Just got Sansa Clip+, to rockbox or not to rockbox?
Nov 28, 2012 at 2:19 AM Post #76 of 107
Hey, relax. I'm just responding to what Annafrancesca said.

I'm not sure why you compared the sound with FM, I'll say the sound of the Clip+ is the standard sound for any neutral device.

It's all good proton, just having a bit of fun. :wink: I was loling.

In short, when I hear the Clip+ it reminds of listening to an FM radio, for example playing FLAC I get this image that I'm tuned into a radio station, not the frequency response, just the overall SQ. Something I could never shake from the Sansa DAPs and stuck with me. :smile:

Nov 28, 2012 at 2:23 AM Post #77 of 107
Quote:
It's all good proton, just having a bit of fun.
wink.gif
I was loling.
In short, when I hear the Clip+ it reminds of listening to an FM radio, for example playing FLAC I get this image that I'm tuned into a radio station. Something I could never shake from the Sansa DAPs and stuck with me.
smile.gif

Oh, ok 
redface.gif

Well, for me FM has always sounded kinda thin and dry. Thats not how I'd describe the Clip's sound.

Nov 28, 2012 at 2:44 AM Post #78 of 107
Quote:
It's all good proton, just having a bit of fun.
wink.gif
I was loling.
In short, when I hear the Clip+ it reminds of listening to an FM radio, for example playing FLAC I get this image that I'm tuned into a radio station, not the frequency response, just the overall SQ. Something I could never shake from the Sansa DAPs and stuck with me.
smile.gif

I actually just tried out the FM tuner on my Clip Zip, hoping to find a station playing some music I owned so I could compare FM to the onboard memory...but the only strong station I could pull in was playing some godawful pop crap.....I think it might have been Ke$ha 
eek.gif
 which I certainly do not own....lol. So the experiment couldn't be completed.
tongue.gif

Nov 28, 2012 at 4:51 AM Post #80 of 107
Quote:
What the hell is that roll-off? My Clip+ (didn't I post this already?):

I just got it off the net, its an RMAA measurement.  I guess the test is not very reliable, or maybe tested differently, not sure.

Nov 28, 2012 at 10:56 AM Post #83 of 107
^^^^
Cannot link to a banned member site. Remove it before you get a warning from the admin!

Nov 28, 2012 at 11:50 AM Post #84 of 107
Quote:
^^^^
Cannot link to a banned member site. Remove it before you get a warning from the admin!

I appreciate the heads up, but if posting a link to a blog, because that blog happens to belong to a "banned member" (how the hell am I supposed to know that) gets me in trouble, then that's a pretty terrible rule.

Nov 28, 2012 at 11:54 AM Post #85 of 107
i like it... 
was rockboxed within 10 mins of unboxing and it's how i usually use it. 

A bit fiddly at first but quite intuitive when you realise how manual everything is! 
Love the EQ settings on it when necessary

Only downsides I've found is it's about as stable as an elephant on a telephone pole (versions I've tried anyway!) and my battery life is a bit rubbish now. 

Nov 28, 2012 at 12:03 PM Post #86 of 107
Quote:
i like it... 
was rockboxed within 10 mins of unboxing and it's how i usually use it. 

A bit fiddly at first but quite intuitive when you realise how manual everything is! 
Love the EQ settings on it when necessary

Only downsides I've found is it's about as stable as an elephant on a telephone pole (versions I've tried anyway!) and my battery life is a bit rubbish now. 

Versions you've tried? What do you mean by that?  And the battery life is better with Rockbox than it is with the original firmware.

Nov 29, 2012 at 7:57 AM Post #89 of 107
Ok, maybe i was out of line when I said V shaped... :) the best way to describe it is...it sound very much like the ipod mini....but i have made my peace with it. It is just a matter of preference. I am not in anyway trying to be an elitist but voicing out my concern that maybe, my unit was defective...or worse, my preference in audio quality is different from everyone else's. (i would rather go with a defective sansa than a defective hearing) but thank you so much everyone for helping and giving out suggestions. It made me, a newcomer to this forum, feel welcome and supported. I guess that's why head-fi has become one of the best. The members are very supportive...sometimes a little harsh, :) but i would prefer harsh to a snob. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back