiring an amp, Impulsive. I was actually thinking about starting with a Little Dot as well. They're nice and cheap.

Jun 17, 2011 at 6:08 PM Post #9 of 9
It depends, I guess. Full-blown bassheads that like to focus on the wob-wob-wob of dubstep songs should probably look onto other bassier cans. I prefer to hear as much detail as possible while still bobbing my head to the bass line, and the M50's do that well for me.

Quote:
are the m50s good for dubstep? THey beatdown my grados but they can handle it. I was recently looking at various ultrasones since I heard they are good for electronic genres.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back