Just received an empty box from J&R instead of Senn 650s...
Aug 25, 2006 at 2:10 PM Post #16 of 95
Take very detailed notes and prepare to take this up with your credit card company if things go downhill. Chargebacks get attention.
plainface.gif

Aug 25, 2006 at 2:12 PM Post #17 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbriant
If the package was weighed before shipping, that may be a way to prove the headphones weren't there. Of course it's likely J&R have automatic weight measurements or shipping costs for each product in their computers, or weight wasn't a factor in this particular shipping method. Still, it's worth looking at.

Bingo..

Sorry man, hope this works out for you soon, keep us posted
frown.gif

Aug 25, 2006 at 2:43 PM Post #18 of 95
UPDATE. I just called J&R and talked to a rep. and found out that when they get the headphones from SENN. They can't look to see if the headphones are in the box because then it would be an open box idem. So with that in mind I think the problem is with Senn. and a possible thief in the co.

My order is in prossing to send me a pair of 650 today or MONDAY. This is while the investigation is still in progress. I think J&R are a reputable co.

Aug 25, 2006 at 2:50 PM Post #19 of 95
That sounds like the most likely explanation. Very strange indeed. At first, I thought it might be someone in the J&R shipping department helping themselves but if your Senn box was still sealed, it had to be at Senn. Odd but I can't remember if my senn box had any sort of seal. I'll have to check when I get home but this is my third pair of Senn phones and I can't remember if any had a seal of some kind. Anyone know for sure?

Still I'm sure J&R will make it right. No way this happens to two folks without there being a problem somewhere. I feel for you guys!

Aug 25, 2006 at 3:17 PM Post #20 of 95
That is strange I recently got a package with two Senns and no boxes...
basshead.gif

Just joking. Usually with a serious company things should work out without any real problems. Hope you guys get your cans soon.

Aug 25, 2006 at 4:25 PM Post #21 of 95
heh.. sorry to hear that. i know how you would feel. that happened to me once. i bought a pair of hd600s, straight from sennheiser, and they sent me an empty box. i talked to the supervisor or someone with some kind of authority and explained. they apologized and sent me a pair, along with a free spare cable(which i had it ordered along with hd600s), via ups 3day..

hope everything goes well with you..

Aug 25, 2006 at 4:49 PM Post #22 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by KenW
That sounds like the most likely explanation. Very strange indeed. At first, I thought it might be someone in the J&R shipping department helping themselves but if your Senn box was still sealed, it had to be at Senn.

My Senn box was wide open. Shoddily closed back also, with the flaps all folded in and whatnot. I knew someone had been in the box as soon as I opened it as soon as I got the shipping cardboard open, but I didn't expect to open Senn's hinged box and only find empty foam inside.

I even looked in there a couple times after I put it down. Could I have missed them somehow?
rolleyes.gif

I wonder, also, even if I get this rectified, how this affects the return policy. J&R I believe gives you 21 days to demo headphones. I've wasted 9 of those days already and don't even have the headphones. Sounds like it's going to be at *least* 4 more days before I get them--probably longer. I don't even know if I'm really going to like these things yet. I heard the 650s at a meet--but not in my rig and not coming out of a headfive (everything at the meet was super high-end).

Anyway, I doubt the return policy starts from the day you *received* the headphones, I'm sure it starts from the day you ordered them.

Aug 25, 2006 at 5:26 PM Post #24 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks
My Senn box was wide open. Shoddily closed back also, with the flaps all folded in and whatnot. I knew someone had been in the box as soon as I opened it as soon as I got the shipping cardboard open, but I didn't expect to open Senn's hinged box and only find empty foam inside.

I even looked in there a couple times after I put it down. Could I have missed them somehow?
rolleyes.gif

I wonder, also, even if I get this rectified, how this affects the return policy. J&R I believe gives you 21 days to demo headphones. I've wasted 9 of those days already and don't even have the headphones. Sounds like it's going to be at *least* 4 more days before I get them--probably longer. I don't even know if I'm really going to like these things yet. I heard the 650s at a meet--but not in my rig and not coming out of a headfive (everything at the meet was super high-end).

Anyway, I doubt the return policy starts from the day you *received* the headphones, I'm sure it starts from the day you ordered them.

they should at least give you an extra 21 days to try them out.

Aug 25, 2006 at 5:48 PM Post #25 of 95
This is terrible, you'd think they would notice that a box is quite a bit lighter than usual, before sending it out.

At the same time, I'd like to put in a kind word for J&R, since I bought plenty of things from them, shipped to Canada too at that, and never an issue. They have great CSRs too.

I hope this issue gets resolved asap.

Aug 25, 2006 at 6:12 PM Post #26 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by t10
This is terrible, you'd think they would notice that a box is quite a bit lighter than usual, before sending it out.

I don't know how heavy these phones really are, but the box itself has weight to it. When I picked the box up I didn't think to myself "whoa, this is light". It's pretty substantial.

Maybe Senn should go to clear plastic or something...

Aug 25, 2006 at 6:15 PM Post #27 of 95
OK Floks: I just got a phone call from J&R that the 650 headphones are shipping out this afternoon by red label overnight shipping but UPS don't work here on SAT. So MONDAY they will be here. Also he is calling tomjonesrocks right after my phone call and do the same for him. I am hoping it is tomjonesrocks who he is calling. tomjonesrocks please post if you got the call from them.

Oh the problem lays with Senn. Co and quality control.

Aug 25, 2006 at 6:21 PM Post #28 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by t10

At the same time, I'd like to put in a kind word for J&R, since I bought plenty of things from them, shipped to Canada too at that, and never an issue. They have great CSRs too.

I hope this issue gets resolved asap.

Agreed, never had a caveat with J/R..always on it, and their client service is on the ball too. Hopefully, this matter on QC can be escallated to the appropriate level top down from Senn, to correct this issue..

Aug 25, 2006 at 6:57 PM Post #29 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by LTUCCI1924

Oh the problem lays with Senn. Co and quality control.

I seriously doubt the problem lies with Sennheiser. We have NEVER received an empty HD650 box. In fact, we have never received any box from Sennheiser without the headphones inside. They have excellent quality control.

Aug 25, 2006 at 7:21 PM Post #30 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamey
I seriously doubt the problem lies with Sennheiser. We have NEVER received an empty HD650 box. In fact, we have never received any box from Sennheiser without the headphones inside. They have excellent quality control.

i have
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back