Just bought me some PortaPros.
Jul 20, 2010 at 6:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

jack95

100+ Head-Fier
I just recently purchased some koss portapros off of amazon for 30$ and can't wait for them to get here. They are going to be my secondary headphone next to my M50 and I am going to use them for working out and doing other stuff outdoors or on the go (hence the name portapro).  Ive heard some much awesomeness about these headphones and decided that I could really put them to good use.

Now I want to know your impressions and experiances with the portapros and when you use them.

Jul 20, 2010 at 9:32 PM Post #2 of 14
I use them as my primary portable cans. They aren't amazing in any form, but they are good for the money. I was surprised by the amount of bass they put out, but quality is so-so. It's a good $25-35 headphone that doesn't make your head hot and they weigh almost nothing. A good alternative for people who can't stand IEMs (me).

Jul 20, 2010 at 9:53 PM Post #3 of 14
i feel ya, man.
i can't stand IEMs. 

the portapro tends to pinch my hair.  but, other than that, i have no complaints.

Jul 20, 2010 at 10:03 PM Post #4 of 14
Get that mullet trimmed?!
tongue_smile.gif

Couldn't resist after seeing your location.
wink_face.gif

Jul 21, 2010 at 1:02 AM Post #8 of 14

Quote:
I use them as my primary portable cans. They aren't amazing in any form, but they are good for the money. I was surprised by the amount of bass they put out, but quality is so-so. It's a good $25-35 headphone that doesn't make your head hot and they weigh almost nothing. A good alternative for people who can't stand IEMs (me).

Quote:
i feel ya, man.
i can't stand IEMs

the portapro tends to pinch my hair.  but, other than that, i have no complaints.

Sweet, I'm not the only one that can't stand IEM's.
beerchug.gif

Jul 21, 2010 at 10:17 AM Post #9 of 14
I also cannot stand IEMs; the only IEM that I ever could get accustomed to was the ipod stock bud which was easy to put in the ear for me and that they were easy to bring on the go.

Jul 23, 2010 at 4:51 PM Post #11 of 14

The KSC75's are a better choice for working out. They're just so light and don't get in the way. I would think it would get irritating to have headphone pressing against your head while excercising.  Not that the PortaPros are bad this way, but you never forget you're wearing them.

Jul 23, 2010 at 5:10 PM Post #12 of 14
I find the KSC75s are better in every way except how you have to wear them, so I took the portapro drivers off the headband and put the ksc ones in. They sound much, much better.

Jul 23, 2010 at 6:23 PM Post #13 of 14
Considering their small price tag (less than one hours wage) I find them to give excellent sound/value ratio.
Do not expect it to end there though!
tongue_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back