June 28, 2015 - Audio-Video Club of Atlanta 2nd Annual Portable Audio Jam
Apr 21, 2015 at 7:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 86

jhm3

100+ Head-Fier
THE DATE FOR THIS MEETING HAS BEEN CHANGED TO 6/28/2015. ALL OTHER INFORMATION REMAINS THE SAME!

Sorry for the late notification. I hope that you will be able to attend if interested!  John

On Sunday, June 28th, from 12N to 5PM, the Audio-Video Club of Atlanta will host a program featuring both portable audio industry representatives and hobbyist demonstrators. This will take place at the Virtual Properties Realty Training Room at 2750 Premier Parkway, Duluth GA 30097.

6/25/2015 I have updated the message below to relax the format. Just come on out and bring your gear to share. There will be refreshments and we'll assign space as needed.

We are looking for the latest in “portable” gear which might be used on the road, in flight, in your office, or anywhere you need great sounding music with you! This includes, but is not limited to players, DACs, headphone amps, headphones, IEMs, USB gear, etc. Latest additions to product lines are encouraged!

There will be no charge for tables for either industry reps or hobbyists, we only ask that you contact us to let us know you will be attending and bring your own electrical strips. If you will need lots of table space, you may want to let us know roughly how much! We will provide access to 2 electrical outlets per person.

If you have questions or plan to bring your rig, call John Morrison at 770-330-3919.

So far, we have a commitment from Joe Saxon of HeadphoneAudio.com to bring a plethora of great stuff. We are also working on contacting our neighbors just down the road, EarWerkz, to ask them to participate. The new iFi Audio dealer in town, Charles Berry of Sight & Sound Gallery will have a selection of iFi products for you to audition. And, possibly, Darren Censullo of Avatar Acoustics, the US distributor for iFi products may have a brand new product to announce and show.

Our schedule for this starts with setup for club members and other attendees around noon. There is ground level access to the building. Hand trucks will probably be needed.

Attendees may feel free to bring some of their own gear to use while listening to the systems.

We will once again provide a separate room for the hobbyists to set up in. Last year they were demoing their equipment almost continually and the room was very popular!

A-VCOA will provide light refreshments for this event.

If you are a hobbyist or an industry rep interested in showing your gear, please contact me ASAP! Click below to go to the event description.

http://www.a-vcoa.org/content.aspx?page_id=87&club_id=290418&item_id=406797

John

John Morrison, President, 
Audio-Video Club of Atlanta 
Direct: 770-330-3919
Fax: 1-866-891-3690

mailto:jhm3@bellsouth.net
http://www.a-vcoa.org

Apr 22, 2015 at 6:49 PM Post #2 of 86
 I'll be there.  Will definitely bring the SR009/SR007 and the KGST to the meet.  Maybe HD800 with the SUSY Dynahi to show off as well.  I probably will bring other gears as well.  Anyone up for this meet?  The previous two meets organized by the AVCOA were great event and had good amount of people show up.

Apr 24, 2015 at 12:17 AM Post #4 of 86
Hi Guys, just wanted to give an update of what's going to be on hand from me at the meet,:

Headphones:

Audeze EL-8 Open Back
Audeze EL-8 Closed Back *
Audeze LCD2 *
Audeze LCD-3
Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 Around Ear *
Sennheiser HD800

Amps/Sources:

Questyle CMA800i (DAC/AMP combo)

Sennheiser HDVD-800 (DAC/AMP combo)

Marantz HD-DAC1 (DAC/AMP combo)

iFi iDSD Micro *
iFi iDSD Nano *
iFi iCan Micro *
iFi iCan Nano *
iFi iTube *
iFi Phono *
iFi iUSB Power *
iFi iPurifier *

Kimber Kable USB and Analog Interconnect Cables *

*  Denotes products I will have in stock at the show to sell

*****Yes, there will be a AVOCA Meet discount!*****

Apr 24, 2015 at 12:36 AM Post #5 of 86
  Hi Guys, just wanted to give an update of what's going to be on hand from me at the meet,:

Headphones:

Audeze EL-8 Open Back
Audeze EL-8 Closed Back *
Audeze LCD2 *
Audeze LCD-3
Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 Around Ear *
Sennheiser HD800

Amps/Sources:

Questyle CMA800i (DAC/AMP combo)

Sennheiser HDVD-800 (DAC/AMP combo)

Marantz HD-DAC1 (DAC/AMP combo)

iFi iDSD Micro *
iFi iDSD Nano *
iFi iCan Micro *
iFi iCan Nano *
iFi iTube *
iFi Phono *
iFi iUSB Power *
iFi iPurifier *

Kimber Kable USB and Analog Interconnect Cables *

*  Denotes products I will have in stock at the show to sell

*****Yes, there will be a AVOCA Meet discount!*****

Looking great.  Glad to finally have a local headphones dealer...and a great guy to boot!

Jun 9, 2015 at 3:47 PM Post #13 of 86
Yes, it's still on. I have had to do a clean re-install of Windows on my main PC and I am in the process of rebuilding it now. Just got online access late yesterday evening. Please encourage everyone to attend. We don't have a lot of info out there yet, but will soon. I am anticipating that custom IEM company, Earwerkz.com will be there and there are more vendors names to follow.

John

Jun 13, 2015 at 7:08 AM Post #14 of 86
Going & looking forward to it! Also telling a few other locals who may be interested.  This isn't on-topic but we're all friends here--I just found that Audio Alternative in Lilburn is resurrecting Hifi Buys after all these years.  Who'd have thought?

Jun 13, 2015 at 9:09 AM Post #15 of 86
You are right. Alan Jones, the owner, purchased the rights to the name and has moved back into the Buckhead area where the original HiFi Buys was located. We have invited them to the Jam, but they haven't given us an OK yet due to the work associated with the move. We'll be in contact next week to see if they are out of the woods yet and can attend. (Last year, they even made sales at the event so they may have a reason to be there!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back