Just got Sansa Clip+, to rockbox or not to rockbox?
Nov 22, 2012 at 4:34 AM Post #46 of 107
I was only joking about the burn in, although something strange is happening to my Colorllfy C3 since ownership. (in a good way) But don't continue to burn in the Clip+

I don't think it's fake, I do however think it maybe faulty from what you're describing, either that or the Sansa hype train 101 grabbed another victim and your exceptions were to high.

I recommend sending it back for exchange if possible, you don't want to sell someone else the problem.

See if it's actually faulty.

Nov 22, 2012 at 4:37 AM Post #47 of 107
Quote:
I don't think it's fake, I do however think it maybe faulty from what you're describing, either that or the Sansa hype train 101 grabbed another victim and your exceptions were to high.

I don't think its so bad that you can't finish listening to a song.  Some may not like it, but the sound is pretty neutral.

Nov 22, 2012 at 4:40 AM Post #49 of 107
Same here.

Or, the listener is not worthy to be among the 'chosen ones' to be blessed with the Sansa sound. 

Nov 22, 2012 at 4:46 AM Post #51 of 107
Thats odd.

Even the Sandisk website's photo of the Clip+ has "Sansa" written on the front.

The best thing would be to try another unit, if anyone you know uses it.

Where did you buy it from?

Got it from an online dealer. He has sold hundreds of these. They are fairly cheap, so i wouldn't bother him about having these replaced, but ill see if anyone has them so i can compare. Can you say your unit sounds better than most ipods? I can hear grainy upper end especially on vocals. And to perfectly describe the sound, its eq-ed down at 1khz. No impact on hard hitting notes, no body on vocals and no musicality :frowning2:. And i'm not even being harsh about my description. They sound perfectly ok to my wife though. :)

Nov 22, 2012 at 4:53 AM Post #53 of 107
you don't want to sell someone else the problem.
See if it's actually faulty.

You're right . maybe I'll sell it for half the price. Its a day old...not even 24 hours. I got them 9am yesterday....:)

And like i said, my wife thinks they sound exactly the same as any other source she has listened to. :)

Maybe it is faulty...Has anyone heard of a new production line with a different chipset and a different amp? Maybe i got the first off of this production line. I dont want to think i hear differently from you guys.

Nov 22, 2012 at 4:55 AM Post #54 of 107
Does it sound a little like an FM radio? Could you describe the sound as being similar to that?

Nov 22, 2012 at 5:04 AM Post #56 of 107
Yes! Thats it...very FM-ish

There's definitely nothing wrong with your Clip+ then IMO. It's just the way they sound, you're living the Sansa dream right there my friend!

You may want to consider Colorfly C3 as an upgrade.

Goodluck

Nov 22, 2012 at 5:13 AM Post #57 of 107
There's definitely nothing wrong with your Clip+ IMO. It's just the way they sound, you're living the Sansa dream right there my friend!
You may want to consider Colorfly C3 as an upgrade.
Goodluck

Honestly, you made me feel better. :) hmmm, i was just expecting too much maybe. So i thought I got a faulty unit.

Is it weird that I think the Ipod nano 6g sounds better? But I think the clip and my iphone 3Gs headhpone out are very similar. I sold my iphone but i think i remember feeling the same about them.

Nov 23, 2012 at 4:44 AM Post #59 of 107
Weird thing I see from the pic you uploaded,

Sansa clip+ has got the "sansa" wording on the player front while yours shows ''Sandisk"

isnt that peculiar?

Nope, because I have my Clip+ here infront of me, it does indeed say Sandisk like his. Actually it looks like there's two variations.

Our good friend Achmedisdead would know about this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back