Just got my AKG K702s and Valhalla. Headphones sound like crap..... grr...
Jan 8, 2011 at 10:11 AM Post #31 of 37

Quote:
Which is all well and good, but had nothing to do with his issue, which is hearing bass distortion. 

Maybe when people do not hear BASS, they feel that the bass is distorting?

OTOH, a LOT of recordings have a bit of clipping on bass notes and loud sections and highly resolving phones like the K-702 and T1 will reveal that.

Jan 8, 2011 at 10:51 AM Post #32 of 37
I didn't find the K702 lacking in bass, it's just not fun to listen to.  Which is good if you are mixing with it and that's want it is designed for.

Jan 8, 2011 at 11:21 AM Post #33 of 37
Quote:
i mean, these headphones have no bass... at all... i mean, i love bass, but i wasn't looking for a heavy bass headphone. these were twice the price of my ath's, so i figured it would have at least the ammount of bass they do, if not more. but what I'm getting, literally, my iphone ear buds have just as much bass if not better.

Sorry to hear that. It sucks to be disappointed. I did try to steer you away from that setup.

You might be happier something like the Asgard and HD650.

Jan 8, 2011 at 11:27 AM Post #34 of 37
Jan 8, 2011 at 12:03 PM Post #35 of 37
LOL, agree...buy a boombox or turn up the eq if you must. "...no bass"? it must be an amping issue.  listening to "Sexy Boy" by Air, and there's definitely bass there. Some material sounds too bright with them for my taste, but 'no bass' is a bit of an exaggeration.

Quote:
Quote:
sorry... okay.... the highs and the mids sound decent, but the bass distorts pretty bad. i mean, these headphones have no bass... at all... i mean, i love bass, but i wasn't looking for a heavy bass headphone. these were twice the price of my ath's, so i figured it would have at least the ammount of bass they do, if not more. but what I'm getting, literally, my iphone ear buds have just as much bass if not better. honest.. another thing, with my a700s, with the amp at the 12 o'clock position, they are louder then the 702s.

but my a700s sound better all around right now on this amp. mids, higs, lows (are much better)

Buy a boombox.
tongue_smile.gif

The K-702 has exceptional bass, if you ask me.

Jan 14, 2011 at 8:50 PM Post #37 of 37
I noticed improvement up until about 1000 hours of burning these cans in. I got fed up and wanted to return them to Headroom at about 500 hours. They told me to keep burning in. I used the Ayre Acoustics system disc playing pink and brown noise and G-spot Tornado off Frank Zappa's Yellow Shark. Now they are one of the best headphones I've ever heard. Be Patient...

Oh yeah, Headroom Micro Amp and Micro DAC, AKG 702's, Headphile cable, PS Audio Duet and Noise Harvesters

Users who are viewing this thread

Back