Just ordered Woo6SE. Now I need a recommendation for cans
Sep 21, 2011 at 5:29 AM Post #16 of 19

Quote:

Nice! Amp before headphones. Don't worry about 6SE vs WA2. I've heard the 6SE, and any more lush, romantic, or tooby would be just wrong.

Strange how we hear totally different. My Woo6se could not sound any less tubey or romantic.
What source were you using?

Sep 21, 2011 at 6:02 AM Post #17 of 19
In terms of LCD 2, I should say you need special tubes to bring the full potential of it. normall tubes will smooth everything out. u will lose like 5% percentage of bass compare to solid state amp. but the mids are absolutely beautiful.

WA 6 SE works really well with Ed.8 and T1.  It gives you really bright sound for D7000. But it seems to be really good dealing with bright cans. So I would say T1 is a really safe choice for you. if you cannot stand brightness. leave HD800 alone.

Sep 21, 2011 at 10:27 AM Post #18 of 19

Quote:
Strange how we hear totally different. My Woo6se could not sound any less tubey or romantic.
What source were you using?

Context was in relative comparison to WA2. Any more "tubey, lush" (WA2), would be too much for me. I always preferred more "solid-state" sounding tube implementations anyways.

Jun 30, 2012 at 7:25 PM Post #19 of 19
You can check for used T1's for sale. Sometimes Amazon has had new T1's for sale for about $1,000. I really love the T1's with my Woo 6se.
Jack Woo has also given me useful advice on tube selection. If you get an Audeze LCD 2, he can help with tube recommendations since they sell both T1's and Audeze LCD 2 's.  I have listened to Audese LCD 1's on loan with my SE6. I love the bass and midrange but the treble is too restricted. I have read that this has been corrected and improved with the LCD 2's. I might get a pair in the future.  Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back