Just received an empty box from J&R instead of Senn 650s...
Aug 29, 2006 at 3:21 PM Post #91 of 95
Pretty much the same situation with me. I called my rep today and he said they'd ship me out some 650s today that I'd receive tomorrow, and when I hammered away at the inconvenience of all this he offered $25 off my next order (if I ever order from them again). They would not discount *this* order as the previous user somehow managed to convince them to do. They are giving me a new invoice number though which should reset my 21 day return period.

My rep said that "about 20" people were affected by this--and their claim is they received empty boxes from Sennheiser. It seems that there's a far greater chance they have someone on the take internally (especially as there's a guy here with a missing Ipod also and that Headroom said that they seriously doubted Sennheiser would be to blame). At the same time, someone in this thread also said they received an empty direct from Sennheiser, so the shrinkage could be occurring anywhere I suppose. So really no way to confirm or deny that one.

Anyway--if I'm reading this as a head-fi member I'd still seriously consider ordering from another vendor. This is a PITA to deal with. And you might get "Grace" over there at J&R when you try to settle this (which is good if you want to listen to a "head-moving-side-to-side-oh-no-you-didn't" Phylicia Rashad impression--but not so good if you want actual customer service assistance).

Sep 27, 2006 at 1:14 PM Post #92 of 95
Sorry to bring this thread back up, but I think I might have another empty box in progress. My HD650 just shipped today from ZipZoomFly, and the weight indicated says 2.0lbs. Maybe they shipped an incorrect item? It's shipped via Fedex 2day.

Sep 27, 2006 at 2:06 PM Post #93 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by Schalldämpfer
Sorry to bring this thread back up, but I think I might have another empty box in progress. My HD650 just shipped today from ZipZoomFly, and the weight indicated says 2.0lbs. Maybe they shipped an incorrect item? It's shipped via Fedex 2day.

Oh man, the plot thickens.

I sure hope this isn't a new trend in internet commerce scams, because I do about 90% of my shopping online. I would be one unhappy little camper if I had to start going back into overpriced brick and mortar stores to buy my toys. Please keep us posted...

Sep 27, 2006 at 2:31 PM Post #94 of 95
As somewho loves shopping at J&R in person, and has dealt with thier return policy with a scanner (which I returned because it sucked, nothing was wrong with it, it was just too crappy), I gotta say I would never order anything online from them.
The place is like a cross between a third-world outdoor market and the DMV. It fun because it's such a rangey mad-house (the clearance room has just insane deals from time to time), and the security you must deal with when trying to get your money back is lengthy and beaurocratic. It's very New York, very unscrupulous, and if you want customer service you need to be able to get in their face.
Aside from Adorama and B&H, I think it's a pretty good policy to just not do business with tri-state mail order companies. I've been burned myself!

Sep 27, 2006 at 3:09 PM Post #95 of 95
ETA tomorrow, September 28th 4:30 PM. I'll post when it gets here... or if it doesn't. Could Sennheiser maybe have switched to a different packaging?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back