June 28, 2015 - Audio-Video Club of Atlanta 2nd Annual Portable Audio Jam
Jun 23, 2015 at 12:32 PM Post #31 of 86
More great news!!!

We have just learned that we will have one of the first pairs of Audioquest NightHawks available for listening thanks to Lee Scoggins and Stephen Mejias of Audioquest. And possibly more new gear courtesy of Lee.

Jun 24, 2015 at 8:32 AM Post #33 of 86
I just saw this posted on innerfidelity. I'll be there too. I look forward to going to my first meet!

I can bring:

Headphones:
Audeo PFE 132 and 232
Shure SE846
Sennheiser HD595
Beyerdynamic DT880
NAD Viso HP50
Oppo PM3
Audeze LCD-X (picking it up today from Sight + Sound Gallery!)

Amps:
Fiio E18 Kunlun
MiniBox E+
Centrance HiFi-M8

Jun 24, 2015 at 4:11 PM Post #34 of 86
John -

I'll be there - you'll remember me when you see me, I was there last year. I'll bring a Bottlehead Crack for you to try with your 650's. For portable, I've got a DX50 folks can try.  

I'm hoping someone will have a PM-1, I'd like to give that another listen.  

Ron

Jun 24, 2015 at 6:26 PM Post #35 of 86
Here's an updated list of what's coming!

We have just learned that we will have one of the first pairs of Audioquest NightHawks available for listening thanks to Lee Scoggins and Stephen Mejias of Audioquest. And, Stephen just added the latest version of the popular Dragonfly, V1.2!

In addition, HiFi Buys owner, Alan Jones  is sending us a couple of pairs of the latest Grado e Series headphones.

Member Horton McCurdy, always has a few surprises up his sleeve and this year that includes the new Oppo Ha-2 portable headphone amp and DAC. You'll just have to be here to find out what else he'll have!

Our pal Purk is also bringing along a handful of wonderfulness including the balanced Geek Pulse X amp + DAC, Sony MDR-Z7 headphones, Walkman A-17 player, and PHA-3 portable amp/DAC. As a special treat, he is also bringing his Limited Edition Neil Young Pono Player!!! He requests that those who want to audition his systems bring their music on a microSD card!

Local Headphone shop owner, and well known Atlanta audiophile and high-end sales guru, Joe Saxon, will have on hand a significant portion of his sales stock! The listing can be found in this posting.

AND, we are still working on a few more surprises!

Jun 24, 2015 at 9:46 PM Post #39 of 86
I'm still coming up with my gear list but I'll bring along the HD800, HE1000, and SR009 for others to audition as well.   I'm not sure about DAC and amps yet.

Jun 24, 2015 at 10:18 PM Post #40 of 86
Thanks for all the support Purk.

I'm working with another vendor now for some new stuff.  Hope to be able to make an announcement soon.

Lee Scoggins

Jun 24, 2015 at 10:25 PM Post #41 of 86
  Hi Guys, just wanted to give an update of what's going to be on hand from me at the meet,:

Headphones:

Audeze EL-8 Open Back
Audeze EL-8 Closed Back *
Audeze LCD2 *
Audeze LCD-3
Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 Around Ear *
Sennheiser HD800

Amps/Sources:

Questyle CMA800i (DAC/AMP combo)

Sennheiser HDVD-800 (DAC/AMP combo)

Marantz HD-DAC1 (DAC/AMP combo)

iFi iDSD Micro *
iFi iDSD Nano *
iFi iCan Micro *
iFi iCan Nano *
iFi iTube *
iFi Phono *
iFi iUSB Power *
iFi iPurifier *

Kimber Kable USB and Analog Interconnect Cables *

*  Denotes products I will have in stock at the show to sell

*****Yes, there will be a AVOCA Meet discount!*****

Good stuff Joe.  Look forward to more listening.

Jun 25, 2015 at 10:43 AM Post #43 of 86
I am moving to Athens in August so please do let me know if there's another one like this happening. If not, I will be there next year but I do hope to see some good photos. Have fun.

Jun 25, 2015 at 1:25 PM Post #45 of 86

Had we known of this earlier, we could probably have worked this out to your satisfaction. At this point, we probably don't have time to help. We look forward to seeing you next year!

John

I am going to presume you were replying to my post. So if yes, thanks. I look forward to it too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back