just how many people realy like the hd-590's?
Mar 26, 2002 at 11:03 AM Post #47 of 129
Atomicarnage:

The HD590s should work great for 3D postioning.

But I'm not sure if how convinient they will be at LAN parties, because, since these are open back headphones, like your SR-60, noise from your environmet will go straight through them.

Maybe what you need is a pair of closed headphones?

Mar 26, 2002 at 1:13 PM Post #48 of 129
People, has anyone here who uses the 590's tried the 575's at all? I just wanted to know how different these two are to each other.

I've heard that the 575's use the same drivers (if thats the right wording) as the 590's, but because of their positioning, they sound more distant (particularly in mid range).

Would anybody know? (I've got a pair of 575's and I just curious to know difference).

Thanx!

Mar 28, 2002 at 12:35 PM Post #53 of 129
I enjoy the HD 590s very much with all kinds of music, from both portable and component sources. And while they provide an excellent sound directly from the source, the sound experience is very much improved when plugged into my Total Airhead amp. In fact, I never use them anymore without the TAH.

Mar 28, 2002 at 3:51 PM Post #55 of 129
I just ordered a pair from hififorless off ebay, 149.00 after shipping.

If I don't like them, i'm going to blame each and every one of you!

But I have a feeling I'll like them
smily_headphones1.gif

Peace,
phidauex

Mar 28, 2002 at 4:18 PM Post #56 of 129
About HeadRoom saying bad things about the 590... it might just be that the folks over there don't like bright
tongue.gif
e.g. all the HeadRoom amps are rolled off with the processor engaged.

In that case perhaps they found another reviewer to do the reviews on the Grados
tongue.gif

And Tom M... talk about beating a dead horse... lol! (can't resist)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Mar 28, 2002 at 4:44 PM Post #57 of 129
Joe---

good point about Headroom!
smily_headphones1.gif
I think this post was useful though. Tom's pitbull like tenacity brought a dozen 590 fans out of the woodwork (they are certainly not that visible on this forum normally!) and convinced two new buyers (me and Phidauex) to take the plunge and buy em. I would say this thread has been more useful than all that theological debate about how many angels can dance on an Audiotechnica W2002's driver that also went on endlessly...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 29, 2002 at 4:26 AM Post #58 of 129
Actually, it helped 3 people. I currently have the v6's and was looking to get into something higher up the ear chain. The 580's and the 590's were neck in neck until I read everybody's posts. Having never heard either model, and probably never will have a chance before I buy, I decided the 590's are for me. I prefer a more "lively" sounding can to a neutral one. I enjoy getting energized by the sound and it seems like the 590's are the route to go. Thanks for all the responses gang!! Now I just have to find the initiate sign-in sheet for team Sennheiser...

rolleyes.gif

Mar 29, 2002 at 2:57 PM Post #60 of 129
join the club!
biggrin.gif
The 590s have been stigmatized a bit as they are the costlier "replacement" to the very popular 580 series. The folks who love the 580 sound would not be pleased with the more upfront and aggressive sound of the 590s, and thusly resented the higher pricing of the 590.

To those of us that like lots of detail and the comfort of the bionetic design but yet didn't like the 580 distanced sound (not veiled, just sort of far away from the listener) the 590s are just fine. The 590 is sort of a like a Grado/Semm hybrid, and Senn purists may not like it, but I think the sound is vigorous and detailed, a nice combo and a rarity in headphone land. Now that the price has dropped a bit on the 590s, I'm hoping they'll get even more fans...We should rename them the Sennheiser Tom M's!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back