Just got my JH 16's Today - Something Wrong?
Jun 2, 2011 at 1:03 PM Post #46 of 59

Quote:
When paying the sort of money that these high end customs cost, this is exactly the service we should all expect ...

x 2 -- And, to be honest, even when paying $400 one should get excellent CS. When we talk about customs it often seems that $400 is not that much when it is, in fact, still a lot of money.

Quote:
I have had them for about a month now but still liking them more than many full sized cans, for me they just do everything right and more. I only get to listen properly in the evenings and have had quite a few late ones coz I can't stop listening once I put them in (especially since getting the CLAS).

Ah, but you haven't tried the ES3X!  :wink:

Jun 2, 2011 at 2:33 PM Post #47 of 59

Quote:
I would like state a personal experience that JH16 is not that godly as everyone says they are.
I went through so much hassle and heartache with this
I waited, waited, refitted, waited and after a few months the left side dropped and was charged half price for it.
I NEVER took it off from the wire, babied it and it just fell off when i was traveling *waves fist*

Even when i was hearing the JH16s with good fit, it's just good. No 1000 virgins whispering to my ears as i thought i would get with the price.

To me it sounds VERY MUCH like a refined sounding JH5.  But an $800 upcharge for that refinement?  Seriously....

Again, I think it is safe to say customs are very over-priced for what you are getting.  They must be to help try to recover the cost.  Think of all the domestic labor charges in re-fits.  It eats right into the bottom line.  I never hear of JH5 refits.....always the higher level models with dual, triple bores and trying to cram all those drivers in.

Jun 2, 2011 at 3:15 PM Post #48 of 59
i'd be happy with A fit

but wrt your situation, i do have to wonder if you are bouncing up against the limits of your source and amp, jh16 ARE a difficult load, there is no 2 ways about that and since i know you dont use an amp and are probably just using a dap, good chance you are now judging your source, not the jh16. its safe to say given your posts that they are the best iems you have heard, just not up to your lofty expectations of the pricetag and the lyrical prose that passes for review around here. its a falacy that the lower the impedance the easier they are to drive, its quite the opposite

Jun 2, 2011 at 4:30 PM Post #49 of 59

Quote:
i'd be happy with A fit

but wrt your situation, i do have to wonder if you are bouncing up against the limits of your source and amp, jh16 ARE a difficult load, there is no 2 ways about that and since i know you dont use an amp and are probably just using a dap, good chance you are now judging your source, not the jh16. its safe to say given your posts that they are the best iems you have heard, just not up to your lofty expectations of the pricetag and the lyrical prose that passes for review around here. its a falacy that the lower the impedance the easier they are to drive, its quite the opposite

That's a fair point but, yes I did like them and they sound the best but I couldn't pick any single traits out that had my jaw dropping (but it does everything very very well).  At least with JH13 (which is even a little less efficient), my jaw WAS on the floor with the speed, detail and transparency.  I think it's the most unique sounding of the three (JH5, 13, 16).  Yet the JH16 "sound" was more up my alley.

Jun 2, 2011 at 9:22 PM Post #50 of 59
oh sorry my bad, i forgot you were comparing jh13. well yeah naturally they are superior :D 

when i saw the jh16 announcement i was actually still totally happy having the 13's, i dont need the extra bass on top of the already slammin bass they have, the dual per band just seems right to me. the same statement applies with them though, you reach a point where they are not the limiting factor and they scale very well with home gear, not just amp, probably actually more with source.

Jun 4, 2011 at 2:02 PM Post #51 of 59
OK, after sending yet another email to every JH email address, i got an email from Brittany. i still do not have the email she said she would send when she got to work, but i'm not calling anything on that yet, as i bet she got slammed with all sorts of stuff when first walking in. the email was very apologetic and it will be taken care of apparently. I still dont know what the story is, but i guess we'll see

Jun 4, 2011 at 3:00 PM Post #52 of 59
problems like that that seem to be culture dont get fixed like that, but yes i guess we'll see. regardless i'm happy to have at least had contact and it can of course be fixed with systemic reform, or plain old staff retraining

Jun 5, 2011 at 3:33 AM Post #53 of 59
and no email received....... why am i not surprized

Jul 21, 2011 at 6:13 PM Post #54 of 59
Well my JH16's fit fine and sound fantastic, I use them with my Ipod touch with line out to an iBasso D6, all my music files are Apple Lossless or WAV, no MP3 crap, these babies have made all my universal IEM's obsolete, for the people with performance and fit issues, I suggest sending them back to have them looked at. And one more thing in regards to the JH16's, if you feed them crap they will sound like crap, they will let you know real fast of a crappy recording.

Jul 22, 2011 at 11:32 PM Post #55 of 59

Quote:
,. And one more thing in regards to the JH16's, if you feed them crap they will sound like crap, they will let you know real fast of a crappy recording.

That actually cuts most people out of the market.  Most aren't doing lossless and amped.  But they will still sound better ....just not $1,200 versus $400 better,

Dec 11, 2011 at 1:58 PM Post #58 of 59
If I spent $1150 I would be on the phone with them, that's a large amount for anyone.

Jan 17, 2012 at 11:31 PM Post #59 of 59
After hearing these stories it makes me think twice about my purchase of the JH16. I also had a hard time trying to reach them except for Zac through email. Calling always worked. I only found this thread since I found mine to be a bit sibilant. I read on here that it might be because of the longer bore since I do have rather large ear canals ( I had no problem with the triple fis fitting) so that might be a reason. Could someone post the link to that thread please. Hopefully they will reply and update their website order statuses faster now since they are hiring more people. Mine never got updated from payment received. The only email I got about updates were just about payments. No impressions received, order processed, or order shipped not even after I emailed them twice. I was giving them the benefit of a doubt since I'm sure they got alot of orders due to the Thanksgiving and Christmas sale but I guess this has been going on for a while. I'm happy with the sound except for the slight sibilance but I've never heard anyone else complain about that issue so there might be something wrong. I guess I shall ask for a frequency response test to be done when I send them in for a refit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back