Just in, Grado 325i's ROCK
Feb 9, 2008 at 1:44 PM Post #46 of 52
@mathmanx: glad your digging the 325's; I too enjoy the fact that I can listen (RS1's) at very low volumes while still getting the full picture; I think that quality is a byproduct of the legendary Grado detail. Whatever, I love it too.

@headphonejunkie: when getting to know my RS1's ... I too felt at times the sound changed or my source changed or something like that. I think in my own case it was simply mental or some quality having to do with the particular track I was listening to.

Also ... to you guys and other Grado owners who are curious about an easy way to experiment with adjusting the default high frequency image (the typically in your face Grado and too much for some listeners sound) ... then check out the simple Radio Shack mod I posted earlier today: Grado Shack Hack.

I'm finding that varieties of that mod can extremely affect the sound of my Grados towards the improvement of warmth, smooth delivery of overall sound and especially curbing the bright/sharp highs a bit.

Feb 9, 2008 at 1:48 PM Post #47 of 52
Some tracks do sound warmer and have more body than others.More so with these cans than with my 225's or 80's.

Feb 9, 2008 at 3:09 PM Post #48 of 52
The speed and dynamics on these cans is phenominal. My 225's did not have this type of dynamics or speed. Perhaps that is why the 225's have a warmer sound to them.

Feb 11, 2008 at 12:34 PM Post #49 of 52
Well, my cans are finally starting to break in(30 hours). These cans need a lot of juice to sound good. Also, a tube amp is a must. My soha is doing a good job with them. I have found I have to crank up to the 12 o'clock position to get them to where I want them as compared to 10 o'clock with my 225's.They are sounding somewhat thin and bright with my computer at work(not enough juice and solid state amp).

A tube amp warms them up nice.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Feb 15, 2008 at 5:36 PM Post #50 of 52
All I have said before this post is wrong. These cans are really starting to open up at 60 hours and WOW. These cans do rock.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
My ipod is doing wonders for these things.
biggrin.gif

Feb 15, 2008 at 8:49 PM Post #51 of 52
Yep, they can play and sing straight out of a good DAP. And it's not a must to drive them with the tubes. It's a matter of preference or a certain amp model. Can't speak however the ultimate solution if it would be tubes, SS or hybrid.

Feb 15, 2008 at 9:21 PM Post #52 of 52
Their brightness has almost completely gone. They are actually sounding warm.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back