Just in, Grado 325i's ROCK
Feb 7, 2008 at 7:17 PM Post #31 of 52
If these highs start to mellow out a bit I don't think I would want a warm can. That is what the 225's were. I like the crisp highs.It gives you that feeling of air.

Feb 7, 2008 at 7:29 PM Post #32 of 52
You guys really need to stop posting, I don't need any more headphones right now.
rolleyes.gif

Feb 7, 2008 at 8:15 PM Post #34 of 52
I don't think we are in kansas anymore.
eek.gif

Feb 7, 2008 at 8:32 PM Post #35 of 52
Some of my favorite rocking headphone moments came from a 325i and Channel Islands VHP-1 headphone amp (Now replaced by the VHP-2, which I haven't heard). Very high-current amps, and given enough current the 325i can put out detail faster than anything I've heard yet.

Feb 7, 2008 at 8:47 PM Post #36 of 52
Can you say electronica.
eek.gif
eek.gif

Feb 8, 2008 at 1:25 PM Post #37 of 52
9 Hours and the treble is starting to subside.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Feb 8, 2008 at 2:15 PM Post #38 of 52
The first day was scary. My 325's sounded very tinny I guess you could say. Now, after 9 or so hours they are really starting to warm up.

Feb 8, 2008 at 2:31 PM Post #39 of 52
You really gotta let new cans burn-in for 50-100 hours before the sound starts to "settle-down"....

Feb 8, 2008 at 2:48 PM Post #40 of 52
True. I am not worried. Now. I just wanted to listen to them from the start.

Feb 8, 2008 at 2:55 PM Post #41 of 52
Yeah, some peeps, just can't stand to let their new cans "just lay there" burning-in for a couple of days.
The torture is too much....
eek.gif

Feb 8, 2008 at 3:09 PM Post #42 of 52
Very nice to see how people enjoying their Grado's, cos they are very good phones, any of them.

Enjoy your 325i and get some cash to move further, always fun
biggrin.gif

Feb 8, 2008 at 3:47 PM Post #43 of 52
Happy to have gotten them.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Feb 9, 2008 at 1:28 PM Post #45 of 52
At the moment they appear to be getting thin on me. I don't know if it is a transitional thing or if my source is the problem. so far I have been listening mostly with a computer at work and my ipod. I need to put some time in with my SOHA at home.They still only have about 12 hours on them though. Some songs are sounding very bright. These are definitely sounding different from my 225's. The detail on these is great though. I can hear things I never heard before with grados. I think to make these things sound great you need a good tube amp with the right tube combo. I would imagine a Mapletree or Melos and hopefully my SOHA once I put in the jisbos buffers too will make these cans sing.These appear to be a very current hungry can.In comparison to 225's these are a lot more tight and snappy. On the song gravity by john mayer I can hear the entering cymbal go a lot farther and there are little voices and extra beats in recordings that I can hear that I never heard before. I think like any can you need to adjust your system to accomodate each can since every can will react differently in any system. At least that is what I have experienced so far in my audiophile career. As short as it is(2 years).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back